Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format

The Elder Scrolls Forums > Elder Scrolls Lore > ...The Twisted Tower...

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 06:15 PM


<ooc> I've started a chat...http://www.chatspike.net/...and type in /join#TheTwistedTower...<ooc>

* One and Ami have recently been briefed about the goings-on in the Tower for the past several weeks, their being drilled by a Legionaire by the name of Jaxas Millenius a veteran of the Legion and the Imperial in charge of this operation...*

Jaxus: "Ok people listen up cause I only want to explain this once, Levitation is out of the question. Why? Harpies surround the upper reaches and there appear to be no windows or doorways inbetween...the three Battlemages I sent a week ago were killed attempting to invade the upper reaches, only when their bodies had been cast down by the Harpies did we learn their fate...so Levitation will prove fatal..."

" Nearly two dozen have been killed just trying to reach the first stairwell, burns covered most of their bodies and the ones that managed to survive for a short time told us of "fire Demons"...we figure Attronachs control the lower levels...although one survivor told us of "a half-man half-spider creature"...the Scholars have led me to believe that its a Spider Daedra and should be avoided if at all possible...although its also said to roam the lower reaches..."

" A handfull of the best Imperial Nightblades in all of Tamriel have just plain disappeared...if you find any alive, which is unlikely, retrieve the Stones that they carry...the were hand made by the personal Mages of the Elder Council and contain great magicka...which may or may not stop this onslaught..."

"Troopers reported seeing "drops of water" from one of the upper floors...how or why water is in this cursed place I couldn't tell ya'...just be alert..."

"A Scout by the name of Tye is somewhere inside of this Hellhole, he uses great Illusion magicka and sends notes periodically through use of a recall spell...currently he's three floors from the chamber. His last correspondence indicated a Undead horde clogging various bottle-neck positions...he also told of a room that "makes the sight of man seem obscured and dizzy"...what that means we're not sure...he also indicated a rogue Vampire clan controlling the Undead Horde...as if things weren't bad enough now theres a bunch of Vampires for us to deal with too...may Stendarr bless us..."

" Thats all we know for know...if you learn of something new cast a mark somewhere in the camp and send a message...we'll do all we can to help you, but our resources are running thin...I've more dead and wounded than anticipated and its taking its toll...we've been sending bodies back to Cyrodiil for nearly a week now...some of the men complain that they've heard "strange" sounds of what seems to be Dwemer technology...it might be a power source or their imaginations either way I'd keep my guard up...I wish you the best of luck..."

* With that One and Ami depart from Jaxus' quarters and make their way towards the large opened Ebony doors...a thin veil of fog is visible as they approach and they can make out what appear to be figures moving among the shadows...the sky is eerily clear and Dawn has set in...One wonders what will happen upon night fully falling...they look around to see if anyone else is approaching...*

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 28 2004, 06:36 PM

The road on the border of Skyrim and Cyrodil is long, cold, and hard. Hard for horses and hard for riders and hard for anything foolish enough to traverse its weathered surface.

But today, a caravan is making the long trek over hill and under shade to the town of Elinhir.
Seven horses walk the packed ground. Two sturdy bays with a trader's wagon, a weary black carrying its rider home from Falcrenth, a wonderful team of three varying whites straining against their elegant harness, and a single grey carrying a brown-cloaked traveler.

But the caravan is halted now, as its occupants peer up through the mists of Azura's hours to gaze in wonder at the monstrosity that reaching towards the clouds of the heavens.

A single rider, of the brown cloak, breaks away, and urges her horse into a slow run, mind awash with questions, and eyes only for the tower.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 06:42 PM

Arynel finds himself in a dense fog.

"Where have my travels led me now?" The Breton asks himself.

He begins to make out other figures in the mist, and a tower.

He heads off towards one of the figures.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 06:45 PM

"So we're going to wait Master One?" Ami asked "This place gives me the creeps"

"I know Ami...somethings just not right about this place...I would say we go it alone but I think we need help on this one..."

