Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

The Elder Scrolls Forums _ Elder Scrolls Lore _ RP: Morning Star Parade

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 04:26 AM

In the previous installment of this thread, people make their final plans as the procession draws closer to Vivec. Loranna has decided to renounce her position as Incarnate and surrender herself to the judgement of her companions, though the Dam Dog has reminded her that the last waltz is his. Arynel confers with Helseth on how to stop the Incarnate, and Lord Liris died in the boating accident that left a mast fallen and chaos strewed about.

As always, mirc irc.ChatSpike.net channel #Loranna_RP is our official chatroom for the event. Everyone who plays is welcomed and encouraged to join the chat so that we may discuss plot developments and swap jokes about our characters Those who can't get into the chatroom are encouraged to PM Loranna about any plot ideas or scene-effecting actions they have in mind; I will try to answer you with all possible speed.


Part Twenty Four begins ...

===

Summary for Loranna:

Loranna had been talking to Allie about her conversation with Ciel and Tris, and her plans to renounce her Incarnate role at Vivec, turning herself over to Allie and company for jugdement for her crimes. She also was starting to talk about romantic issues, when disaster struck.

When the mast fell, she went to safety but is currently helping talk the people not helping with cleanup or the rescue efforts into going back to their cabins and resting.

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 04:29 AM

ooc summaries:

Allerleirauh, on the boat, is assisting with the disaster.

Doll and her group of freed slaves have reached the
Bitter Coast, where they plan to settle.

Tris, with Ciel, used Almsivi Intervention to reach Vivec ahead of the others.

Skein remains at Solunastra; so does Dragon, who is researching the nature of the Void Vampire, Bosriel.

Mirea is spying for Allerleirauh.

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 04:29 AM

OOC: Arynel is currently conversing with King Helseth.


QUOTE

"Yes, my spies tell me something similar. However, it's better to be preapared for the worst than to be caught short handed. Even you can see that?"

"As for where her followers will turn, that is why I am securing the support from the other factions of Morrowind. Their friends will be few. If they still cause a problem, then, and only then, will I have no other option but to send in the troops."



"Very good then." The Breton said. "One hand extended in peace, another on the sword-hilt. If it comes to that point, as it may, the troops may be needed, but I believe it would be best to stay your hand for now."

Arynel paused.

"That is all from my tongue. I will go now, unless you would like to speak with me."

Posted by: Teleran Jan 13 2005, 04:30 AM

Teleran is helping repair the ship

Rathryon is en route to Vivec, walking very slowly

Posted by: Aki Jan 13 2005, 04:33 AM

Summary:
Reichi, The Dunmer Werewolf has done little, but has run into Celezar's family. Even if he doesn't know it.

Dar'Var, The speedy, skooma cat Still with da slaves. Prolly drinkin' too.

Tarenen, the rather odd breton is waiting and waiting for the Parade to reach Vivec. Where he can perform his duty of killing those directly involved with the killing of another Hunter unit in Skyrim.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hunter Camp
Tarenen mumbled curses. Wondering how it could be that no one knew where in Vivec the Incarnate was setting down. He intended to make a annoucement and let those guilty surrender peaceably. If that failed, Well, causing wanton carnage was one of Tarenen's favorite pastimes.


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 04:34 AM

Aricyn, having been told by the captain that the ropes that held the fallen yardarm could not be found, went looking for Allerleirauh and the queen, whose man was killed in the 'accident'.

Spotting Allerleirauh assisting people on deck, he drew he aside and explained about the rope.

"Might I suggest that we discuss this with the queen. The murder of a man in her employ should prove interesting to her, one way or the other."

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 04:37 AM

Summary:

Elysana, Queen of Wayrest, is kneeling by the side of the dead Lord Liris. She has told his second-in-command in no uncertain terms to find out if his death was by accident or by design.

Jazbet, the Khajiit Knight of House Dres, is helping clean up the wreckage, after swimming around the lake, looking for survivors.

Ryvad Castellian, the Queen's Spymaster in Wayrest has sent his sovereign an important archeological find recently unearthed.

Bosriel, the little dark-haired girl, the Void Vampire, waits in the Void, alone. She is growing hungry.

Posted by: Solin Jan 13 2005, 04:37 AM

Summary:

Solin remains busy at work in the
Clock-Work City.

Ciel has jumped ahead to Vivec with Tris.

Liris just went "Splat"!

Posted by: Attrebus Jan 13 2005, 04:38 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 12:49 PM)

OOC:  Arynel is currently conversing with King Helseth.
"Very good then."  The Breton said.  "One hand extended in peace, another on the sword-hilt.  If it comes to that point, as it may, the troops may be needed, but I believe it would be best to stay your hand for now."

Arynel paused.

"That is all from my tongue.  I will go now, unless you would like to speak with me."

*




"Indeed. You may take your leave, and thank you for your suggestions. I must prepare for some meetings, and an unexpected gift." Said Helseth.

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 04:40 AM

QUOTE(Attrebus @ Jan 12 2005, 08:28 PM)

"Indeed. You may take your leave, and thank you for your suggestions. I must prepare for some meetings, and an unexpected gift." Said Helseth.

*





"Very good then." Arynel said.

The Breton said nothing more, but turned around and began to walk away.

"I will greatly enjoy the day that comes," Arynel mumbled as he walked, "when in this I will have to play no cards."

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 04:44 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 12 2005, 09:24 PM)

Aricyn, having been told by the captain that the ropes that held the fallen yardarm could not be found, went looking for Allerleirauh and the queen, whose man was killed in the 'accident'.

Spotting Allerleirauh assisting people on deck, he drew he aside and explained about the rope.

"Might I suggest that we discuss this with the queen. The murder of a man in her employ should prove interesting to her, one way or the other."

*




"That's not the only interesting thing," Allerleirauh said, explaining about the "calling card".

"I don't believe the dam dog - or Celezar - means to lay claim to the murder. But the timing is interesting."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 04:52 AM

Having convinced most of the milling worshippers that right now is not a good time to be standing about gawking at the broken mast and that prayers to Azura were said just as easily in their cabins as out in the fresh air, Loranna surveys the scene, noting Allie and Aricyn talking.

... Some days I wonder if everyone else is a telepath, she thinks with a small smirk.

She thinks about Lord Liris's death, wondering what to make of it. Was this a punishment from his Queen for not running things well or an act of revenge from some other person?

... And here I thought the last couple of days before Vivec would be quiet ... Loranna thinks with a reuful chuckle. Hmm; the guards and workers all seem okay, good ...


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 04:54 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 10:34 PM)

"That's not the only interesting thing,"  Allerleirauh said, explaining about the "calling card".

"I don't believe the dam dog - or Celezar - means to lay claim to the murder. But the timing is interesting."

*





It is easy to find Elysana. Still calling herself Lady Farrine, she is with the injured, having at last left the body of Liris. Though not a healer, she knows something of setting bones and treating cuts. Not that there are any great injuries -- a broken finger here, a sprained ankles there, abrasions, bruises ...


Posted by: w0nders Jan 13 2005, 04:56 AM

Summary-

Dante, is off somewhere talking with random Azura worshippers.

Illidan, is itting on a crate playing a lute he found laying around.

Inzoliah, Brum, Merciander and Zero, are all still waiting patiently in Vivec.

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 04:57 AM

There was a flash of green light, and Arynel appeared onboard the ship, at the same place he had left from.

The Breton looked around.

"What is going on here? What has happened?"

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 04:59 AM

"Let us get this sail repaired as best as we can," the Khajiit Lord Dres Jazbet told his men. "It doesn't have to be pretty. It only has to get us to Vivec, and that's not far away now ..."


Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 05:01 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 12 2005, 10:47 PM)

There was a flash of green light, and Arynel appeared onboard the ship, at the same place he had left from.

The Breton looked around.

"What is going on here?  What has happened?"

*





Loranna happens to be close to Arynel when he appears.

" ... There's been an accident," she explains. "The mast fell; Lord Liris was killed, though no one else has died from what we can tell. We're in the midst of cleaning up and tending to the wounded."

Noting Elysana treating the injured, she says " ... I should go see if my healing magics are needed ..."

Posted by: Solin Jan 13 2005, 05:03 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 12 2005, 08:47 PM)

There was a flash of green light, and Arynel appeared onboard the ship, at the same place he had left from.

The Breton looked around.

"What is going on here?  What has happened?"

*




Faril stood, finished with his grizzly task, and redraped the body of Liris with the blanket. He looked to Arynel and said, "Lord Liris is dead. The yardarm collapsed the sail, it fell directly onto him."

Faril shook his head.

"They are looking to see if it was by accident or by deed of man that this occured."

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 05:03 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 12 2005, 08:51 PM)

Loranna happens to be close to Arynel when he appears.

" ... There's been an accident," she explains.  "The mast feel; Lord Liris was killed, though no one else has died from what we can tell.  We're in the midst of cleaning up and tending to the wounded."

Noting Elysana treating the injured, she says " ... I should go see if my healing magics are needed ..."

*





Arynel nodded. "I see."

The Breton turned to a hurt Dunmer, and a soft blue light began to imminate from the Breton's fingers.

"An accident?" He muttered under his breath. "An incident to be sure, but an accident?..."

He noted Faril speak, but did not answer.

Posted by: Celezar Jan 13 2005, 05:06 AM

*There is a skittering of small metal legs and the jingle and clank of chains as two horrors emerge from the shadows, watching the situation from afar*

"Oh, woe is us, father, if honor is not won before the sun arises."

"Freeeedommmm..."

*The horrid automation, 'father', rasps as much as its ravaged throat will allow*

"Yes...the keys to freedom and honor, our dignities rejuvinated, a reward so bitter, a punishment so foul..."

*The cage like mechanism connected to Father Elidras squeezes his rotting body tightly as he gasps out what is easily recognized as a hoarse laughter*

"Sssssalvatioooon...."

"To walk upon the world once more as a horrid beast is salvation enough for this weary soul, though for you, death is the only relief, father."

"Yesssss.....deeeeaaath...."

*The Elidras Father's eyes roll backwards, almost as if saying those words brought ectsasy to its lifeless body*


Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 05:09 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 12 2005, 10:53 PM)

Arynel nodded.  "I see."

The Breton turned to a hurt Dunmer, and a soft blue light began to imminate from the Breton's fingers.

"An accident?"  He muttered under his breath.  "An incident to be sure, but an accident?..."

He noted Faril speak, but did not answer.

*





Loranna gives Arynel a knowing glance, before nodding to Faril and saying "Thank you dear."

Loranna uses her limited healing magic to help with the non-magical healing others have provided, smiling gently and offering a few whispered words of encouragement as she does.

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 05:15 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 10:34 PM)

"That's not the only interesting thing,"  Allerleirauh said, explaining about the "calling card".

"I don't believe the dam dog - or Celezar - means to lay claim to the murder. But the timing is interesting."

*





"Yes... yes it is. If I never have to deal with another Daedra Prince again as long as I live it will be far too soon.

Aricyn found the queen, tending to the wounded, but not before he had spoken with the head of the Armigers onboard. It was made very clear to him that from now on, activity on board the Incarnate's ship should be a bit more... supervised.

"My Lady," he said to the queen, keeping her secret, "I would like to talk to you privately about this... tragedy, if you don't mind."

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 05:17 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 12 2005, 10:59 PM)

Loranna gives Arynel a knowing glance, before nodding to Faril and saying "Thank you dear."

Loranna uses her healing powers as Incarnate to help with the non-magical healing others have provided, smiling gently and offering a few whispered words of encouragement as she does.

*





Elysana smiles in Loranna's direction. Well, that's practical. So, she isn't completely a figurehead, she thinks.


QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 12 2005, 10:59 PM)

"My Lady," he said to the queen, keeping her secret, "I would like to talk to you privately about this... tragedy, if you don't mind."

*





"Yes," said the Queen, rising. "I don't know how much more I can do here anyhow."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 05:20 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 12 2005, 11:07 PM)

Elysana smiles in Loranna's direction. Well, that's practical.  So, she isn't completely a figurehead, she thinks.

*





Loranna notes Elysana's attention and looks up; her expression is almost completely different from the one she held the first time they met.

" ... Your help here is appreciated, my Lady," she says for Eysana's ears, giving her a soft smile.

Noting Aricyn, Loranna lets him and Elysana talk.


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 05:24 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 12 2005, 11:07 PM)

Elysana smiles in Loranna's direction. Well, that's practical.  So, she isn't completely a figurehead, she thinks.
"Yes," said the Queen, rising. "I don't know how much more I can do here anyhow."

*




Aricyn led her and Allerleirauh to the one cabin that the ship possessed. With Loranna on-deck and Jazbet rescuing the unfortunate, it was now empty.

He closed the door, and the old wolf stayed outside, watching.

"Liris was your man, I believe," started Aricyn.

"The rope that held that yardarm is missing entirely. I suppose that whoever did this thought that that would be less conspicuous than one that was neatly cut.

"I wondered if you had any insights on the matter that we might not have... access to."

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 05:25 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 12 2005, 11:10 PM)

" ... Your help here is appreciated, my Lady," she says for Eysana's ears, giving her a soft smile.

*





"I wish I could do more," says the Queen, and goes to Aricyn.


QUOTE

"I wondered if you had any insights on the matter that we might not have... access to."



"I have barely had a moment to gather any sight, let alone insight," says Elysana. "I directed an investigation as well, but it seems you are ahead of me. So, it was a murder ..."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 05:28 AM

With the injured now well tended to, and with little else to do this moment, Loranna stares back off into the night sky, thinking.

... So do I, she thinks in response to Elysana's last comment.


Posted by: Teleran Jan 13 2005, 05:36 AM

Teleran left the group moving the mast and looked toward Vivec, 'who are those people, the tatooed ones. What do they want with Loranna? Well, this ship won't start moving again for an hour or so. Guess I'll have to swim, too bad I ran out of potions.' He walked around the ship searching for a swift swim potion but failed to find any. He sighed softly. 'Guess I'll have to do this without magical aid.' He dove off the side and started swimming toward Vivec, the slaughterfish nipping at his heels. 'I come,' he thought, trying to get the message to the tatooed ones.

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 05:41 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 12 2005, 11:15 PM)

"I have barely had a moment to gather any sight, let alone insight," says Elysana. "I directed an investigation as well, but it seems you are ahead of me.  So, it was a murder ..."

*




"That, or it holds a place in history for the most freak accident in the history of sailing.

"None of us wanted Liris dead. As a matter of fact, I was rather fond of him, personally. I have a funny feeling that any enemies he might have made would be due to his service to you.

"This concerns me, because... well, I don't like people dying unless I'm the one who did it," he said with a small smile. "Things like this tend to make the Incarnate look a bit less than 'on top of things'

"Could you tell me what, exactly, Liris was supposed to be doing, and who might've been unhappy with him?"

Posted by: w0nders Jan 13 2005, 05:42 AM

QUOTE(Teleran @ Jan 12 2005, 11:26 PM)

Teleran left the group moving the mast and looked toward Vivec, 'who are those people, the tatooed ones. What do they want with Loranna? Well, this ship won't start moving again for an hour or so. Guess I'll have to swim, too bad I ran out of potions.' He walked around the ship searching for a swift swim potion but failed to find any. He sighed softly. 'Guess I'll have to do this without magical aid.' He dove off the side and started swimming toward Vivec, the slaughterfish nipping at his heels. 'I come,' he thought, trying to get the message to the tatooed ones.

*





Vivec, Foreign Quater-

"I should see how that Teleran is doing..." muttered Inzoliah, slipping away from the group and looking over the edge of a railing, she squinted into the distance and began to slowly hone her thoughts, just as she did this she heard a loud I come... throughout her head.