"I agree Master One" Ami replies

*The Pair cautiously wait near the entrance...*

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 06:49 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 06:55 PM)

"So we're going to wait Master One?" Ami asked "This place gives me the creeps"

"I know Ami...somethings just not right about this place...I would say we go it alone but I think we need help on this one..."

"I agree Master One" Ami replies

*The Pair cautiously wait near the entrance...*

*





A figure in a dark grey cloak, with hood raised, appears out of the fog; wordlessly the figure looks at the tower, and then to the people gathered at the entrance ...

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 06:51 PM



Arynel appears at the entrance of the tower. The Breton's gaze scans those already there.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 06:53 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 04:01 PM)

Arynel appears at the entrance of the tower.  The Breton's gaze scans those already there.

*






"Isn't he that Bard Master One...you know the one with the interesting songs?" Ami asks

"Yes it is Ami, so we meet again...Arynel wasn't it?"

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 06:55 PM



"Yes, that is I." The Breton answers

Arynel points towards the tower: "Tis a strange place, I do not know what to make of it."

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 04:05 PM)

"Yes, that is I."  The Breton answers

Arynel points towards the tower:  "Tis a strange place, I do not know what to make of it."

*





"Nor do I...somethings really evil in there though...err...dont tell me your going in unarmed?"

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 06:56 PM

Dane rides his horse around the tower with 12 soilders

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 06:58 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 05:06 PM)

"Nor do I...somethings really evil in there though...err...dont tell me your going in unarmed?"

*





"We all have different eyes." Arynel says with a smile. "We do not all see things in the same light."

The Breton winks

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 06:59 PM

The dark-claoked hooded figure watches impassively as people gather; if he or she has any interest in the coversation between One and Arynel it doesn't show.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 04:08 PM)

"We all have different eyes."  Arynel says with a smile.  "We do not see all things in the same light."

The Breton winks

*





"You are quite the strange fellow...at least we know 1 person who's trustworthy"

*Suddenly a Large Forrest Troll bounds from one of the upper floors and lands with a great thud...upon recovering he uses blinding speed to kill 8 of the soldiers riding with Dane before being put down by Imperial arrows, a young Mage steps forward and lights the body of the Troll on fire...so that it doesn't revive...*

"Great now their throwing Trolls, Azura help us...I wonder who that guy is?" *as he looks towards the Cloaked stranger*

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 07:04 PM

The cloaked figure didn't even so much as move ... though if someone is really perceptive, they may catch the faint sound of metal being sheathed as the cloak flutters in the breeze.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 07:06 PM

Dane's horse feel to the gorund he hurried himself up picking up his sliver spear. The other four soilders foolishy ran away with fear.

"Fools! hold your ground" Dane commanded.

The four haulted as they saw the troll burn to the ground

"Trooper take this horse back to camp, you three come with me"

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 07:07 PM

Arynel eyes the mysterious, cloaked stranger.

The Breton remains silent.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:13 PM

*Night begins to set in and theres a frigid chill eminating from the Tower's entrance...*

"We're going to have move quickly...everyone else will just have to catch up..."


"Alright Ami...lets go"

*several torches light as the pair make thier way inside...*

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 07:14 PM



"And so it begins." Arynels says following One and Ami.

The Breton casts a night eye spell.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 07:16 PM

The cloaked figure watches the others enter and looks to Dane.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:19 PM

*...the hallway is barely lit and the shadows seem to be assembling in front of the pair...a hiss breaks the silence as Ami draws her Spear...a Herne is running towards the group...*

"Fantastic..."

*One readies himself for the attack...*

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 07:21 PM



"What have I gotten myself into now?" Arynel asks himself.