"He's on his way back..." she muttered, returning to her group of assorted figures.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 05:51 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 12 2005, 11:31 PM)

"That, or it holds a place in history for the most freak accident in the history of sailing.

"None of us wanted Liris dead. As a matter of fact, I was rather fond of him, personally. I have a funny feeling that any enemies he might have made would be due to his service to you.

"This concerns me, because... well, I don't like people dying unless I'm the one who did it," he said with a small smile. "Things like this tend to make the Incarnate look a bit less than 'on top of things'

"Could you tell me what, exactly, Liris was supposed to be doing, and who might've been unhappy with him?"

*





"Your 'funny feeling' notwithstanding," Elysana said. "There are many possibilities. The cutting of the sail may have been sabotage to delay our arrival to Vivec, and Liris's death still an accident. He might have been killed by someone wanting an official in Loranna's group dead. But why him, and not you?

"He was an ambitious man, in good and potentially negative ways. No one like that is entirely beloved by all. His assignment from me was simple. Keep an eye on Loranna. Try to keep her following strong and well-protected. That by itself would be no reason for an assassination.

"My enemies and yours are well-known. Helseth is the most obvious one."


Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 05:53 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 12 2005, 10:41 PM)

"Your 'funny feeling' notwithstanding," Elysana said. "There are many possibilities.  The cutting of the sail may have been sabotage to delay our arrival to Vivec, and Liris's death still an accident.  He might have been killed by someone wanting an official in Loranna's group dead.  But why him, and not you?

"He was an ambitious man, in good and potentially negative ways.  No one like that is entirely beloved by all.  His assignment from me was simple.  Keep an eye on Loranna.  Try to keep her following strong and well-protected.  That by itself would be no reason for an assassination.

"My enemies and yours are well-known.  Helseth is the most obvious one."

*




"Your majesty," Allerleirauh said, with a slight bow, "I can't help but notice that a number of your people have left the ship. Are all of them accounted for?"

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 05:59 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 11:43 PM)

"Your majesty,"  Allerleirauh said, with a slight bow, "I can't help but notice that a number of your people have left the ship. Are all of them accounted for?"

*





"I was just speaking to Liris about that earlier and he was investigating it," said Elysana. "They seemed to have simply vanished. No one has seen a thing. One would think that if they were defecting or running away, they would have waited until we got to Vivec. Only a very desperate man would literally jump ship.

"No, their disapperance was surprising, but not yet alarming. The death and presumed murder of Liris changes things considerably."

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 06:03 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 12 2005, 10:49 PM)

"I was just speaking to Liris about that earlier and he was investigating it," said Elysana. "They seemed to have simply vanished.  No one has seen a thing.  One would think that if they were defecting or running away, they would have waited until we got to Vivec.  Only a very desperate man would literally jump ship."

*




"That's disturbing," Allerleirauh said, in a tone of voice that indicated she wasn't particularly disturbed. "My guess would have been that you had sent them ahead using magic to take them to the cult shrine in the Foreign Quarter. Perhaps that's how they left, in any case. Unless we have a stealthy assassin, as well as the one with the flair for dramatics."

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 06:04 AM

Arynel wove his hands, and a lute appeared in his arms. The Breton began to play a tune, with a bit of magicka interwound.

When bitter be the wind that blows
And sour is the food to taste
Then I think it time to go
And make a tune to ease the strain
Someday taverns will fill with song
Of tragedy at sea
But 'til then I think it best
To let be as and is and get some rest...


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 06:06 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 11:53 PM)

"That's disturbing,"  Allerleirauh said, in a tone of voice that indicated she wasn't particularly disturbed. "My guess would have been that you had sent them ahead using magic to take them to the cult shrine in the Foreign Quarter. Perhaps that's how they left, in any case. Unless we have a stealthy assassin, as well as the one with the flair for dramatics."

*





"That is true, I had forgotten about those Almsivi scrolls everyone around here seems to have," the Queen nodded. "The solution to the mystery may be found in Vivec. As for myself, like I said, I am conducting my own investigation, but the simplest explanation would be that whoever was responsible for the disappearance of the other soldiers killed Liris before he got too close to the answer."


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 06:06 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 11:53 PM)

"That's disturbing,"  Allerleirauh said, in a tone of voice that indicated she wasn't particularly disturbed. "My guess would have been that you had sent them ahead using magic to take them to the cult shrine in the Foreign Quarter. Perhaps that's how they left, in any case. Unless we have a stealthy assassin, as well as the one with the flair for dramatics."

*




Aricyn smiled. He thought to himself that this was starting to sound like an interrogation, which wasn't exactly his intention, but not a bad thing.

He was certain there were quite a few things the queen wasn't sharing.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 06:07 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 12 2005, 11:54 PM)

Arynel wove his hands, and a lute appeared in his arms.  The Breton began to play a tune, with a bit of magicka interwound.

When bitter be the wind that blows
And sour is the food to taste
Then I think it time to go
And make a tune to ease the strain
Someday taverns will fill with song
Of tragedy at sea
But 'til then I think it best
To let be as and is and get some rest...

*





Loranna looks over at Arynel and smiles softly; his singing voice was always pleasant to hear.

Plaacing a hand on her belly, Loranna begins humming snatches of Allie's song again, hoping Sen-Yedda likes the music and the singing.


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 06:10 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 12 2005, 11:56 PM)

Aricyn smiled. He thought to himself that this was starting to sound like an interrogation, which wasn't exactly his intention, but not a bad thing.

He was certain there were quite a few things the queen wasn't sharing.

*





If Aricyn thought Elysana was being interrogated, she certainly didn't act like she was. She looked serious but not guilty. Not that she had a guilty look anyhow ...




Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 06:12 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 12 2005, 11:56 PM)

"That is true, I had forgotten about those Almsivi scrolls everyone around here seems to have," the Queen nodded. "The solution to the mystery may be found in Vivec.  As for myself, like I said, I am conducting my own investigation, but the simplest explanation would be that whoever was responsible for the disappearance of the other soldiers killed Liris before he got too close to the answer."

*




"Well," Aricyn said with a slight bow, "I'm sure you'll keep us informed if you learn anything new. Again, I'm sorry to have lost Liris.

"If you'll excuse me, I should make sure we're going to be underway anytime this week."

He bowed again, and left the queen and Allerleirauh alone.

Posted by: Celezar Jan 13 2005, 06:13 AM

*The foul apparitions appeared once more, this time somwhere more close to the people whom they watched so intently*

"To watch life is to expire in agony once more, so wicked the melody, yet so sweet the touch. Oh, to be alive again, to have been used as son and not beast. Oh, to be joyus again, to have woe be our darkest fear and youth be our greatest momment."

*The gruesome pair glided around the perimeter of the deck, the scattered lamps occasionaly washing them in orange light and casting cruel shadows upon their wicked forms as they weaved through supply crates effortlessly, observing that which they once knew*

"Aaaaaagonyyyyy....."

*Father Elidras hissed*

"Oh, woe is us! Oh, cruel brother, to cast us out into such miserable forms. So sweet it will be, to play on your greed, and drink the pitiful tears that drop from your dying face."

OOC: In case you were wondering, these monsters are NOT meant to be seen, as far as all of you are concerned, they are hidden...

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 06:14 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 12:02 AM)

"Well," Aricyn said with a slight bow, "I'm sure you'll keep us informed if you learn anything new. Again, I'm sorry to have lost Liris.

"If you'll excuse me, I should make sure we're going to be underway anytime this week."

He bowed again, and left the queen and Allerleirauh alone.

*





"I am certain I can expect the same favor in return," the Queen said. "I have a feeling that my idea for just punishment will be different from yours ... But we will deal with that issue when it comes up."


Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 06:15 AM

Allerleirauh was more than aware that Elysana had no expression of guilt. In fact, if Elysana had looked guilty, she would have wondered what she was up to.

"Your majesty, given the current situation, it might be wise for your men to keep an eye on each other," she said. "I suppose we'd better let Loranna have her cabin back. I can't say I'm sorry to have lost Liris; he was a nasty, small-minded and ambitious man, and his death was very dramatic. But I'd prefer not to lose anyone else."

She bowed, holding the door open for the Queen of Wayrest.

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 06:53 AM

QUOTE(Celezar @ Jan 12 2005, 10:03 PM)

*The foul apparitions appeared once more, this time somwhere more close to the people whom they watched so intently*

"To watch life is to expire in agony once more, so wicked the melody, yet so sweet the touch.  Oh, to be alive again, to have been used as son and not beast.  Oh, to be joyus again, to have woe be our darkest fear and youth be our greatest momment."

*The gruesome pair glided around the perimeter of the deck, the scattered lamps occasionaly washing them in orange light and casting cruel shadows upon their wicked forms as they weaved in and out of sight, observing that which they once knew*

"Aaaaaagonyyyyy....."

*Father Elidras hissed*

"Oh, woe is us!  Oh, cruel brother, to cast us out into such miserable forms.  So sweet it will be, to play on your greed, and drink the pitiful tears that drop from your dying face."

*





Arynel's eyes popped open as he eyed the gruesome duo hovering around the perimeter of the ship.

"What is this?" The Breton inquired. "I care not what it is, only that it leaves us be."

Arynel threw forth his arms, and a green paralysis spell came forth and hurled towards the two forms.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 07:00 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 12:43 AM)

Arynel's eyes popped open as he eyed the gruesome duo hovering around the perimeter of the ship.

"What is this?"  The Breton inquired.  "I care not what it is, only that it leaves us be."

Arynel threw forth his arms, and a green paralysis spell came forth and hurled towards the two forms.

*





Loranna blinks in surprise at the sight of the monsters, and adds a telekenetic shove to hopefully push them off the boat to Arynel's spell attack.


Posted by: Celezar Jan 13 2005, 07:02 AM

*The creatures sank into the murky waters, both of them howling through the mists which hung over the black seas, a horrible sound to behold. But strangely, it seemed as though they had not so much sunk as vanished, gone into thin air like the mist itself*

Posted by: Celezar Jan 13 2005, 07:16 AM

*Celezar lifts his head, hearing the shrill cries of the monsters, he shudders*

"These puppets arent the safe sort, love, let us leave this wretched place."

"Indeed, I concur that this place was never quite the vaccation spot I was looking for..."

*The meat mount forms into a large spider-like throne, which proceeds to extend its legs to the hull of the closest ship, where it then scampers into the waters, swimming off and hiding Celezar from harm. Those who listen can clearly hear him scream*

"Bon voyage!"

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 07:21 AM

Arynel shook his head.

"Joyful is the day where this path my feet no longer tred..."

The Breton huffed and sat down.

"Wonderous is the time when this string has found it's end..."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 07:23 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 01:11 AM)

Arynel shook his head.

"Joyful is the day where this path my feet no longer trod..."

The Breton huffed and sat down.

"Wonderous is the time when this string has found it's end..."

*





Loranna walks up to Arynel and says " ... My thoughts exactly ..."

Sighing, she heads to see if her cabin is still being used.


Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 07:30 AM

Allerleirauh emerged from the cabin, and noticed Arynel. She made her way over to him.

"We had an interesting episode while you were gone," she said. "Assuming you were gone, and not just invisible. Lord Liris is quite a bit flatter than he used to be. Probably just as well you missed it. And sweet Queen Elysana has no idea why her men keep disappearing."

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 07:32 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 11:20 PM)

Allerleirauh emerged from the cabin, and noticed Arynel.  She made her way over to him.

"We had an interesting episode while you were gone," she said. "Assuming you were gone, and not just invisible. Lord Liris is quite a bit flatter than he used to be. Probably just as well you missed it. And sweet Queen Elysana has no idea why her men keep disappearing."

*





Arynel looks up at Allerleirauh.

"I have heard some of what has happened, including the news concerning Liris." The Breton said. "I know not why Elysana's men are disappearing, in fact I have not heard the news until now. Tell me, do you have any theories on why this would be?"

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 12:22 AM)

Arynel looks up at Allerleirauh.

"I have heard some of what has happened, including the news concerning Liris."  The Breton said.  "I know not why Elysana's men are disappearing, in fact I have not heard the news until now.  Tell me, do you have any theories on why this would be?"

*




"My guess would be she's sending them ahead and lying about it with a perfectly straight face. At least, I hope that's the case. Otherwise I'd have to contemplate that people were being sucked dry by the Void Vampire, and if she can attack us over water, on a moving vessel, I don't want to know about it. Where were you?"

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 13 2005, 01:20 AM)

Allerleirauh emerged from the cabin, and noticed Arynel.  She made her way over to him.

"We had an interesting episode while you were gone," she said. "Assuming you were gone, and not just invisible. Lord Liris is quite a bit flatter than he used to be. Probably just as well you missed it. And sweet Queen Elysana has no idea why her men keep disappearing."

*





It was an ugly, ungainly, and unstable thing, but a sail it was nevertheless.

"It catches wind," said Jazbet. "That's the important thing. I'll show you men a hidden cask of wine ..."

He passed Allerleirauh, Arynel, and Loranna with his crowd, gave them a wink, "Well, we're moving."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 01:22 AM)

Arynel looks up at Allerleirauh.

"I have heard some of what has happened, including the news concerning Liris."  The Breton said.  "I know not why Elysana's men are disappearing, in fact I have not heard the news until now.  Tell me, do you have any theories on why this would be?"

*





Loranna nods to Allie as she passes, and looks over to see Allie and Arynel conversing.

She pauses for a moment, wondering if she should ask what they're talking about, intentionally keeping her thoughts to herself for now.

After her momentary pause, however, she goes to look for Aricyn, winking back at Jazbet with a small, semi-sad smile.


Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 07:36 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 11:25 PM)

"My guess would be she's sending them ahead any lying about it with a perfectly straight face. At least, I hope that's the case. Otherwise I'd have to contemplate that people were being sucked dry by the Void Vampire, and if she can attack us over water, on a moving vessel, I don't want to know about it. Where were you?"

*





"Her..." Arynel says, his voice fading off...

The Breton shakes his head, and turns his attention to Allerleirauh.

"I spoke to Helseth, in Ebonheart."

Posted by: Teleran Jan 13 2005, 07:42 AM

'Note to self, never decide to swim from ship to shore without magical assistance again. It is way too far,' Teleran thought wryly. Then turning his thoughts toward Inzoliah, 'I will be with you shortly.'

Teleran headed to meet with her, but stopped by at the alchemists shortly to obtain a restore fatigue potion, which he drained. A few minutes later he wlked into them, in the exact same spot they had been standing when he left them. "Hello again," he said with forced cheeriness, "Lovely weather today, isn't it?"

Posted by: w0nders Jan 13 2005, 07:44 AM

QUOTE(Teleran @ Jan 13 2005, 01:32 AM)

'Note to self, never decide to swim from ship to shore without magical assistance again. It is way too far,' Teleran thought wryly. Then turning his thoughts toward Inzoliah, 'I will be with you shortly.'

Teleran headed to meet with her, but stopped by at the alchemists shortly to obtain a restore fatigue potion, which he drained. A few minutes later he wlked into them, in the exact same spot they had been standing when he left them. "Hello again," he said with forced cheeriness, "Lovely weather today, isn't it?"

*





Inzoliah turns to face Teleran, she looked him over quickly then said "What have you learned of the Incarnates plans?" She waited for an answer.

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 07:46 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 12:26 AM)

"Her..."  Arynel says, his voice fading off...

The Breton shakes his head, and turns his attention to Allerleirauh.

"I spoke to Helseth, in Ebonheart."

*




Allerleirauh's eyes went wide; she took Arynel's arm and steered him to the quarterdeck.