The Breton casts sanctuary.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 07:30 PM

As the herne approaches, a throwing knife flies toward it; should the knife connect, the herne will discover the knife was enchanted as a jinkblade.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:34 PM

*...the knife flies past Ones head as the Herne gets ready to strike, puncturing his neck and sending it screaming back to Oblivion...One and Ami cast a frost spell as they observe several Fire Attronachs coming towards the group...the pair can nearly see to the end of the hallway and to the staircase due to the Fire Attronachs light...they remain onguard looking for the aforementioned Spider Daedra...*

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 07:35 PM

"Fire atronach's, just great." Arynel says.

A rush of cold wind flows from the Breton's fingertips.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:38 PM

* As Fire Attronachs fall all around them the room begins to get lighter and lighter as more and more Daedra fall...a large web can be seen at the end of the hallway...nearly right in front of the stairway...the Spider Daedra remains to be seen...a skeleton appears to have been caught in the web...it wears Imperial sigil...*

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 07:40 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 07:48 PM)

* As Fire Attronachs fall all around them the room begins to get lighter and lighter as more and more Daedra fall...a large web can be seen at the end of the hallway...nearly right in front of the stairway...the Spider Daedra remains to be seen...*

*





The cloaked figure picks up the throwing jinkblade and turns to look at the web, head tilted slightly to the left.

After looking the skeleton up and down, the figure turns to look at One, Ami, and Arynel.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 07:40 PM



With a wave of the Breton's arm, Arynel's figure fades.

He can no longer be seen.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:43 PM

*Having destroyed the onslaught of Fire Daedra the group looks to the web...*

"Wait...we cant continue until we know if the remains are of the missing Nightblades...watch for that Spider Daedra Ami.."

*Ami nods in agreement...*

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 07:45 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 28 2004, 06:26 PM)

The cloaked figure watches the others enter and looks to Dane.

*





Dane looks to the shawdowy figure then turns to his men.

"lets move"

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 07:46 PM

A purple glow forms around the skeleton. It begins to rise from the web, pulling sticky tendrils of webbing with it...

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:49 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 04:56 PM)

A purple glow forms around the skeleton.  It begins to rise from the web, pulling sticky tendrils of webbing with it...





"Good thinking Arynel..."

"M-M-Master One" Ami says


*the Spider Daedra has swung down from the roof and now blocks the advancing group from the entrance...One can see Dane and his men moving forward...*

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 07:50 PM

they walked in the tower. The group heard some fighting go on.

"At arms men" they bagan to walk into the direction of the noise. the walked into an round room where a Lighting Attronach appered. "Move!" the Attronach shoot an trooper with a lighting spell "Arrows" the other two shot simutianlsy at the Attronach but with no luck Dane charged at it throwing his spear at the head then unsheathing his ebony broadsword which landed in the Attronach chest killing it. Dane sighed as he saw his dead trooper "Lets move, stay close"

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 07:51 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 07:59 PM)

"Good thinking Arynel..."

"M-M-Master One" Ami says
*the Spider Daedra has swung down from the roof and now blocks the advancing group from the entrance...One can see Dane and his men moving forward...*

*





The throwing jinkblade cuts through the air again, aimed for the Spider Daedra's human torso. Dane can see the cloaked figure's hand move back down as it completes the throw.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 07:53 PM

The skeleton, surrounded by a purple aura, is flung full speed towards the spider daedra.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:53 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 28 2004, 05:01 PM)

The throwing jinkblade cuts through the air again, aimed for the Spider Daedra's human torso.  Dane can see the cloaked figure's hand move back down as it completes the throw.

*






*The Spider Daedra dodges the oncoming knife and leaps onto the wall just barely being missed by the flung skeleton...it sends a poison spell hurling toward the stranger...*

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 07:55 PM



There is a flash of green light as the poison spell is reflected back towards its caster.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:56 PM

"I do hope that wasn't one of the Nightblades you just threw at that monster Arynel..."

*Using a detect enchantment spell One quickly determines that the skeleton has nothing of magicka on it...*

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 07:57 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 05:05 PM)

There is a flash of green light as the poison spell is reflected back towards its caster.