"No one's up here, everyone's terrified of getting flattened. Well, I guess you hadn't amazed me lately, so you needed to renew your credentials. You did what? What did he say?"

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 07:49 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 01:25 AM)

After her momentary pause, however, she goes to look for Aricyn, winking back at Jazbet with a small, semi-sad smile.

*





Don't be said, love. Jazbet said, looking back. Remember to find your strength ... and I hope you don't mind me rewarding these men with the wine. There's more to be had from Lord Gaor's supplies in Ebonheart ...


Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 07:50 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 11:36 PM)

Allerleirauh's eyes went wide;  she took Arynel's arm and steered him to the quarterdeck.

"No one's up here, everyone's terrified of getting flattened. Well, I guess you hadn't amazed me lately, so you needed to renew your credentials. You did what?  What did he say?"

*





"If I was trying to amaze you, I would be most disappointed at my failures, and yet you see that I am not." Arynel said smiling.

"Yes, I spoke to Helseth." The Breton continued, his expression turning serious. "I do not wish for any more damage to be done, or lives to be lost, if it can be avoided. I spoke with him of Loranna, in hopes that our arrival in Vivec would not be welcomed by soldiers, be they Dunmer are Imperial."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 07:55 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 01:39 AM)

Don't be said, love. Jazbet said, looking back. Remember to find your strength ... and I hope you don't mind me rewarding these men with the wine.  There's more to be had from Lord Gaor's supplies in Ebonheart ...

*





The wine is fine; the men deserve something for their troubles today, Loranna says quietly. ... My mind's just on matters both personal and global.

... Vivec may be an even bigger party than I thought; the
Golden Road left a card.

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 07:55 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 12:40 AM)

"If I was trying to amaze you, I would be most disappointed at my failures, and yet you see that I am not."  Arynel said smiling.

"Yes, I spoke to Helseth."  The Breton continued, his expression turning serious.  "I do not wish for any more damage to be done, or lives to be lost, if it can be avoided.  I spoke with him of Loranna, in hopes that our arrival in Vivec would not be welcomed by soldiers, be they Dunmer are Imperial."

*




"You're a gentler soul than I, which is probably a good thing for us all," Allerleirauh said. "Well, what did he say?"

Posted by: Teleran Jan 13 2005, 07:58 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 12 2005, 09:34 PM)

Inzoliah turns to face Teleran, she looked him over quickly then said "What have you learned of the Incarnates plans?" She waited for an answer.

*




"Straight to the point, eh?" said Teleran, "Well, I wouldn't get your hopes up for them arriving anytime soon. The yardarm fell to the deck and they were still repairing it when I left. Other than that they're heading here, but you know that already." Pausing he shifts his gaze to the Nord, "You, do you perchance wield a flaming whip in battle?"

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 11:45 PM)

"You're a gentler soul than I, which is probably a good thing for us all,"  Allerleirauh said. "Well, what did he say?"

*





Arynel was silent for a moment, scratching his chin.

"He seemed to agree with me, actually." The Breton said. "I was quite suprised, but he claimed he was not going to use force unless it became necessary, and seemed to imply that it was not that time yet. Perhaps he was decieving me, but I do not think so."

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 08:00 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 01:25 AM)

After her momentary pause, however, she goes to look for Aricyn, winking back at Jazbet with a small, semi-sad smile.

*




Aricyn stood on the deck, again discussing the recent incident with the captain. He was laughing and the captain looked just a bit uncomfortable.

Seeing Loranna approach, he excused himself and met her.

"Everything's fine. We haven't even lost that much time. It'll be a bit slower going with the makeshift sail, but we'll manage."

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 08:00 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 12:48 AM)

Arynel was silent for a moment, scratching his chin.

"He seemed to agree with me, actually."  The Breton said.  "I was quite suprised, but he claimed he was not going to use force unless it became necessary, and seemed to imply that it was not that time yet.  Perhaps he was decieving me, but I do not think so."

*




"I see no reason Helseth would go the trouble of deceiving a small brown-haired stranger," she said, smiling. "The Helseth I used to know jumped at shadows, but usually the wrong shadows. So, is the welcoming party Elysana warned me of a myth, then?"

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:01 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 01:50 AM)

Aricyn stood on the deck, again discussing the recent incident with the captain. He was laughing and the captain looked just a bit uncomfortable.

Seeing Loranna approach, he excused himself and met her.

"Everything's fine. We haven't even lost that much time. It'll be a bit slower going with the makeshift sail, but we'll manage."

*





"That's good to know," Loranna says with a small smile.

Lowering her tone a little, she asks " ... And your meeting with the Lady Farrine? Did that provide more answers than questions, or more questions than answers?"


Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 08:02 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 11:50 PM)

"I see no reason Helseth would go the trouble of deceiving a small brown-haired stranger,"  she said, smiling. "The Helseth I used to know jumped at shadows, but usually the wrong shadows. So, is the welcoming party Elysana warned me of a myth, then?"

*





"It seems that way," Arynel said, "unless Helseth is not the only one planning a welcome, which is possible, although I know not who would have both the resources, and an interest in Morrowind itself."

The Breton opened his mouth as if to say something, but then snapped it shut again.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 08:03 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 01:45 AM)

The wine is fine; the men deserve something for their troubles today, Loranna says quietly. ... My mind's just on matters both personal and global.

... Vivec may be an even bigger party than I thought; the
Golden Road left a card.

*





Jazbet was out of Loranna's sight now, filling mugs for the men who helped raised the sail, but he kept his mind linked to hers ... though he still had not mastered the art of having a mental conversation while thinking about what he was doing too ...

A card? From Sheog -- From Him? Well, that sounds ... friendly, I guess ... Oh, oops, on the floor, sorry I'll get you another mug ... You expected something from Him if I recall ... Hey, let the little guy through -- he climbed the sail and hooked it up ... Do you think, um, 'He' is angry?


Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 08:05 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 12:52 AM)

"It seems that way," Arynel said, "unless Helseth is not the only one planning a welcome, which is possible, although I know not who would have both the resources, and an interest in Morrowind itself."

The Breton opened his mouth as if to say something, but then snapped it shut again.

*




"Whisper it to me," she said. "Unless it's such that it should not even be thought."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:06 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 01:53 AM)

Jazbet was out of Loranna's sight now, filling mugs for the men who helped raised the sail, but he kept his mind linked to hers ... though he still had not mastered the art of having a mental conversation while thinking about what he was doing too ...

A card?  From Sheog -- From Him?  Well, that sounds ... friendly, I guess ... Oh, oops, on the floor, sorry I'll get you another mug ... You expected something from Him if I recall ... Hey, let the little guy through -- he climbed the sail and hooked it up ... Do you think, um, 'He' is angry?

*





The message was that he doesn't care with whom I dance, but the last waltz is his, she tells Jazbet.

... Um, maybe I should let you keep your wine in your mug, she says, her tone suggesting bemused chagrin.


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 08:06 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 01:51 AM)

"That's good to know," Loranna says with a small smile.

Lowering her tone a little, she asks " ... And your meeting with the Lady Farrine?  Did that provide more answers than questions, or more questions than answers?"

*




"It makes me wish I had your talents. Although they don't seem to work on her for some reason. Or Liris, either, for that matter, which is why I've taken the liberty of keeping the body safe. I want somebody that knows about these things to look him over and see if there's a solid reason you didn't know about the queen's visit before I did.

"Liris was her man, of course, that was made obvious in Suran, but she says the most likely culprit for his muder would be Helseth, which seems odd to me.

"I'll be keeping my ears open for awhile."

Posted by: w0nders Jan 13 2005, 08:07 AM

QUOTE(Teleran @ Jan 13 2005, 01:48 AM)

"Straight to the point, eh?" said Teleran, "Well, I wouldn't get your hopes up for them arriving anytime soon. The yardarm fell to the deck and they were still repairing it when I left. Other than that they're heading here, but you know that already." Pausing he shifts his gaze to the Nord, "You, do you perchance wield a flaming whip in battle?"

*





He's been utterly useless...what a waste, it would of been more effective if we sent one of our own... She thought to herself, still eyeing Teleran.

The nord turned to Teleran and blurted out "I wield many implements of flame in battle, so? what's it to you?" Many thoughts were swimming through Brums' mind How could he of possibly think of such a precise question? unless...yes....he must of...

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:08 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 01:56 AM)

"It makes me wish I had your talents. Although they don't seem to work on her for some reason. Or Liris, either, for that matter, which is why I've taken the liberty of keeping the body safe. I want somebody that knows about these things to look him over and see if there's a solid reason you didn't know about the queen's visit before I did.

"Liris was her man, of course, that was made obvious in Suran, but she says  the most likely culprit for his muder would be Helseth, which seems odd to me.

"I'll be keeping my ears open for awhile."

*





Loranna sighs. " ... For all we know the
Golden Road may have had some play in this - not directly but just by touching the culprit. But you're right and so will I ... and thank you for keeping the body. Something else I should learn to think of ahead of time next time."

Loranna frowns, feeling like she's missing something.


Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 08:08 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 12 2005, 11:55 PM)

"Whisper it to me,"  she said. "Unless it's such that it should not even be thought."

*





Arynel's mouth instinctively stretched into a smile.

"No, I have no secrets." The Breton said. "I only think it a pity..."

His voice fades out.

"I'm sorry, what I mean to say, or ask rather, is how are you?"

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 08:11 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 01:56 AM)

The message was that he doesn't care with whom I dance, but the last waltz is his, she tells Jazbet.

... Um, maybe I should let you keep your wine in your mug, she says, her tone suggesting bemused chagrin.

*





I don't know the ways of the daedra very well, until recently, but a waltz with the Mad One sounds ... Hey, hey, that's your fourth mug, buddy, why don't you savor a little ... Rajhin, these guys can drink ... Um, um, well, I'm quite out of my depths on that subject, my love.


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 08:12 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 01:58 AM)

Loranna sighs.  " ... For all we know the Golden Road may have had some play in this - not directly but just by touching the culprit.  But you're right and so will I ... and thank you for keeping the body.  Something else I should learn to think of ahead of time next time."

*




"Even with the Mad God hovering over our every step," Aricyn said, "I hesitate to write things off to madness too quickly. It seems even the Dog himself has his reasons for doing things.

"We'll see. In any case, it's only one man, and he wasn't quite as loyal as I took him for, anyway. It might not matter much in the long run."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:14 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 02:01 AM)

I don't know the ways of the daedra very well, until recently, but a waltz with the Mad One sounds ... Hey, hey, that's your fourth mug, buddy, why don't you savor a little ... Rajhin, these guys can drink ... Um, um, well, I'm quite out of my depths on that subject, my love.

*





... Let's not worry about it now, she tells Jazbet. Things will happen as they will - and right now that includes you and your friends not spilling that wine all over the place.

Her tone suggests a grin.


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 08:16 AM

Elysana conferred with Lord Faril. When they landed in Vivec, they would take the men aside and tell them about Liris. Then there would be a head count. It was important to be organized, whatever the next step would be.

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 08:16 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 12:58 AM)

Arynel's mouth instinctively stretched into a smile.

"No, I have no secrets."  The Breton said.  "I only think it a pity..."

His voice fades out.

"I'm sorry, what I mean to say, or ask rather, is how are you?"

*




"Missing you," she said, deliberately being flippant. "On such a romantic sea journey as this one. With Loranna making love with everyone, all the time... I've been quite lonely."

She grinned.

"I shouldn't be catty. Cattiness is a sign of old age. Besides, it has been a pleasant voyage, despite occasional leering monsters and the need to swab blood off the deck. Some day, little heart, let me take you on a proper sea voyage, up north, with a wizard to break the ice before you as you go, and a wind in your pocket."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:18 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 02:02 AM)

"Even with the Mad God hovering over our every step," Aricyn said, "I hesitate to write things off to madness too quickly. It seems even the Dog himself has his reasons for doing things.

"We'll see. In any case, it's only one man, and he wasn't quite as loyal as I took him for, anyway. It might not matter much in the long run."

*





Loranna shrugs. "You're probably right on both counts," she says.

" ... Well then, until we find someone with a Detect Enchantment spell to wave over his body," she adds, " ... guess there's not too much more we can do on this, other than wait and keep our ears open like you said."

" ... There anything else that's come up that you think is going to be an issue?" she asks.


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 08:18 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 02:04 AM)

... Let's not worry about it now, she tells Jazbet.  Things will happen as they will - and right now that includes you and your friends not spilling that wine all over the place. 

Her tone suggests a grin.

*





Broken sail, spilled wine ... I doubt the
Temple will trust us with their vessels again ... Oh, for Rajhin's sake, man, keep your clothes on. No one needs to see that.


Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:20 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 02:08 AM)

Broken sail, spilled wine ... I doubt the Temple will trust us with their vessels again ... Oh, for Rajhin's sake, man, keep your clothes on.  No one needs to see that.

*





Least of all me, hun, Loranna says with a mental raised eyebrow. She fights to keep her grin from showing on her face.



Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 08:21 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 13 2005, 12:06 AM)

"Missing you,"  she said, deliberately being flippant. "On such a romantic sea journey as this one. With Loranna making love with everyone, all the time... I've been quite lonely."

She grinned.

"I shouldn't be catty. Cattiness is a sign of old age. Besides, it has been a pleasant voyage, despite occasional leering monsters and the need to swab blood off the deck. Some day, little heart, let me take you on a proper sea voyage, up north, with a wizard to break the ice before you as you go, and a wind in your pocket."

*





The Breton's lips twisted into a smile a second time.

"That would be most wonderful." Arynel said. "And beneath the broken ice, no doubt, will be a crystal sea, reflecting the stars as they dance to a serenade of twilight hours, and a song of embers glowing on the hearth."

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 08:21 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 02:08 AM)

Loranna shrugs.  "You're probably right on both counts," she says.

" ... Well then, until we find someone with a Detect Enchantment spell to wave over his body," she adds, " ... guess there's not too much more we can do on this, other than wait and keep our ears open like you said."

" ... There anything else that's come up that you think is going to be an issue?" she asks.

*




'Yes, your public sex life', Aricyn thinks, happily alone in his mind.

"Nothing new," he says outloud. "I'm sure our trip to Vivec will be exactly what we expect."

He smiled.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 02:11 AM)

'Yes, your public sex life', Aricyn thinks, happily alone in his mind.

"Nothing new," he says outloud. "I'm sure our trip to Vivec will be exactly what we expect."

He smiled.

*





Loranna frowns. "So you're going to eviserate me with the Moon Riever, Arynel's going to blast my soul through the Wheel and back, Allie's going to personly toss Azura back to Oblivion in a pig's stomach, Helseth's going to kill everyone until you open your mouth to yell at him, the Golden Road's going to recite poetry, and the Empire is going to be in trouble all because of me?"

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 02:10 AM)

Least of all me, hun, Loranna says with a mental raised eyebrow.  She fights to keep her grin from showing on her face.

*





Can you ... actually see through my eyes? If so, I apologize -- I'll look at one of the more handsome of the naked drunken soldiers if you'd like ...


Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 01:11 AM)

The Breton's lips twisted into a smile a second time.

"That would be most wonderful."  Arynel said.  "And beneath the broken ice, no doubt, will be a crystal sea, reflecting the stars as they dance to a serenade of twilight hours, and a song of embers glowing on the hearth."

*




"No hearth on a Nord ship, are you mad? No, the way to stay warm on such a voyage is to find a snowskinned maiden and a bearskin blanket. But you can sing of embers, crazy boy, and I'll gladly listen."

She cocked her head. "I hope Jazbet has as much of a gift for subduing drunken sailors as he has for seducing pregnant goddesses."

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 08:27 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 02:14 AM)

Loranna frowns.  "So you're going to eviserate me with the Moon Riever, Arynel's going to blast my soul through the Wheel and back, Allie's going to persoannly toss Azura back to Oblivion in a pig's stomach, Helseth's going to kill everyone until you open your mouth to yell at him, the Golden Road's going to recite poetry, and the Empire is going to be in trouble all because of me?"

*




"Hopefully things will go a bit better than that."

He smiled again, warmly.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:27 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 02:14 AM)

Can you ... actually see through my eyes?  If so, I apologize -- I'll look at one of the more handsome of the naked drunken soldiers if you'd like ...

*





I haven't tried that yet and have no plans to anytime in the immediate future,
Loranna tells Jazbet. I imagine that would be very odd for both of us.

Now stop being such a silly kitty and keep them men happy and out of trouble,
she adds with a giggle. We may have more visitors later.


Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 02:17 AM)

"Hopefully things will go a bit better than that."

He smiled again, warmly.

*





Loranna looks at Aricyn for a few seconds, then a soft smile slowly comes to her face.

" ... That was actually a joke," she says to him.


Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 13 2005, 12:14 AM)

"No hearth on a ship, are you mad?  No, the way to stay warm on such a voyage is to find a snowskinned maiden and a bearskin blanket. But you can sing of embers, crazy boy, and I'll gladly listen."

She cocked her head. "I hope Jazbet has as much of a gift for subduing drunken sailors as he has for seducing pregnant goddesses."

*





Arynel's mouth instinctively turns up into a smile, but he quickly douses it, and displays instead a rather vacant expression.

"We will see, if that is where the road goes, or if not, I do not know..."

The Breton turns his attention towards Jazbet, shakes his head sheepishly, but does not reply.



Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 08:31 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 02:19 AM)

Loranna looks at Aricyn for a few seconds, then a soft smile slowly comes to her face.

" ... That was actually a joke," she says to him.

*





"I know," he said. "I'm not a fool."

"Now, I think it would be a good thing if you gave a little announcement to the sailors, telling them how wonderfully they handled this latest crisis," he said, holding out his arm for her.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:33 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 02:21 AM)

"I know," he said. "I'm not a fool."

"Now, I think it would be a good thing if you gave a little announcement to the sailors, telling them how wonderfully they handled this latest crisis," he said, holding out his arm for her.

*





Loranna gives a rueful smile. " ... Someday, I will learn how to get things right, and then hopefully start fixing the messes I'm making ..." she says, taking Aricyn's arm.

"Let's go," she tells him.


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 08:36 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 02:17 AM)


I haven't tried that yet and have no plans to anytime in the immediate future,
Loranna tells Jazbet.  I imagine that would be very odd for both of us.

Now stop being such a silly kitty and keep them men happy and out of trouble,
she adds with a giggle.  We may have more visitors later.

*





Well, I couldn't fully recommend the sight before me now, and if you were a barmaid, then I doubt it's anything you haven't, um, seen before -- Hey, guys, put that Bosmer down now! -- but it might be a nice talent to have if you're still serious about allowing yourself to be locked up ... Not to bring that up again ... I'm sorry, love, my mind is currently occupied with trying to keep these guys from dancing on the railings ...


Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 08:36 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 02:26 AM)

Well, I couldn't fully recommend the sight before me now, and if you were a barmaid, then I doubt it's anything you haven't, um, seen before -- Hey, guys, put that Bosmer down now! -- but it might be a nice talent to have if you're still serious about allowing yourself to be locked up ... Not to bring that up again ... I'm sorry, love, my mind is currently occupied with trying to keep these guys from dancing on the railings ...

*





We're coming over to congratulate the men on their fine work today; see if that sobers them up a little, Loranna tells Jazbet.


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 02:26 AM)

We're coming over to congratulate the men on their fine work today; see if that sobers them up a little, Loranna tells Jazbet.

*





Clothes on, boys. No, your own clothes. No, pants below, shirts above ... Um, Loranna, walk slow ...


Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 08:43 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 01:19 AM)

Arynel's mouth instinctively turns up into a smile, but he quickly douses it, and displays instead a rather vacant expression.

"We will see, if that is where the road goes, or if not, I do not know..."

The Breton turns his attention towards Jazbet, shakes his head sheepishly, but does not reply.

*




"Smile again, or I'll punch you in the nose," Allerleirauh said, smiling herself. "Jazbet is right about one thing - life will make you miserable enough without heaping misery on misery. Wait for it, don't anticipate it before the need."

She took his arm.

"If Loranna intends to go down to that lot, I want to see it."

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 08:48 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 13 2005, 12:33 AM)

"Smile again, or I'll punch you in the nose,"  Allerleirauh said, smiling herself. "Jazbet is right about one thing - life will make you miserable enough without heaping misery on misery. Wait for it, don't anticipate it before the need."

She took his arm.

"If Loranna intends to go down to that lot, I want to see it."

*





"I...I." Arynel began to mumble nervously.

The Breton bit his bottom lip.

"Grind me up and turn to butter, play a tune for an arrogant..."

He snapped his mouth shut again, and forced a weak smile. "I would rather not be punched, if that is alright."

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 08:51 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 02:29 AM)

Clothes on, boys.  No, your own clothes.  No, pants below, shirts above ... Um, Loranna, walk slow ...

*





Come on, lads, get it together ... Um, yes, Myricles, if you can't find your pants, best that you get in the barrel ... Just try to stand still and don't talk, and ... Remember, if she is displeased, fire will shoot out of her eyes and incinerate the whole lot of you, so keep your mouths shut ... Sorry, love, snapped there ... I'm just kidding, lads, but don't embarrass me, okay? ...

Well, they're as good as they're gonna be ...



Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 08:54 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 02:41 AM)

Come on, lads, get it together ... Um, yes, Myricles, if you can't find your pants, best that you get in the barrel ... Just try to stand still and don't talk, and ... Remember, if she is displeased, fire will shoot out of her eyes and incinerate the whole lot of you, so keep your mouths shut ... Sorry, love, snapped there ... I'm just kidding, lads, but don't embarrass me, okay? ...

Well, they're as good as they're gonna be ...

*





The hatch opened, and Aricyn's booted feet decended. He looked at the drunken mass of men, wobbling at attention, and smiled.

"Behold! The Incarnate!" he said with a showman's air, and helped Loranna down the steep stairs.

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 13 2005, 08:55 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 13 2005, 01:38 AM)

"I...I."  Arynel began to mumble nervously.

The Breton bit his bottom lip.

"Grind me up and turn to butter, play a tune for an arrogant..."

He snapped his mouth shut again, and forced a weak smile.  "I would rather not be punched, if that is alright."

*




"That's not much better," Allerleirauh said. "You know what that cat calls you? The dour bard. Poor Arynel, I remember when you had not a troubled thought in your head."

Allerleirauh followed Aricyn and Loranna below deck.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 08:58 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 02:44 AM)

"Behold! The Incarnate!" he said with a showman's air, and helped Loranna down the steep stairs.

*





The men swayed, looking at her with half-focused eyes and purple-smeared grins. Jazbet buried his face in his hands, but his giggling could still be heard.

One man bowed awkwardly and his pants fell down.


Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 09:00 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 02:44 AM)

The hatch opened, and Aricyn's booted feet decended. He looked at the drunken mass of men, wobbling at attention, and smiled.

"Behold! The Incarnate!" he said with a showman's air, and helped Loranna down the steep stairs.

*





Loranna desceds the steps with dignity, helped by her slow pace. She steps forward, letting her eyes look over the soldiers standing before her.

" ... You all have perfomed beyond expectation today; your quick reactions and training preventing the disaster from growing worse," she says, keeping her tone even and approving, but still with just a little aloofness to preserve dignity. "You have made me proud of you, and I commend you all for a job well done."

"I hope there need not be any further call for you to display the skills you have this day, but I rest easy knowing that should the situation arise you will meet it as you have today - no matter the time or the place."

"You have all done well and deserve my thanks and praise; may the blessings of the Goddess bring you all health and good fortune," she says, her smile genuine and her eyes carefully kept from twinkling too much.

Somehow, she simply does not notice the purple-smeared faces or the lack of pants ...

Posted by: Arynel Jan 13 2005, 09:00 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 13 2005, 12:45 AM)

"That's not much better,"  Allerleirauh said. "You know what that cat calls you?  The dour bard. Poor Arynel, I remember when you had not a troubled thought in your head."

Allerleirauh followed Aricyn and Loranna below deck.

*





Arynel stood silently, as if ready speak.

The Breton shook his head and sat down.

"What is a flower in a field full? None but what is passed by on the go. What is a song with but a single note? Not of the least interest, joy, or vote."

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 09:02 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 13 2005, 02:50 AM)

Somehow, she simply does not notice the purple-smeared faces or the lack of pants ...

*





"HAIR ARUZA!' They cry.

Jazbet falls weakly to the floor, trying to hold in the laughter.


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 13 2005, 09:09 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 02:52 AM)

"HAIR ARUZA!' They cry.

Jazbet falls weakly to the floor, trying to hold in the laughter.

*




Finding it impossible not to smile, Aricyn assists the pregnant Incarnate back up the tiny stair, shooting Jazbet a wink.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 13 2005, 09:11 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 02:59 AM)

Finding it impossible not to smile, Aricyn assists the pregnant Incarnate back up the tiny stair, shooting Jazbet a wink.

*





Jazbet also recieves a mental hug and a Well done, dear as Loranna leaves.

Once up on the top deck, Loranna takes a deep breath ... and hugs herself, laughing silently.


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 09:11 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 13 2005, 02:59 AM)

Finding it impossible not to smile, Aricyn assists the pregnant Incarnate back up the tiny stair, shooting Jazbet a wink.

*





Jazbet can't wink back, he can only blink, his eyes filled with tears, as he lies on the floor, gasping.

Okay, lads, there better be some wine left for me ... I need it ...



Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 13 2005, 11:01 PM

The sun rose on the cantons of Vivec, now visible on the horizon. The fleet of ships was just an hour or two away from port.

Elysana, Queen of Wayrest, watched from the rails. She had an uneasy night, pondering recent events and the uncertain future.

Posted by: Aki Jan 13 2005, 11:05 PM

Ships...
Reichi meanwhile, lay at the front end of the ship's deck. Carving a crude drawing a Vivec city into the deck, with his Daedric Shortblade. Then the surrounding landmass. Then how the boats could aproach. There was only one dock built for ships of this size in Vivec. Gondola docks could possibly serve as well. They could even pull the ships up to the cantons.

Still, he wondered how they intended to land all this at Vivec.

Hunter Camp

The Camp was slowly being collasped. The Ohmes spy, Rakshada reported the ships were closing. The camp however was still somewhat mantained. But the campfire was doused. Full moonlight was enough light by itself. The huntered geared up and prepared to move out at the first message of the ships docking location.

Posted by: Dracodrakonis Jan 14 2005, 12:29 AM

Ebonheart:

* A courier arrives with a urgent message for Helseth. *


"The Redoran council will listen to your proposal."
"Our representative is already in Vivec."


*The message bears the seals of the Redoran council members*
* The courier waits for a reply *


Posted by: FireMaster Jan 14 2005, 01:28 AM

*Banden Indarys looks about his little settlement at Bal Isra, quite content with what he had done in his House since he had joined nearly seven years ago, and then bringing his home to Bal Isra not long after the Prophecies were fulfilled*

"Much has happened in those seven years, and even more in the past while since Nerevar's incarnation returned then left without reason," Indarys mutters, scanning the wastes along the north-south road between Ald'Ruhn and Mar Gaan.

*A messenger of some sort approaches the hetman who then directs him towards Indarys.*

"Banden Indarys?" the messenger, a youngish male Bosmer says.

"I am he," Indarys replies, not changing his glance a bit.

"Good...the Redoran council is going to make a decision regarding the new incarnate...the one of Azura," the Bosmer says, not quite believing it himself despite having spied the party leaving the Foyada Mamaea as he ran errands between Ald'Ruhn and Molag Mar.

"They are what?" Indarys says, confused greaty. "This is wonderful. I promised that Imperial in the Incarnate's service that I would keep Redoran from hostile actions against her, and then a few of the guards came forth at Ghostgate, and now...now the council is finally taking a proper stand?"

*Indarys is perplexed, seeing as how Redoran was still without a true head councilman, despite the Nerevarine becoming the honorary one upon his slaying of Bolyn Venim and his taking of the post of Hortator*

"Whatever your writings had in them," the Bosmer says. "I have a feeling they may have been part of the reason that the House will be likely taking a stand against Her..."

"I never should make such a promise again," Indarys replies. "Least Sarethi, Ramoran, and myself will likely...."

"Actually, Sarethi is in the middle, and Ramoran has taken a stance against the Incarnate, and the Temple," the Bosmer says.

*With that comment lingerring in his head, Indarys turns around and proceeds towards the walled section of the village, which had grown a great bit since the time of the Nerevarine prophecies and their fulfillment. Much had happened upon the Nerevarine's disappearance, and things were happening again, due to another Incarnate*

"I know myself the time of the Temple has ended," Indarys says. "Much is yet to come...and I must do what I can to prevent the malevolent intrusion by Redoran into this all...the Temple must stad for now, if only long enough to suppor the Incarnate..."

*Indarys turns again, dismisses teh Bosmer messenger and reenters his manor to prepare for the coming council*

Posted by: Attrebus Jan 14 2005, 03:08 AM

QUOTE(Dracodrakonis @ Jan 14 2005, 08:49 AM)

Ebonheart:

* A courier arrives with a urgent message for Helseth. *
"The Redoran council will listen to your proposal."
"Our representative is already in Vivec."
*The message bears the seals of the Redoran council members*
* The courier waits for a reply *

*




Helseth reads the letter and sends a response inviting the Redoran representitive to Ebonheart at his earliest convenience.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 03:32 AM

Head throbbing, Jazbet stumbled into the sunlight, squinting and mumbling curses under his breath.

"We will be there soon," said one of his men who had wisely not participated in the drinking party last night. "Where will we be setting camp?"

"Oh, I suppose I better find out," said the Khajiit Knight of House Dres, and wandered off, still suffering, to find Loranna, or Aricyn, or Allerleirauh, or Lord Faril, or anyone at all who would know what they were planning on doing once they reached Vivec.

Posted by: B Jan 14 2005, 03:39 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 13 2005, 03:51 PM)

The sun rose on the cantons of Vivec, now visible on the horizon.  The fleet of ships was just an hour or two away from port.

*




Looking out from the boat, B saw the city of Vivec and smiled.

Posted by: Draak Jan 14 2005, 03:58 AM

QUOTE(Attrebus @ Jan 13 2005, 07:58 PM)

Helseth reads the letter and sends a response inviting the Redoran representitive to Ebonheart at his earliest convenience.

*





Ebonheart:


*Guard*

"My Lord Helseth, there is someone to see you."
"He says he is expected."


*Hands over Representatives Introduction Papers *


*Lords of House Redoran (seals applied)*

*Dra'an Kandor, Lord of Khuul*

*On behalf of the House Redoran Council........... *
* etc, etc" *



Posted by: niceguy5 Jan 14 2005, 04:00 AM

Dane leaned his stomach over the railings, looking rather sick. I think Im going to throw up the Imperial thought. As he bends down to gag his sword slid out from his sheath and splashed into the sea.

"Oh no!"

Dane took a deep breath and stripped of his boots, then dove into the water after his prized possessed sword.

Man over board! A first mate yelled. Crewman rushed over to help Dane.