*





*The Spell hits the Spider Daedra in the Torso and it cringes slightly, it moves along the wall and prepares another attack...*

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 08:00 PM

The atmosphere wavers and Arynel's form appears in the center of the room.

The Breton casts a sheild spell.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 08:00 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 08:07 PM)

*The Spell hits the Spider Daedra in the Torso and it cringes slightly, it moves along the wall and prepares another attack...*

*





As the spider moves across the wall, the cloaked figure suddenly moves, in near unnatural silence.

In the space of a few steps, the figure reaches the wall, runs up the wall a couple feet, leaps off, and a flash of steel snakes out at the Spider Daedra's neck, before the figure lands next to the opposite wall and turns to face the monster.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 08:01 PM

Dane stopped "I can't risk anymore men you two go back to camp and call for reinforccemt, you know the way back?" "Yes sir" After a few minutes after they departed Dane heard two faint screams "No.."

occ: Dane is seperated from the rest of the group when he first entered the tower, sorry if i confused anyone

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 08:02 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 28 2004, 05:10 PM)

As the spider moves across the wall, the cloaked figure suddenly moves, in near unnatural silence.

In the space of a few steps, the figure reaches the wall, runs up the wall a couple feet, leaps off, and a flash of steel snakes out at the Spider Daedra's neck, before the figure lands next to the opposite wall and turns to face the monster.

*






*The Spider Daedra lets out a unnatural scream and attempts to retaliate against its attacker...the wound from its neck seeping poison...*

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 08:05 PM



Stretching forth his arms, the Breton sends a paralyses spell towards the spider daedra.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 08:06 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 08:12 PM)

*The Spider Daedra lets out a unnatural scream and attempts to retaliate against its attacker...the wound from its neck seeping poison...*

*





The cloaked figure sidesteps one arachnid leg but is forced to parry the second; being already against the wall there is little room for the figure in which to move ...

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 08:07 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 28 2004, 05:16 PM)

The cloaked figure sidesteps one arachnid leg but is forced to parry the second; being already against the wall there is little room for the figure in which to move ...

*






*Arynels Spell stops the Spider Daedra cold in its tracks...just before it makes its strike against the stranger...*

 

Posted by: SEKKA Oct 28 2004, 08:10 PM

From the stairway members of the party can hear a voice...or was it several..."where did he take them...they were ugly anyway..no i MUST have them..."and the voice fades.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 08:11 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 08:17 PM)

*Arynels Spell stops the Spider Daedra cold in its tracks...just before it makes its strike against the stranger...*

*





The cloaked figure moves away from the striking legs, and presses forward to push a bloodied short blade into the daedra's heart.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 08:13 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 28 2004, 05:21 PM)

The cloaked figure moves away from the striking legs, and presses forward to push a bloodied short blade into the daedra's heart.





*Almost instantly the Spider Daedra is sent screaming back to Oblivion...*


+ From the Entrance to the first stairwell is now clear...anybody joining from this point on will be able to move on to the second floor...I'll return after I satisfy my hunger...+

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 08:15 PM

Dane stumbles near a stairwell an sees a group of people he readies his swords but then recognizes them "Are we to go up?"

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 08:16 PM



"I suppose we are." Arynel answers Dane. "You go first..."

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 08:17 PM

A tall Nord-like figure walks slowly towards the encampment near the huge tower. He wore white clothes except for Indoril cuirass and pauldrons and a cloak made from the pelts of snow wolves. He approaches and boldly enters what appears to be the quarters of the encampment's commander and demands to know the purpose of this tower.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 08:17 PM

The knight smiles then looks up the stairs "Here we go" He takes a toruch from the wall to brighten the view

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 08:19 PM

Arynel looks around at the others.

"I'm afraid I may have gotten myself into a spot more than a bard is made for. Perhaps I will return, for now though, I leave you to your fate."

The Breton vanishes in a flash of purple light.