Posted by: Teleran Jan 14 2005, 07:28 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 12 2005, 09:57 PM)

He's been utterly useless...what a waste, it would of been more effective if we sent one of our own... She thought to herself, still eyeing Teleran.

The nord turned to Teleran and blurted out "I wield many implements of flame in battle, so? what's it to you?" Many thoughts were swimming through Brums' mind How could he of possibly think of such a precise question? unless...yes....he must of...

*




"Why do you want to know about Loranna's plans for arrival?" Teleran said, urgency tinging his voice. 'Oh great, what have I gotten myself into here.'

He really hoped Inzoliah couldn't pick up on his thoughts,'Now why did you let her do that to us again?'

'You! I thought I got rid of you.'

'Pain, yes, very painful that was. You should not have destroyed the dagger. Now I have to survive in this fleshy sac you call a body. Actually, easier to think in here than the dagger no twisting from suffering past as in there.'

'I thought you sounded saner.'

'Yes about that, are you trying to get us killed!?! Talking to mer, whose power you know not as though you wish to bite their heads off is not a good way to keep us alive.'

'I swore an oath-'

'Which I will not die for!. Now be nice and back off a bit. Also, get me a new dagger.'

Posted by: w0nders Jan 14 2005, 07:39 AM

QUOTE(Teleran @ Jan 14 2005, 01:18 AM)

"Why do you want to know about Loranna's plans for arrival?" Teleran said, urgency tinging his voice. 'Oh great, what have I gotten myself into here.'

He really hoped Inzoliah couldn't pick up on his thoughts,'Now why did you let her do that to us again?'

'You! I thought I got rid of you.'

'Pain, yes, very painful that was. You should not have destroyed the dagger. Now I have to survive in this fleshy sac you call a body. Actually, easier to think in here than the dagger no twisting from suffering past as in there.'

'I thought you sounded saner.'

'Yes about that, are you trying to get us killed!?! Talking to mer, whose power you know not as though you wish to bite their heads off is not a good way to keep us alive.'

'I swore an oath-'

'Which I will not die for!. Now be nice and back off a bit. Also, get me a new dagger.'

*





Brum frowned from beneath his hood, "Our plans.....are our own, you should know that by now...." He muttered, having another puff from his pipe "Besides....I believe that we already established that we were throwing a party for them."

"Yes, we did, didn't we? it will be a very nice party, one that she will remember for a long time..." chuckled Zero, joining in the conversation, then adding "Why do you care anyway?"

Posted by: Attrebus Jan 14 2005, 07:51 AM

QUOTE(Draak @ Jan 14 2005, 12:18 PM)

Ebonheart:
*Guard*

"My Lord Helseth, there is someone to see you."
"He says he is expected."
*Hands over Representatives Introduction Papers *
*Lords of House Redoran (seals applied)*

*Dra'an Kandor, Lord of Khuul*

*On behalf of the House Redoran Council........... *
* etc, etc" *

*




"Indeed. Show him in, won't you?" Replied Helseth, with a wave of his hand.

The Guard moved off to find the Redoran representitive.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 07:54 AM

Vivec

As the ships of the procession came into view, onlookers started gathering, looking out from the cantons to cheer the coming vessels. There was some wonderment at the jury-rigged sail on the lead vessel, but overall the mood was less questioning and more jubiliant, anticipating the coming festival.

As the ships grew closer and closer, those on board could see the pennants and flags set out to welcoem the Incarnate, and could start distinguishing between the average citizen come to see the parade, and the sizable number of Ordinators and Armigers who were also in attendance, already at work in establishing a clear line for the Incarnate and her procession to disembark and enter the holy city. Temple priests intoned blessings and quietly cast spells to provide protection for the Incarnate and her party; it was only prudent, after all ...

At last, the ships reach Vivec and swing around the cantons to the tune of the cheering crowds, both on the boats and on land. Passing under the drawbridges connecting the cantons to the land, the vessels pull up to the dock outside the Foreign Quarter, dropping anchor and letting people swarm off. Supplies are unloaded, people disembarked, songs sung and greetings exchanged ...

Loranna emerges from her cabin, dressed in her best red dress. She closes her eyes and tries to calm her pounding heart before she heads onto land ...

Posted by: Teleran Jan 14 2005, 07:55 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 13 2005, 09:29 PM)

Brum frowned from beneath his hood, "Our plans.....are our own, you should know that by now...." He muttered, having another puff from his pipe "Besides....I believe that we already established that we were throwing a party for them."

"Yes, we did, didn't we? it will be a very nice party, one that she will remember for a long time..." chuckled Zero, joining in the conversation, then adding "Why do you care anyway?"

*




"I sw-" Teleran started.

'Are you a complete idiot? You know that's a lie. Great, go buy yourself something nice. Do not try to kill them, You only have one dagger, and there are four of them.'

"I'm curious about why I am being sent to spy on them. I mean if its a party, why-" Teleran stopped short again.

'You want to die! Is that it? You better get me a new dagger soon, then you can fulfill your death wish.'

"I'm just curious is all. If you don't want to answer..." Teleran finally finished. 'Did you have to interrupt? I could take them.'

Posted by: Draak Jan 14 2005, 07:59 AM

QUOTE(Attrebus @ Jan 14 2005, 12:41 AM)

"Indeed. Show him in, won't you?" Replied Helseth, with a wave of his hand.

The Guard moved off to find the Redoran representitive.

*





*Standing Outside looking Irritated *

OOC: biggrin.gif

*Being brought inside and still looking irritated*

An Altmer greets Helseth, and Altmer with Eyes of fire.

OOC: and surrprisingly not from being irritated

IC:

*Spoken in a dry but well educated voice*

"You have asked for support from House Redoran against the vessel of Azura."

"I am here to listen to your proposal." (clearly he is not very happy with having been kept waiting for so long).




Edit: OOC: This could take a while, somone is rather busy tonight it seems wink.gif


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 08:08 AM

Aricyn, once again wearing his best blue velvet doublet, but this time over a very special cuirass, smiled as he watched the people on shore. Their music and voices drifting over the water to meet the boats. He had never found Dunmer music particularly pleasant, but the sound of support was always beautiful.

The ships docked, and he walked with Loranna as she thanked the crew, waved to the gathered crowd, and disembarked.

Vivec, at last. The city named after Azura's greatest rival.

"Don't look so worried," he said to Loranna through a smile. "This is where the fun starts."

Posted by: w0nders Jan 14 2005, 08:09 AM

QUOTE(Teleran @ Jan 14 2005, 01:45 AM)

"I sw-" Teleran started.

'Are you a complete idiot? You know that's a lie. Great, go buy yourself something nice. Do not try to kill them, You only have one dagger, and there are four of them.'

"I'm curious about why I am being sent to spy on them. I mean if its a party, why-" Teleran stopped short again.

'You want to die! Is that it? You better get me a new dagger soon, then you can fulfill your death wish.'

"I'm just curious is all. If you don't want to answer..." Teleran finally finished. 'Did you have to interrupt? I could take them.'

*





Brum frowned again, this time it was even more noticeable, "You want to know why you were sent to spy on them? We told you the precise meaning, for information purposes."

"What's the matter anyway, you look rather edgy..." Added Inzoliah.

Posted by: Solin Jan 14 2005, 08:09 AM

As the pilgrims disembarked from the ships at least one man from the lead ship was there to take each name. Every passenger counted was quickly and meticulously recorded. Faril walked from dock to dock checking the list of passengers from each ship and comparing it to notes from Suran. He wore a frown of concentration his face. His investigation for the Queen was a top priority in his mind.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 08:12 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 01:58 AM)

Aricyn, once again wearing his best blue velvet doublet, but this time over a very special cuirass, smiled as he watched the people on shore. Their music and voices drifting over the water to meet the boats. He had never found Dunmer music particularly pleasant, but the sound of support was always beautiful.

The ships docked, and he walked with Loranna as she thanked the crew, waved to the gathered crowd, and disembarked.

Vivec, at last. The city named after Azura's greatest rival.

"Don't look so worried," he said to Loranna through a smile. "This is where the fun starts."

*





Loranna gives Aricyn a rueful smile. " ... I suppose you're right," she says, her expression gradually becoming a bit more cheerful.

Where the fun starts and - hopefully - the destruction finally ends, she thinks to herself.

" ... Guess after everything I still let my worries show too openly on my face," she comments, as she turns to look upon the fabled city of Vivec.

... A floating city; ... that's actually rather nice, now that I think of it, she thinks. ... And with its own small moon too; I wonder what it's like to actually live here ...


Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 14 2005, 08:17 AM

Allerleriauh was here in an official capacity now, and though no one presently knew it besides herself and Loranna, she intended to look the part. Beneath her many-furred cloak, her dress was in a formal, very conservative Dunmer style, white on white.

The city of Vivec always depressed her. Vehk had written of it with such dreams in his head. Yet no children had ever laughed in its streets; and Ordinators kept markets from cluttering the open spaces. Vivec was dead in life, as its lord had been.

Yet now Vehk was alive again, free at last, in Aetherius. And the city - well, who could say.

She did not smile, but held her head high, knowing that standing beside Aricyn, she looked like a Dunmer vision of Nordic conquest. Let them be afraid, at least a little. They had reason to be wary.

Posted by: Teleran Jan 14 2005, 08:23 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 13 2005, 09:59 PM)

Brum frowned again, this time it was even more noticeable, "You want to know why you were sent to spy on them? We told you the precise meaning, for information purposes."

"What's the matter anyway, you look rather edgy..." Added Inzoliah.

*




"Edgy? I'm not edgy-Hey look, there's the ships." He said pointing over the water. As soon as the four turned to see the ships Teleran bolted into the inner workings of the canton and kept running till he was within the canalworks.'You happy? I feel like such a coward.'

'Just get me a dagger then you can fight as much as I want.'

'Alright, got any preference on type?'

'Doesn't matter, if it's mine, it's mine. Just don't get an enchanted one, I can't use those.'

'Iron it is then,' looking through his pocket he found a few pieces of gold, 'guess I won't have to steal one.'

Posted by: Solin Jan 14 2005, 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Teleran @ Jan 14 2005, 12:13 AM)

"Edgy? I'm not edgy-Hey look, there's the ships." He said pointing over the water. As soon as the four turned to see the ships Teleran bolted into the inner workings of the canton and kept running till he was within the canalworks.'You happy? I feel like such a coward.'

*




On his way to the canalworks Teleran brushes past a Breton man in rather damp clothing. He wears a cloak and his face cannot be seen. Paying the runner little mind the man continues towards the Alchemist shop.


Posted by: w0nders Jan 14 2005, 08:30 AM

"RRRrrr....damnit, we're not prepared for this, not yet atleast, Zero go down and make some preparations for battle, we'll be there shortly." Snarled Inzoliah, watching as Zero ran down to the lower levels of the canton, among alot of the worshippers and guards awaiting Loranna's arrival.

"Looks like our little friend ran away" laughed Brum, turning back to his companions, "Never mind that, here, you two...take one of these, it'll get you out of a tight spot, need be for it" stated Inzoliah, handing the two of them potions of recall.

"But...what about Zero...?" asked Merciander, rolling the bottle around in his hand, "The master no longer has need for him, but if he is truely skilled, we need not worry, we will see him another day."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 14 2005, 02:07 AM)

Allerleriauh was here in an official capacity now, and though no one presently knew it besides herself and Loranna, she intended to look the part.  Beneath her many-furred cloak, her dress was in a formal, very conservative Dunmer style, white on white.

The city of Vivec always depressed her. Vehk had written of it with such dreams in his head. Yet no children had ever laughed in its streets;  and Ordinators kept markets from cluttering the open spaces. Vivec was dead in life, as its lord had been.

Yet now Vehk was alive again, free at last, in Aetherius.  And the city - well, who could say.

She did not smile, but held her head high, knowing that standing beside Aricyn, she looked like a Dunmer vision of Nordic conquest. Let them be afraid, at least a little. They had reason to be wary.

*





Loranna looks upon the gathered crowds, all here to greet and cheer her on. The music dances through her head and even with her trying not to listen mentally, the mood of the crowd is impossible not to feel. It was enough to carry almost anyone away, sweeping them along the path of the majority.

Loranna smiles a little; not that she especially enjoyed dashing peoples' hopes, but the look on their faces when she made her opening speech would be one to see ...

She pulls her attention back to the here and now; a Temple official was personally welcoming her into the sacred city. The lines of Armigers and Ordinators, resplendent in thier armor, catch her eye as she opens her mouth to reply to the official greeting, and she has a quick, fleeting thought: ... To you friends and companions of Vivec ... here's hoping you at least enjoy the joke.

She speaks:

"People of Morrowind, and of lands far and near ... hello."

"A long and arduous journey comes to a close here in this sacred city - a journey started as far back as Cyrodiil and passing through High Rock and Skyrim. Much has happened during this journey, but it ends here, and now."

" ... And it ends with a trial. Once I have completed the pilgrimage I started in Gnisis, I shall turn myself over to the Mercy of a Tribunal I have appointed, and face judgement for the actions I have taken and the events I have caused."

Loranna turns to face Allie. "Mercy, I enjoin thee to perform the duty you have been asked to do; once this pilgrimage is complete, I am in your custody."


Posted by: Solin Jan 14 2005, 08:42 AM

The Breton man stepped into the shop and approached the alchemist's table. He leaned over the burbling tools of the shop owner's trade and whispered to the mer. He suddenly cocked his head to the side and let out a loud sneeze. The shopkeep gave an unpleased flich and retreated to his shelves and picked out a bottle. Returning to his customer he handed the potion over to the waiting man. Pleased with his purchase the man downs it immediately while handing a small bag of septims to the owner.

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 14 2005, 08:44 AM

Tris:

Behind the massed priests, mingling with the gathered populace, residents of the Foreign Quarter, representatives of the Houses, and pilgrims and merchants visiting the city, were two tourists. One was a handsome young Breton with a limp; his companion, a slightly older man who kept his face partially concealed within the hood of his cloak.

Tris and Ciel had been enjoying the splendors of the sacred city. Tris had even handed some money to a child who begged for a potion to donate at Vivec's shrine, and watched the boy soar into the distance. He smiled, wondering if they would hear about a child crashing into the water to be eaten by slaughterfish in the next day's Daily Vivec. Nah - such an incident wouldn't make the papers. Not with Loranna here.

It was difficult to hear Loranna speak, from back here.

"She said it, didn't she?" Tris said into Ciel's ear, under cover of the press and noise of the crowd. "She did it!"

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 08:52 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 14 2005, 02:29 AM)

She speaks:

"People of Morrowind, and of lands far and near ... hello."

"A long and arduous journey comes to a close here in this sacred city - a journey started as far back as Cyrodiil and passing through High Rock and Skyrim.  Much has happened during this journey, but it ends here, and now."

" ... And it ends with a trial.  Once I have completed the pilgrimage I started in Gnisis, I shall turn myself over to the Mercy of a Tribunal I have appointed, and face judgement for the actions I have taken and the events I have caused."

Loranna turns to face Allie.  "Mercy, I enjoin thee to perform the duty you have been asked to do; once this pilgrimage is complete, I am in your custody."

*




This was not exactly the speech the people had been expecting. Many had traveled far to see the Incarnation of the great and powerful Prince Azura, who would drive the foreigners out of their land. Azura surrendering to judgement was not something that would have invaded their wildest dreams.

More importantly, however, was the Temple's surprise. They had risked much, and sacrificed much, to bring Loranna to their city, and now this...

The overall response was confusion.

The Temple priest that had been blessed with the duty of welcoming the Incarnate looked rather pale, for a Dunmer.
"Please," he said, trying to salvage the situation, "Incarnate Mother, please, let us retire to the Temple grounds, and there such matters can be discussed... in private."

Posted by: Solin Jan 14 2005, 08:53 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 14 2005, 12:34 AM)

Tris:
"She said it, didn't she?" Tris said into Ciel's ear, under cover of the press and noise of the crowd. "She did it!"

*




[Ciel]
"She did," Ciel smiled watching over the crowd. "I wonder how her people will take it."

He waited a moment watching the crowd react.

"Did she discuss it with her companions?" he asked quietly. He was not entirely focused on Loranna though. His eyes scanned the passengers departing the ships for the Queen and Lord Liris.

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 14 2005, 08:55 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 01:42 AM)

This was not exactly the speech the people had been expecting. Many had traveled far to see the Incarnation of the great and powerful Prince Azura, who would drive the foreigners out of their land. Azura surrendering to judgement was not something that would have invaded their wildest dreams.

More importantly, however, was the Temple's surprise. They had risked much, and sacrificed much, to bring Loranna to their city, and now this...

The overall response was confusion.

The Temple priest that had been blessed with the duty of welcoming the Incarnate looked rather pale, for a Dunmer.
"Please," he said, trying to salvage the situation, "Incarnate Mother, please, let us retire to the Temple grounds, and there such matters can be discussed... in private."

*




Allerleirauh stepped forward. Although the recent days of sailing had left her cheeks and forehead flushed, her face might otherwise have been carved from white marble.

"Let the sky bear witness that this child of the far north stands ready," she said, as she had said before on a similar occasion, when it was Vehk who had called her to this duty.

"Sir," she said to the priest, "You forget yourself. Your Lord and father, Vivec, placed himself before a Tribunal for such an accounting. Did you dare to speak so to him?"

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 09:00 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 14 2005, 02:45 AM)

Allerleirauh stepped forward. Although the recent days of sailing had left her cheeks and forehead flushed, her face might otherwise have been carved from white marble.

"Let the sky bear witness that this child of the far north stands ready," she said, as she had said before on a similar occasion, when it was Vehk who had called her to this duty.

"Sir," she said to the priest, "You forget yourself. Your Lord and father, Vivec, placed himself before a Tribunal for such an accounting. Did you dare to speak so to him?"

*




The priest bowed his head in shame, then wondered at himself for bowing to a Nord.

"I was not present for our Lord Vivec's trial, but he gave only himself to be judged. In this... very special... instance, there is another to be considered..."

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 09:04 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 02:50 AM)

The priest bowed his head in shame, then wondered at himself for bowing to a Nord.

"I was not present for our Lord Vivec's trial, but he gave only himself to be judged. In this... very special... instance, there is another to be considered..."

*





Loranna says to the priest "This is understood; know now that it is only I that am on trial, not the shining child in my womb. Whatever happens, no harm shall come to her."


Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 14 2005, 09:05 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 01:50 AM)

The priest bowed his head in shame, then wondered at himself for bowing to a Nord.

"I was not present for our Lord Vivec's trial, but he gave only himself to be judged. In this... very special... instance, there is another to be considered..."

*




"There can be no question of mortals judging the immortals," Allerleirauh said. "Your Emperor came to this very city just to remind us of that. Nor can Sen-Yedda, whose deeds have not seen daylight, be judged. Sen-Yedda will be born, and not until that time may any punishment be exacted. But it is the will of the one you call the Incarnate Mother that Loranna Pyrel, the vessel, be subject to the will of this Tribunal. This was decided long ago, and it was sworn in the name of Azura herself, goddess of oaths, and it will be fulfilled. Do not speak out of turn again."

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 09:10 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 14 2005, 02:55 AM)

"There can be no question of mortals judging the immortals,"  Allerleirauh said. "Your Emperor came to this very city just to remind us of that. Nor can Sen-Yedda, whose deeds have not seen daylight, be judged. Sen-Yedda will be born, and not until that time may any punishment be exacted. But it is the will of the one you call the Incarnate Mother that Loranna Pyrel, the vessel, be subject to the will of this Tribunal. This was decided long ago, and it was sworn in the name of Azura herself, goddess of oaths, and it will be fulfilled. Do not speak out of turn again."

*




The priest, dumbfounded, did indeed open his mouth to speak again, but was stopped by a not unfriendly, but solid hand on his shoulder. It belonged to a tall Dunmer whos face was hidden behind the ornate gold of an Ordinator helm, his body wrapped in a heavy purple cloak.

"Forgive me then, Incarnate Mother," he said, bowing deeply, "but what are we to do now? Are we to take you in chains to the Ministry of Truth? Are we to escort you under guard as you complete your pilgrimage? Tell us, and forgive us, for we cannot fathom the mind of a Prince of Oblivion."

Posted by: Dracodrakonis Jan 14 2005, 09:10 AM

Vivec:

A small group of Dunmer are listening to the events as they unfold. One of them leaves for the Redoran Canton, another disappears after touching an amulet.

Ebonheart:

The same courier from before appears and approaches the kings guard.

"I have an urgent message for my lord and yours"

He relays the events of Vivec and then returns.




Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 09:13 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 03:00 AM)

The priest, dumbfounded, did indeed open his mouth to speak again, but was stopped by a not unfriendly, but solid hand on his shoulder. It belonged to a tall Dunmer whos face was hidden behind the ornate gold of an Ordinator helm, his body wrapped in a heavy purple cloak.

"Forgive me then, Incarnate Mother," he said, bowing deeply, "but what are we to do now? Are we to take you in chains to the Ministry of Truth? Are we to escort you under guard as you complete your pilgrimage? Tell us, and forgive us, for we cannot fathom the mind of a Prince of Oblivion."

*





Loranna speaks up. "I understand your confusion, sir; pray put your mind at ease. I will complete the pimgrimage I started under the Temple's escort, with Ordinators and Bouyant Armigers both, and once I have completed that, Mercy Allerleirauh shall take charge of the situation. She shall see that the proper measures are taken for my custody."


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 09:24 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 14 2005, 03:03 AM)

Loranna speaks up.  "I understand your confusion, sir; pray put your mind at ease.  I will complete the pimgrimage I started under the Temple's escort, with Ordinators and Bouyant Armigers both, and once I have completed that, Mercy Allerleirauh shall take charge of the situation.  She shall see that the proper measures are taken for my custody."

*





The man, emotionless behind his gold mask, bowed deeply once more.

"As you wish, Great Mother. It shall be as you command.

"Allow us to escort you to the Temple Canton. All Vivec stands ready to make you welcome on your pilgrimage."

Orders were barked to his men, and the crowd, still confused, was cleared from Loranna's path into the heart of the city.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 09:30 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 03:14 AM)

The man, emotionless behind his gold mask, bowed deeply once more.

"As you wish, Great Mother. It shall be as you command.

"Allow us to escort you to the Temple Canton. All Vivec stands ready to make you welcome on your pilgrimage."

Orders were barked to his men, and the crowd, still confused, was cleared from Loranna's path into the heart of the city.

*





Loranna smiles, feeling a weight lift from her heart. It was, finally, coming to an end.

When the escort was ready, she nods to them, and enters the city of Vivec, feeling for once in a long time like she was doing what should be done.


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 09:39 AM

It wasn't the sort of thing that occured to many to notice. Though the sky was pure blue, only dappled with a few fluffy clouds, the horizon was dark ... as if a storm was brewing, far, far in the distance.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 09:44 AM

The Void

Bosriel watched the procession from the Void. Her dark hair floated around her like a shroud, and her red eyes darted from person to person, smelling their life, their energy, their blood. She had fed well, but she was hungry again.

'Leseth,' she called, her voice echoing in eternity. 'I need you!'

Posted by: w0nders Jan 14 2005, 09:48 AM

Dante made his way off the boat, Illidan not too far behind him, "looks like yet another adventure is coming to a closing..." He muttered under his breath.

Vivec, Foreign Quater-

Zero, we are on our way, make the attack NOW... Zero recieved the message from Inzoliah, and sprung out, from the other side of the bridge he readied his hands, in them, balls of frost appeared, He lashed out his arms, crossing them over each other, the balls of frost hurtled across the bridge and made contact with a guard each, sending them hurtling to the ground. He raised his arms again to repeat this process...

Posted by: Solin Jan 14 2005, 09:54 AM

The Dunmer blinked and dropped the tool in his hand. It bounced with a clang against the metal floor. He had labored long. It wasnt finished yet. With his ashen fingers he rubbed his temples. Where had he started? He couldnt recall. Shaking his head he rose from his bent over position on the walkway that circled the inside of the dome. Standing at the lip of the reservoir he gazed down at the broken pieces of the engine, submerged beneath the unstirred water. The toes of his boots hung over the open air. The mer closed his eyes and for just a moment white light could be seen peaking through from under his lids. Small bits and pieces ripped out of the tank to his waiting, outstretched hands. One by one he caught the hunks of material and held them together in his hands. A large obelisk had once hung at the center of the dome, waiting to be submerged and heated in the water to produce steam. He should tell Allerleirauh and Arynel how he had progressed thus far. The pieces splashed back into the water below as Solin vanished after whispering a moment.

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 09:57 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 14 2005, 03:34 AM)

The Void

Bosriel watched the procession from the Void.  Her dark hair floated around her like a shroud, and her red eyes darted from person to person, smelling their life, their energy, their blood.  She had fed well, but she was hungry again.

'Leseth,' she called, her voice echoing in eternity. 'I need you!'

*




(THE VOID:)

In the Void, even the black, ebony-encased form of Leseth seemed warm. Bosriel could feel his heat before she saw him.

"What is it, Little One? What troubles you?"

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 14 2005, 09:58 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 14 2005, 02:38 AM)

Dante made his way off the boat, Illidan not too far behind him, "looks like yet another adventure is coming to a closing..." He muttered under his breath.

Vivec, Foreign Quater-

Zero, we are on our way, make the attack NOW... Zero recieved the message from Inzoliah, and sprung out, from the other side of the bridge he readied his hands, in them, balls of frost appeared, He lashed out his arms, crossing them over each other, the balls of frost hurtled across the bridge and made contact with a guard each, sending them hurtling to the ground. He raised his arms again to repeat this process...

*




Allerleirauh looked up at the sound of the attack. It would take forever to reach them through this crowd. Surely the Ordinators could handle a few terrorists.

"Loranna," she said. "About time for one of those healing potions."

She grasped her dagger and levitated into the air, to get a better vantage point.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 09:59 AM

Elysana, the Queen of Wayrest, had no beautiful clothes to wear for the occasion. She had but one dress, and a cloak, and a belt, all very simply wrought, but tailored well. The crowd surged around her, and she might have been invisible, but there were many eyes still on her, and her own eyes were everywhere.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 10:00 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 14 2005, 03:48 AM)

Allerleirauh looked up at the sound of the attack. It would take forever to reach them through this crowd. Surely the Ordinators could handle a few terrorists.

"Loranna,"  she said. "About time for one of those healing potions."

She grasped her dagger and levitated into the air, to get a better vantage point.

*





Wouldn't you know I kept one just for today? Loranna tells Allie, swiftly downing one of the silver-haired Nord's super healing potions.

Scanning the crowd now ... she mutters as she turns her thoughts outward, looking for signs of additional people present who would attack the party.


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 10:02 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 14 2005, 03:38 AM)

Dante made his way off the boat, Illidan not too far behind him, "looks like yet another adventure is coming to a closing..." He muttered under his breath.

Vivec, Foreign Quater-

Zero, we are on our way, make the attack NOW... Zero recieved the message from Inzoliah, and sprung out, from the other side of the bridge he readied his hands, in them, balls of frost appeared, He lashed out his arms, crossing them over each other, the balls of frost hurtled across the bridge and made contact with a guard each, sending them hurtling to the ground. He raised his arms again to repeat this process...

*




Usually, the city of Vivec was practically crawling with well-armed Ordinators. Not today, though. Although there were a great number of them posted at each Canton's corner and at each bridge, all carrying banners on pikes, the great mass of them was centered, like a small army around a standard, on the Incarnate and her party.

The ring of steel being drawn by so many men could be heard over the cheering and shouting crowd. They had, of course, been prepared for trouble. As a matter of fact, although it did not come, they had been prepared for war.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 10:06 AM

The Void


QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 03:47 AM)

In the Void, even the black, ebony-encased form of Leseth seemed warm. Bosriel could feel his heat before she saw him.

"What is it, Little One? What troubles you?"

*





The little girl floating in a sea of nothingness didn't embrace him as she had done before. She floated at a distance, and he could see tears of blood in her eyes.

'I watched Helseth for a while,' she said. 'And then, I went to Wayrest to see if things were progressing well ... and I went to where it was ... and it's gone ...'


Posted by: w0nders Jan 14 2005, 10:16 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 03:52 AM)

Usually, the city of Vivec was practically crawling with well-armed Ordinators. Not today, though. Although there were a great number of them posted at each Canton's corner and at each bridge, all carrying banners on pikes, the great mass of them was centered, like a small army around a standard, on the Incarnate and her party.

The ring of steel being drawn by so many men could be heard over the cheering and shouting crowd. They had, of course, been prepared for trouble. As a matter of fact, although it did not come, they had been prepared for war.

*





Zero watched as a large amount of Ordinators and Bouyant Armigers charged across the bridge towards him, Oh great... he thought stepping back slightly and clenching his fists, almost immediatley they were surrounded by a light blue aura.

He charged forward and ducked under one soldiers blade, delivering an icey cold uppercut into his stomach, the soldier let out a shrill cry. Looking around himself he noted that he was now surrounded, one by one ordinators and Bouyent Armigers darted in and out of the circle and lashed out with their swords towards him.

He did a good job avoiding this for a fair while, even took down another 5 soldiers by the time he was brought to his knees by an ebony mace into the back of his leg.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 10:22 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 14 2005, 04:06 AM)

Zero watched as a large amount of Ordinators and Bouyant Armigers charged across the bridge towards him, Oh great... he thought stepping back slightly and clenching his fists, almost immediatley they were surrounded by a light blue aura.

He charged forward and ducked under one soldiers blade, delivering an icey cold uppercut into his stomach, the soldier let out a shrill cry. Looking around himself he noted that he was now surrounded, one by one ordinators and Bouyent Armigers darted in and out of the circle and lashed out with their swords towards him.

He did a good job avoiding this for a fair while, even took down another 5 soldiers by the time he was brought to his knees by an ebony mace into the back of his leg.

*





Loranna's voice calls out:

"Spare him for now; I would ask him if he attacks us alone or if he works with others."

She turns her thoughts to Zero, her words reaching his ears. "Know that I can tell if you tell the truth or lie; tell us now if there are others working with you and perhaps you may be spared a temrinal punishment for this attack." Her thoughts listen to his with great interest.


Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 10:26 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 14 2005, 04:12 AM)

"Spare him for now; I would ask him if he attacks us alone or if he works with others."

*





Elysana looks to Loranna, smiling. Exactly what I would have done. She has more promise than I thought ...

'I wonder where one stays in this place when not under arrest,' she said to Faril. 'I should speak to Tholer Saryon if he is available. I owe him an apology for leaving so suddenly before ...'


Posted by: w0nders Jan 14 2005, 10:29 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 14 2005, 04:12 AM)

Loranna's voice calls out:

"Spare him for now; I would ask him if he attacks us alone or if he works with others."

She turns her thoughts to Zero, her words reaching his ears.  "Know that I can tell if you tell the truth or lie; tell us now if there are others working with you and perhaps you may be spared a temrinal punishment for this attack."  Her thoughts listen to his with great interest.