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:21 PM

There is a sound, like thunder, like laugher; it echoes through the halls of the tower, shaking loose stones.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 08:22 PM

The cloaked figure regards everyone cooly for a moment, then follows Dane.

 

Posted by: SEKKA Oct 28 2004, 08:23 PM

"...i hear them..BLOOD WILL DECORATE MY SWORD...we must find them...dont be rash her...shut up..." the voices fade before anyone can see the speaker.

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:23 PM

The torch is blown out, as if a sudden gust of wind had passed by.

Thunder echoes in the tower...or is it laugher?

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 28 2004, 08:24 PM

There is a great clatter upon the first stairway, and a mounted rider appears. With a great swing she is free of the saddle, and striding towards the group. The horse slowly walks away.
"Apologies friends", she speaks,"I didn't know we were due for another party."

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 08:28 PM

QUOTE(Chex @ Oct 28 2004, 08:34 PM)

There is a great clatter upon the first stairway, and a mounted rider appears. With a great swing she is free of the saddle, and striding towards the group. The horse slowly walks away.
"Apologies friends", she speaks,"I didn't know we were due for another party."

*





The cloaked figure casts a small light spell, and then looks at the newcomer and those already present, as though to ask 'You All Know One Another?' before turing to look ahead.

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:30 PM

In the surrounding shadows, there is a sound like the wind; it whispers, but the words are unknowable.

 

Posted by: SEKKA Oct 28 2004, 08:31 PM

a scamp screams in a corner...and a angry voice echos" you were the one were you not...BLOOD...you cant threagten a daedra you twit they just com back anyway...no i wont banish..i will torture and...you took it for him when i was sleeping you dirty daedra..." another scamp scream and there is silence..." the shadowy figure dashes off in complete silence

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:33 PM

The wind whispers become clearer:

Why do you not dispair?

An eerie chill falls upon the area.

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 28 2004, 08:35 PM

She smiles cockily at the voice, and speaks softly.
"As you may sometimes praise the fox or hare, admiring its cunning and speed, and lamenting as the hounds tear its flesh, so do we sometimes admire our prey, and secretly applaud when it cheats our snares or eludes pursuit."

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 08:35 PM

The cloaked figure ignores the wind; the answer he or she would give would probably not satisy anyway, so why bother giving it?

Short blade unsheathed but hidden under the cloak, the figure advances forward, waiting for the next monster to jump out and attack. Monsters of the mind hold no fear ...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 08:36 PM

Reichi ran towards the tower.He could hear them their armor clattering together, the thud of hooves on the dirt.He could see them now.Thier distinctive silver amror, each wore a diffrent helm, and all were armed with silver spears.Reichi ran faster."Almsost..almost..."he mumbled.He reahced the door of the tower and rushed it, then pulled it shut.A loud thud followed as one of the hunters slammed into it.

"HAH!"Reichi said smugly and turned to look where he was in."Oh...this may just be worse..."he continued through the tower.There were bodies, several imperial soldiers, many many atronachs, and a spider daedra.Reichi shuddered and gave the spider a wide berth.He hated spiders.He noticed a group of people ahead and stopped.Perhaps they could see him.Perhaps not.Reichi waited and watched, trying to figure out why they awere here.He clutched Frostgore tightly.

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:37 PM

A young Breton girl, graced with soft brown hair, steps out of the shadows.

"He-hello. Oh, but I've been trapped in this tower for so long now, it's been simply dreadfull. Are you here to rescue me?"

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 08:38 PM

QUOTE(Dumbkid @ Oct 28 2004, 08:47 PM)

A young Breton girl, graced with soft brown hair, steps out of the shadows.

"He-hello.  Oh, but I've been trapped in this tower for so long now, it's been simply dreadfull.  Are you here to rescue me?"

*





If anyone is good at reading body language, the cloaked figure's posture suggests an answer of 'No, Not Really'

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:39 PM

"Please, can't someone help a poor Breton lass?"

The girl pleads with her hands out towards the others, like a beggar.