*





Zero bowed his head and chuckled lowly...though it was a laugh of sorrow, not enjoyment. He looked up again, noting the two Ordinators standing at either side of him, each, with a hand placed firmly on his shoulder and the other wrapped tightly around their weapons.

He looks up and scans over the crowd of worshippers and soldiers, trying to exact the location of where this voice was coming from, he bowed his head yet again and thought, Hm, I would sooner die than tell you of anything concerning myself, kill me if you must, I'm dead anyway...

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 10:32 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 14 2005, 04:19 AM)

Zero bowed his head and chuckled lowly...though it was a laugh of sorrow, not enjoyment. He looked up again, noting the two Ordinators standing at either side of him, each, with a hand placed firmly on his shoulder and the other wrapped tightly around  their weapons.

He looks up and scans over the crowd of worshippers and soldiers, trying to exact the location of where this voice was coming from, he bowed his head yet again and thought, Hm, I would sooner die than tell you of anything concerning myself, kill me if you must, I'm dead anyway...

*





Loranna's voice answers back: Perhaps, but you still have a chance for a swift and painless death, as opposed to being tossed in the dungeons and suffering a slow and lingering one.

... Did you act alone, or are there others? I won't ask again.


Loranna's thoughts start to probe Zero's for the information she desires.

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 10:34 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 14 2005, 03:56 AM)

The Void
The little girl floating in a sea of nothingness didn't embrace him as she had done before.  She floated at a distance, and he could see tears of blood in her eyes.

'I watched Helseth for a while,' she said. 'And then, I went to Wayrest to see if things were progressing well ... and I went to where it was ... and it's gone ...'

*




"Do not fret, Little One. It is still in the world, I am sure, and thus can be found. We will find it.

"Let us first determine whether or not this is the queen's doing. If it proves not to be, I wonder how she will react to losing her leash," he said with a dark, unpleasant smile.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 10:36 AM

Elysana finds Allerleirauh in the crowd.

'Your Azura is a little tougher than I thought,' she says with a laugh. 'Do let me know if I can be any help with interrogation. It's something of a hobby.'

Posted by: Allerleirauh Jan 14 2005, 10:38 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 14 2005, 03:26 AM)

Elysana finds Allerleirauh in the crowd.

'Your Azura is a little tougher than I thought,' she says with a laugh. 'Do let me know if I can be any help with interrogation.  It's something of a hobby.'

*




Allerleirauh laughed.

"Your majesty, I will be sure to tell her. But Loranna prefers the direct approach of probing people's minds. If she were not distracted, I'm sure this attack would not have succeeded as well as it did."

She glanced at the wall of Ordinators. "I wonder that Saryoni isn't here to greet us. He's a lovely man, I was looking forward to seeing him."

Posted by: Solin Jan 14 2005, 10:40 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 14 2005, 02:16 AM)

Elysana looks to Loranna, smiling.  Exactly what I would have done.  She has more promise than I thought ...

'I wonder where one stays in this place when not under arrest,' she said to Faril. 'I should speak to Tholer Saryon if he is available.  I owe him an apology for leaving so suddenly before ...'

*




I'm sure that there is a suitable inn here in the Foreign Quarter that could house you, my Lady, Faril responded. He wore his satchel over his shoulder and a finer than his usual shirt but not overtly. I shall send a man to make sure suitable accommodations are avalible.

Posted by: w0nders Jan 14 2005, 10:44 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 14 2005, 04:22 AM)

Loranna's voice answers back:  Perhaps, but you still have a chance for a swift and painless death, as opposed to being tossed in the dungeons and suffering a slow and lingering one.

... Did you act alone, or are there others?  I won't ask again.


Loranna's thoughts start to probe Zero's for the information she desires.

*





Zero begins to feel a strange sensation in his head...and begins to Randomly think about names, and images some of which stating...

Brum, a Nord man, is Often cloaked and smokes a pipe, likes fire........Merciander, an Altmer, often ina robe, uses poison.....some Dunmer man named Teleran......Inzo--

He was suddenly cut off as a fork of lightning shot down from the higher levels of the canton and struck him, giving the guards who had placed their hands on his shoulder a little shock too, he was dead. From above them, stood Inzoliah, she brushed her matted hair out of her face and paced quickly away, Brum and Merciander not far behind Pathetic...

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 10:45 AM

QUOTE(Allerleirauh @ Jan 14 2005, 04:28 AM)

She glanced at the wall of Ordinators. "I wonder that Saryoni isn't here to greet us. He's a lovely man, I was looking forward to seeing him."

*





'The last time I saw him, it was him and Helseth screaming at each other,' Elysana smiled. 'So, obviously, I'm well-disposed towards him as well.'


QUOTE(Solin @ Jan 14 2005, 04:28 AM)

I'm sure that there is a suitable inn here in the Foreign Quarter that could house you, my Lady, Faril responded



'That sounds lovely,' she said. 'The more foreign the better. I would kill for some Breton beef and barley stew,' The Queen looked to Allerleirauh. 'But don't worry, I won't.'

She looked up at the lightning strike. 'Oh dear. That happens sometimes with informants, you know.'

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 10:46 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 14 2005, 04:34 AM)

Zero begins to feel a strange sensation in his head...and begins to Randomly think about names, and images some of which stating...

Brum, a Nord man, is Often cloaked and smokes a pipe, likes fire........Merciander, an Altmer, often ina robe, uses poison.....some Dunmer man named Teleran......Inzo--

He was suddenly cut off as a fork of lightning shot down from the higher levels of the canton and struck him, giving the guards who had placed their hands on his shoulder a little shock too, he was dead. From above them, stood Inzoliah, she brushed her matted hair out of her face and paced quickly away, Brum and Merciander not far behind Pathetic...

*




"GET THEM!" Shouted a voice, metallic behind its golden mask.

The sound of booted feet on stone was deafening...

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 10:47 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 14 2005, 04:34 AM)

Zero begins to feel a strange sensation in his head...and begins to Randomly think about names, and images some of which stating...

Brum, a Nord man, is Often cloaked and smokes a pipe, likes fire........Merciander, an Altmer, often ina robe, uses poison.....some Dunmer man named Teleran......Inzo--

He was suddenly cut off as a fork of lightning shot down from the higher levels of the canton and struck him, giving the guards who had placed their hands on his shoulder a little shock too, he was dead. From above them, stood Inzoliah, she brushed her matted hair out of her face and paced quickly away, Brum and Merciander not far behind Pathetic...

*





"Four others at least," Loranna calls out, pointing to the fleeing figures above. "They escape!"

Her thoughts reach out to the fleeing Brum, Merciander, and Inzoliah, hoping to incapacitate them with a burst of sensations of pain and anguish that Loranna has experienced before - such as the sensation of grabbing Aricyn's sword.


Posted by: w0nders Jan 14 2005, 10:59 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 04:36 AM)

"GET THEM!" Shouted a voice, metallic behind its golden mask.

The sound of booted feet on stone was deafening...

*





Hearing the ordinator yell, The three of them pick up their pace, they made their way to a door that leads inside the canton, Inzoliah pulled it open and motioned for the other two to get in.

At that point the three of them felt a large pain seer through them all, they dropped to their knees, all clutching their heads and screaming shrilly. Merciander, luckily managed to keep his composure long enough to down his recall potion, he re-appeared inside a strange room...surrounded by other robed figures. Inzoliah and Brum however, remained incapacitated, just inside the canton.


Posted by: Teleran Jan 14 2005, 11:01 AM

Teleran heads to the armorers to get the dagger, but finds the armorer abandoned, as the proprietor had left to greet Loranna's arrival, 'So much for not stealing it.' Teleran picks the lock takes an iron dagger and leaves. 'I got you a new dagger, you happy? Now get out of my head.'

'It's not that roomy, but yes, I suppose it will do. Now we can go take out those four if you like.'

'And you thought I was cocky.'

Teleran leaves the canton and heads for the entrance to Vivec, absentmindedly twirling his dagger through his fingers. He hears the sound of booted feet coming towards him.

Teleran ducks down the sloping corridor just as Ordinators come around the canton corner and hides in the darkness as they go by,'I wonder who stirred the nest.'

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 11:01 AM

'That's the Foreign Canton there?' Elysana asked Faril. 'That does seem to be where all the action is, which suits me well. Now that we have a complete count of all the men, divide them up, and make sure we have eyes in every corner of the city. I will be up early, and we will do another count to make sure no one new is missing, and another report then ...

Now, I should get some sleep. I should make arrangements for my trip back to High Rock in the morning.'

And with that, Elysana left with Herwyn to find a room at the Black Shalk cornerclub in the Foreign Canton. It would not be fancy, but she had been through worse lately.

ooc -- That's it. I'm out for the evening. Have fun, yawl.

Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 11:22 AM

QUOTE(w0nders @ Jan 14 2005, 04:49 AM)

Hearing the ordinator yell, The three of them pick up their pace, they made their way to a door that leads inside the canton, Inzoliah pulled it open and motioned for the other two to get in.

At that point the three of them felt a large pain seer through them all, they dropped to their knees, all clutching their heads and screaming shrilly. Merciander, luckily managed to keep his composure long enough to down his recall potion, he re-appeared inside a strange room...surrounded by other robed figures. Inzoliah and Brum however, remained incapacitated, just inside the canton.

*




"Incarnate Mother!" the Ordinator said, bowing, out of breath from running, "We have two of them. We cannot locate the third and suspect that he has escaped by magic.

"What is your will?"

Posted by: Loranna Jan 14 2005, 11:26 AM

QUOTE(Rhedd @ Jan 14 2005, 05:12 AM)

"Incarnate Mother!" the Ordinator said, bowing, out of breath from running, "We have two of them. We cannot locate the third and suspect that he has escaped by magic.

"What is your will?"

*





Loranna frowns, her thoughts reaching out quickly to confirm what the Ordinator has said.

" ... Take them away to be interrogated, to learn if this was the act of a rogue group or the will of a larger faction. See to the wounded and have the place you found them searched for any other clues."

Loranna sighs. " ... For the sake of those who might have been harmed in this attack, we should get things moving, I think ..."


Posted by: Rhedd Jan 14 2005, 11:30 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Jan 14 2005, 05:16 AM)

Loranna frowns, her thoughts reaching out quickly to confirm what the Ordinator has said.

" ... Take them away to be interrogated, to learn if this was the act of a rogue group or the will of a larger faction.  See to the wounded and have the place you found them searched for any other clues."

Loranna sighs.  " ... For the sake of those who might have been harmed in this attack, we should get things moving, I think ..."

*




The Ordinator bowed.

"As you will."

The prisoners were taken to the Ministry, while Loranna's party was escorted to the Temple canton where a proper reception still awaited them, despite Loranna's self-incarceration.

Posted by: Nalion Jan 14 2005, 11:54 AM

Summary: Pelagiad, one day ago

It had taken only a small gesture and a whispered word to cross the distance between Suran and Pelagiad. It was late afternoon and the sun was setting slowly, bathing the town in day's last light. The shadows, though, grew longer, too. Gazing down the main street of Pelagiad, he could see soldiers still excercising, more soldiers than was appropriate for a standard Imperial fort in Morrowind. The villagers shunned this out of-the-ordinary military presence, obviously trying to keep a low profile. The local Dunmeri population though gave the soldiers frowns when they felt unobserved.
Nalion felt uncomfortable, the whole town smelled like a beast, the beast of war. Nalion frowned. He had to get more information. But where to get it? The Fort was closed to the public and he did not want to enter it by unconventional means. The windows of the Halfway Tavern were brightly lit, though...

Four hours and several mugs later...

"Ya kno', shish could be she lasht time I get shome drink, my friend. Shish Helsheth guy over at ... [pause], ya kno', where the Duke guy ish..." The breath of the soldier stank from alcohol.

"Ebonheart?"

"Yesh, that'sh it. He doeshn't like that carnivore, ya' kno?" the soldier answered with a heavy tongue.

"Carnivore?"

"Yeah, that woman, ya' kno', carnivore motha they dark elvsh callsh her."

"Incarnate mother?"

"Yesh, that'sh it! You're a bright guy for a Breton, my friend! Helsheth ish shummoning us, the Legion, can you imagine it? But we gotta no ordersh to move yet, or sho..." the soldier blinked, wearily. "You're a nishe guy, friend, you don't wanna get me shome more shujemmi? Shujammi? ... Ah, drink?"

"I'll see what I can do, friend."

Hidden from prying eyes by the table, a small drain fatigue spell hit the drunken soldier and he slowly dropped forward and began to snore immediately.

Nalion rose from the table in the corner, hiding a smile. His mug of Sujamma still was the first, and only drained half. He pitied the soldier, though. Not for the headache this one would surely have tomorrow, but for what waited for him at the mustering on the morning...
"What a small charm spell, a bit of flattery and some mugs can do..." he mused, then left the Tavern and Pelagiad, heading south.

Posted by: Attrebus Jan 14 2005, 01:12 PM

QUOTE(Draak @ Jan 14 2005, 04:19 PM)

*Standing Outside looking Irritated *

OOC: biggrin.gif

*Being brought inside and still looking irritated*

An Altmer greets Helseth, and Altmer with Eyes of fire.

OOC: and surrprisingly not from being irritated

IC:

*Spoken in a dry but well educated voice*

"You have asked for support from House Redoran against the vessel of Azura."

"I am here to listen to your proposal."  (clearly he is not very happy with having been kept waiting for so long).
Edit: OOC: This could take a while, somone is rather busy tonight it seems wink.gif

*




"Yes, yes. It is a very busy time here, and you have come right in the middle of it. I hope you weren't waiting too long, but by the sound of your voice, you need more patience." Said Helseth in a fairly frank matter.

"Now, my proposal. As you are aware, there is a Nord Barmaid - Loranna - travelling through Vvardenfell thinking she is embodies Azura, or some nonsense. This has disrupted the area somewhat, and threatened the well being of Morrowind's people. We must present a united front against this 'cult' so when the final hammer falls, they will have nowhere to turn. I do not wish to make a martyr of her, which is why I am asking for the Great House support. The only thing I ask is that you do not support Loranna and her followers, and pull out any support already supplied. Also, you do not have to supply any troops for our cause, however, if you wish to, they will be welcomed.

"How does this sound to you, my good man?"

Posted by: B Jan 14 2005, 01:42 PM

Vivec

The ships had landed. As he looked around, B felt a great sense of wonder, as if something significant might occur here.

The road they were traveling was a long one. It was like how hed been taught:

The brittle is easily shattered,
and the small is easily scattered.
Great trees grow from the smallest shoots;
a terraced garden, from a pile of earth,
and a journey of a thousand miles
begins by taking the initial step.

B had taken his initial step long ago. It really was a long road, but the journey was almost at an end.

The Psijic raised his hood up over his head and slipped off into the streets.

Posted by: Arynel Jan 14 2005, 04:06 PM

Arynel sat beneath a tree outside of Vivec City.

The Breton summoned up a lute, and began to play:

So we come to this at last
The place where pilgrims end their paths
Come do we to city divine
End of paths to decide
As the road goes ever on
Leading each note in the song
So we reach a destination
The place of hallowed condemnation...


Posted by: Draak Jan 14 2005, 08:01 PM

Ebonheart:


QUOTE(Attrebus @ Jan 14 2005, 06:02 AM)

"Yes, yes. It is a very busy time here, and you have come right in the middle of it. I hope you weren't waiting too long, but by the sound of your voice, you need more patience." Said Helseth in a fairly frank matter.

"Now, my proposal. As you are aware, there is a Nord Barmaid - Loranna - travelling through Vvardenfell thinking she is embodies Azura, or some nonsense. This has disrupted the area somewhat, and threatened the well being of Morrowind's people. We must present a united front against this 'cult' so when the final hammer falls, they will have nowhere to turn. I do not wish to make a martyr of her, which is why I am asking for the Great House support. The only thing I ask is that you do not support Loranna and her followers, and pull out any support already supplied. Also, you do not have to supply any troops for our cause, however, if you wish to, they will be welcomed.

"How does this sound to you, my good man?"

*





"Humm, well, if all you wanted to know was where House Redoran stood."

*He takes a deep breath and opens his mouth to speak*
*A Guard Enters*

"My Lords.....*pause* Excuse me, but, I have just recieved a message of a rather strange nature. There has been some sort of announcement by this Incarnate/maid-person that she intends to be placed on trial..... In Vivec."

* The Altmer with glowing red eyes looks up towards the guard then back to Helseth *

*His face a stone*
"Well this has just taken an interesting turn"
"That is either the most idiotic maneuver ever or the most brilliant"

Watching for Helseths reaction he thinks 'well my little trip here might not be totaly wasted this comeing look should be priceless'

Posted by: Aki Jan 14 2005, 10:17 PM

Even with the sounds of the parade, the sound of marching armor clad soldiers was easily heard. A troop of black armored soldiers aproached the Incarnate's Parade. There was at the most, fifty. The footsoldiers of the group, the swordsmen and halberdirs, were covered from head to toe in black armor, similar to steel, but glossy black, streamlined, glittering with enchantment, and much stronger. The only soldiers without this full-body armor were the archers, who each had suits of some sort of grey leather and portions of the Black Plate Armor the footsoldiers wore. This plate only covered their heads and chests. Allowing them some protection, without restricting movement in the least.

At the head of the group was a Breton man, with ice blue eyes and dark hair, he was clad in the full body armor of the footsoldiers, with the notable exception of his helmet. In his right hand was a Ebony Katana. In his right hand a scroll. The Breton was Tarenen, the soldiers were the Hunters.

"Loranna Pyrell, it has come to our knowledge that a group of men, mer and betmer travelled with you through Skyrim. In this journey, your party engaged and destroyed a Troop of my Association's. I have been dispatched to enact justice on those responsible for this slaughter.
You will surrender the following persons." Tarenen called out, a spell was used to enhance the volume of his voice. So that he would be heard over the citizens of Vivec. He then proceeded to read off descriptions of every person who had travelled with Loranna through Skyrim. However, only one name was given, Reichi's.

Tarenen finished and stood, unmoving, his face a emotionless blank slate. He knew that if worse came to worse he would have to face the temple. But he wasn't terribly worried. This troop, unlike the one in Skyrim had been equiped to deal with the respective members of Loranna's party. They were the best, and equiped with the best. Tarenen himself had a few aces up his sleeve as well.
-------------------------------------------------------

Reichi stepped forward, into the empty space that had formed between the citizenry, the parade, and the Hunters. He drew his Daedric Shortblade, and Stalhrim dagger. He said nothing, but his actions suggested he would not go peacably.

Posted by: Arynel Jan 14 2005, 10:33 PM



Seeing the group of soldiers, Arynel got up and walked towards them. The Breton held his arms out wide, he held no weapon in either hand.

He slowly approached, and eyed the The Breton Tarenen, and called out: "My good sir, may I inquire the motive behind these actions? I find confronting a band of commoners and peasants with armed soldiers hard to validate, and would like to hear your reasonings for this?


Posted by: Aki Jan 14 2005, 10:41 PM

Tarenen glanced at Arynel. Then his scroll, this one fit one of the descriptions. Tarenen wished Dar'var had taken time to actually get names.
"My motives? My friends were murdered, by a bunch of scoundrels and their pet Werewolf. It is my duty to enact justice." he said calmly. He raised the Ebony blade, and rested it on his shoulder. One of Mephala's artifacts.

"If you were to get in my way. I feel that it would prove haradous to your health. I only seek those i listed. All others are spared, as well as the Incarnate, for she was reported to not have taken place in the battle."


Posted by: Arynel Jan 14 2005, 10:45 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Jan 14 2005, 02:31 PM)

Tarenen glanced at Arynel. Then his scroll, this one fit one of the descriptions. Tarenen wished Dar'var had taken time to actually get names.
"My motives? My friends were murdered, by a bunch of scoundrels and their pet Werewolf. It is my duty to enact justice." he said calmly. He raised the Ebony blade, and rested it on his shoulder. One of Mephala's artifacts.

"If you were to get in my way. I feel that it would prove haradous to your health. I only seek those i listed. All others are spared, as well as the Incarnate, for she was reported to not have taken place in the battle."

*





Arynel nodded.

"Justice?" The Breton began. "Or revenge? If it is indeed justice, I would ask for an indication who gave you orders. If it is an act of revenge, then your basis for action if faulty, as your friends were the agressors in the first place, and their deaths were from an act of self defence."

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 10:49 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 14 2005, 04:35 PM)

Arynel nodded.

"Justice?"  The Breton began.  "Or revenge?  If it is indeed justice, I would ask for an indication who gave you orders.  If it is an act of revenge, then your basis for action if faulty, as your friends were the agressors in the first place, and their deaths were from an act of self defence."

*





"Yes," said Jazbet, also stepping forward. "You have given no authority, other than this nebulous 'The Association.' Hardly legal grounds, I can tell you as a representative of House Dres."


Posted by: Aki Jan 14 2005, 10:50 PM

"Heh, you are mistaken." Tarenen said, grinning now. " Actually, it was...that one." he pointed the Katana at Reichi. "...Who struck first." He was right, Reichi had struck first.

Reichi was now begining to become nervous, less nervous of the Hunter, instead he was nervous that he would be revealed. In a city like Vivec, that would be extremely bad.

Tarenen looked to Jazbet. He matched no description. "The Association, is the Werebeast hunters of Tamriel. Established to keep the Werebeast population under control. To prevent those beasts from running amok.
These people were harbouring one." he stated. "Besides, in the words of the monkey prophet Marukh, 'All are guilty until they have proven themselves innocent.' "

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 10:56 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Jan 14 2005, 04:40 PM)

Tarenen looked to Jazbet. He matched no description. "The Association, is the Werebeast hunters of Tamriel. Established to keep the Werebeast population under control. To prevent those beasts from running amok.
These people were harbouring one." he stated.

*





"I do not know this order of yours," the khajiit replied. "It is, I hope, sanctioned by the Emperor?"

Posted by: Arynel Jan 14 2005, 10:59 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Jan 14 2005, 02:40 PM)

"Heh, you are mistaken." Tarenen said, grinning now. " Actually, it was...that one." he pointed the Katana at Reichi. "...Who struck first." He was right, Reichi had struck first.

Reichi was now begining to become nervous, less nervous of the Hunter, instead he was nervous that he would be revealed. In a city like Vivec, that would be extremely bad.

Tarenen looked to Jazbet. He matched no description. "The Association, is the Werebeast hunters of Tamriel. Established to keep the Werebeast population under control. To prevent those beasts from running amok.
These people were harbouring one." he stated.

*





Arynel nodded. "Indeed, that one did strike frist." The Breton acknowledged. "However, from being with him for quite some time, I do not believe him to be one to strike without provication. The question arises concerning what your friends were doing, for what purposes did they venture into the bitter cold waistes of Skyrim, armed, after the group?"

He leaned in and whispered to Tarenen.

"If this was a part of their goal to prevent werebeast from running amok, as you say, then I should have you know that one has a ring that enables him to control his transformation, and ending his life for this reason I find difficult to justify."


Posted by: Aki Jan 14 2005, 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Jan 14 2005, 04:49 PM)

Arynel nodded.  "Indeed, that one did strike frist."  The Breton acknowledged.  "However, from being with him for quite some time, I do not believe him to be one to strike without provication.  The question arises concerning what your friends were doing, for what purposes did they venture into the bitter cold waistes of Skyrim, armed, after the group?"

He leaned in and whispered to Tarenen.

"If this was a part of their goal to prevent werebeast from running amok, as you say, then I should have you know that one has a ring that enables him to control his transformation, and ending his life for this reason I find difficult to justify."

*





"He should have mentioned this ring before he attacked. However, that cannot be changed. What they WERE doing was weeding out Werebeasts.
Your friend is one. When the group moved to take him, there was a battle."Tarenen said to Arynel, then glanced at Jazbet. "It is as sanctioned as any of the Imperial guilds located in the Foreign Quarter. Or antywhere else for that matter."

Reichi however, felt the need to whack Arynel with a brick for revealing him. Instead he decided to mutter about curses about Breton Bards with big mouths.

Posted by: Arynel Jan 14 2005, 11:13 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Jan 14 2005, 02:57 PM)

"He should have mentioned this ring before he attacked. However, that cannot be changed. What they WERE doing was weeding out Werebeasts.
Your friend is one. When the group moved to take him, there was a battle."Tarenen said to Arynel, then glanced at Jazbet. "It is as sanctioned as any of the Imperial guilds located in the Foreign Quarter. Or antywhere else for that matter."

Reichi however, felt the need to whack Arynel with a brick for revealing him. Instead he decided to mutter about curses about Breton Bards with big mouths.

*





"I do not claim to know the workings and beliefs of your Association." Arynel began. "From what I am hearing, though, I am inclined to believe the goal of the group is at best to protect civilians from the dangers of werebeast, and at worst fullfillment of hatred towards said creatures. You cannot justify killing this one for the sake of protection, because his ability to control his tranformation prevents him from being a harm to society, any more so than any mage with a summoning spell. If you are acting to fullfill a hatred towards these creatures, I ask you to consider the reasonings for this hatred, and consider whether it is indeed well founded."

Arynel turned, and began to walk away, saying: "I wish to take no part in this, I have seen too much slaughter already."

Posted by: Aki Jan 14 2005, 11:15 PM

Tarenen didn't seem to be affected in the least by Arynel's words. He was going through with his orders. Not doing so tended to result in him not getting paid, probably fired, and perhaps something worse.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 11:19 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Jan 14 2005, 04:57 PM)

Tarenen said to Arynel, then glanced at Jazbet. "It is as sanctioned as any of the Imperial guilds located in the Foreign Quarter. Or antywhere else for that matter."

*





"Then it would be proper for you to appeal your case directly to the Temple," said Jazbet. "It is for them to determine whether to give the accused sanctuary or not, if he desires it."


Posted by: Aki Jan 14 2005, 11:26 PM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 14 2005, 05:09 PM)

"Then it would be proper for you to appeal your case directly to the Temple," said Jazbet. "It is for them to determine whether to give the accused sanctuary or not, if he desires it."

*





Tarenen frowned. " Very well then. How would we go about this then?" he asked. Even if sanctuary was given, he would at least get the Werewolf. Then at least his orders would partially be complete.

Reichi however, doubted any chance of sanctuary, the Temple was not known to be essecially forgiving on supernatural creatures. I should be thankful im no Vampire...heh, THAT wouldn't have gone over well.

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 11:30 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Jan 14 2005, 05:16 PM)

Tarenen frowned. " Very well then. How would we go about this then?" he asked. Even if sanctuary was given, he would at least get the Werewolf. Then at least his orders would partially be complete.

*





"Hall of Wisdom in the Temple Canton, straight ahead, you can't miss it," smiled Jazbet. "Has a big rock hanging above it."


Posted by: Aki Jan 14 2005, 11:37 PM

Tarenen turned and headed for the hall. Soon the group was out of site, apparently having gone into the hall. Inside the soldiers marched about, looking for where to make the appeal. Eventually however, they found the Office of the watch. Tarenen burst in, without so much as knocking and demanded to see who was in charge of making appeals.

Reichi meawhile, had gone to find Arynel and inform him of how exposing him in the middle of Vivec was not so smart. He was completely oblvious to a small robed figure following him about.

Posted by: Dagoth Lich Jan 14 2005, 11:47 PM

Having seen all that happened, while hiding amongst the crowd, Dagoth Lich is at last grateful, that this ordeal would soon come to an end.

'And soon it will end, the weight of Azura will be lifted off of my love's shoulders, and she will be free once more.....'

Posted by: Sheogorath Jan 14 2005, 11:49 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Jan 14 2005, 05:27 PM)

Tarenen turned and headed for the hall. Soon the group was out of site, apparently having gone into the hall. Inside the soldiers marched about, looking for where to make the appeal. Eventually however, they found the Office of the watch. Tarenen burst in, without so much as knocking and demanded to see who was in charge of making appeals.

*





"Well done, brother," said Lord Dres Wyrloc, joining his fellow knight. "It almost sounded as if you've been to Vivec before."

"Well, I've read about it. Maybe it was the Hall of Justice?" Jazbet shrugged, and smiled. "The Werebeast Hunters Of Tamriel? Appreviation: W.H.O.T.? Who knows, maybe they're legitimate. Not our problem."

Posted by: Aki Jan 15 2005, 12:06 AM

Upon finding the Bard, Reichi accosted him. "You act all wise, then you go and annouce something like that to the city of Vivec!? At least the other guy had the decency to not say that, even if he wanted me dead!"
he said, anger evident in his voice.

Posted by: Loranna Jan 15 2005, 12:12 AM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Jan 14 2005, 05:39 PM)

"Well done, brother," said Lord Dres Wyrloc, joining his fellow knight. "It almost sounded as if you've been to Vivec before."

"Well, I've read about it.  Maybe it was the Hall of Justice?" Jazbet shrugged, and smiled. "The Werebeast Hunters Of Tamriel?  Appreviation: W.H.O.T.?  Who knows, maybe they're legitimate.  Not our problem."

*





Loranna raises her eyebrows at the coming and going of W.H.O.T.'s Finest, wondering who else was going to spring out of the woodwork ...

(OOC: cute scene guys tongue.gif)

Posted by: Arynel Jan 15 2005, 12:12 AM

QUOTE(Aki @ Jan 14 2005, 03:56 PM)

Upon finding the Bard, Reichi accosted him. "You act all wise, then you go and annouce something like that to the city of Vivec!? At least the other guy had the decency to not say that, even if he wanted me dead!"
he said, anger evident in his voice.

*





Arynel turned to the Dunmer, and eyed him for a time.

"You're nervous." The Breton said at last. "If you refer to me pointing you out as the one to strike, then I will remind you that it was he who did this first, so that was already known before I spoke. If you refer to me revealing you as a werewolf, which I believe to be the case, I need remind you that those soldiers already suspected, and most whole heartedly believed, that this was the case before I said anything. If your concern is that the others know of your secret, I ask you to recall that though your ears are able to pick up a whisper, most of theirs aren't, and of those who are able, most would already know by now anyways."

Posted by: Aki Jan 15 2005, 12:26 AM

Reichi was silent for a moment. "Well...then.....gah.." he said before throwing his hands up in frustration and walking off. The robed figure that had been following him finally caught up with him and kicked him in the shin. "Where the hell have you been?" it asked. Reichi glanced down at the figure, his face no longer hidden by the robe's hood. It was a scarred Breton Boy, the scars on his face followed a claw-like design down his face. "Following the loverly parade around. With the oh so wise folks in it, Tohe." Reichi replied sarcastically.

"You know they're not gonna stop if they do grant you sanctuary right?" Tohe asked.

"Yup."

"And you're not gonna leave?"

"Not by a long shot."

"You're a fool."

"I'm tired of being hunted down. Im ending this."

"I take what i said back, you're no fool, you're a dumb spotted owl."



Posted by: Loranna Jan 15 2005, 12:32 AM

Loranna ponders matters great and small ...

... as I call for a lock on this topic tongue.gifNew topic forthcoming.

Loranna

Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)