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 28 2004, 08:39 PM

*The fighter blinks, suprised, and slightly annoyed, that this child has appeared to interrupt her speech.*

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 08:44 PM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 28 2004, 05:27 PM)

A tall Nord-like figure walks slowly towards the encampment near the huge tower. He wore white clothes except for Indoril cuirass and pauldrons and a cloak made from the pelts of snow wolves. He approaches and boldly enters what appears to be the quarters of the encampment's commander and demands to know the purpose of this tower.

*





*Outside in the Imperial encampment...*

"Look I've already told you, the Tower appeared out of nowhere its now crawling with Daedra, theres a crazy Necromancer inside doing who knows what and a group of adventurers just went in..." Jaxas replied

*A note appears on Jaxas' desk...it reads "We've cleared the first floor and are proceeding to the second...you can retrieve your dead now...wish us luck and I'll keep you posted- One"...*

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 08:44 PM

Reichi looked at the gathered, he could make out two he recognized.The Breton Bard and the Redgaurd, the one who had shot a spell at him.But that wa sjust a mistake no?had he known he wouldn't have fired at a friend right?

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:45 PM

"Oh please, isn't someone here kind enough to aid a poor girl like me."

The Breton is on her knees now, begging.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 08:47 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 28 2004, 05:54 PM)

Reichi looked at the gathered, he could make out two he recognized.The Breton Bard and the Redgaurd, the one who had shot a spell at him.But that wa sjust a mistake no?had he known he wouldn't have fired at a friend right?

*





"There it is again...that same feeling I had at the Tavern...hmm...well you are quite good Whitewolf...perhaps you'll come in handy...or die the same as the rest of us..."

"M-Master One...what about this girl and those sounds?" Ami inquired

*One doesn't answer as he's now trying to analize this young Breton girl...he ignores whoever's been screaming at Daedra...*

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 08:48 PM

Reichi sighed inwardly before stepping forward into view."I'll help ya girl."he said, one eye on the girl and the other on the group.If anyone made a move at him he could quickly counter.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 08:49 PM

Sigurshrun, with a severe look about his face, walks a leisurely pace towards the large ebony doors, opening and walking inside. He notices many slain legionnaires and otherworldly beings and he smells death in the air...though he can tell the legionnaires weren't the cause of the slain beings from Oblivion...he hears noise and movement up ahead and proceeds in the direction seeing the silhouette of a small group of people.

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:49 PM



"Oh thank you kindly." The Breton girl says to Reichi. "Come closer, I feel I'm about to faint..."

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 08:49 PM

QUOTE(Dumbkid @ Oct 28 2004, 08:55 PM)

"Oh please, isn't someone here kind enough to aid a poor girl like me."

The Breton is on her knees now, begging.





The cloaked figure walks over to the begging girl, and the clank of metal hitting the ground can be heard. A silver dagger now lies before the girl.

With a vague gesture toward the door through which they all came, another light spell flares into being; the cloaked figure begins moving back the way everyone was advancing to begin with.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Dumbkid @ Oct 28 2004, 08:59 PM)

"Oh thank you kindly."  The Breton girl says to Reichi.  "Come closer, I feel I'm about to faint..."

*




Reichi didn't move closer but stood in place and raised a eyebrow."Lay down then.I don't have anything to prevent fainting."

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 28 2004, 08:59 PM)

The cloaked figure walks over to the begging girl, and the clank of metal hitting the ground can be heard.  A silver dagger now lies before the girl.

*





There is a sound like thunder; like laugher.

The Breton girl clutches the dagger with her long, nimble fingers.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 08:51 PM

QUOTE(Dumbkid @ Oct 28 2004, 05:59 PM)

"Oh thank you kindly."  The Breton girl says to Reichi.  "Come closer, I feel I'm about to faint..."

*





"So he did survive...interesting..."

"Ami whatever you do pay close attention to this girl...I feel something strange coming from her..."

"Right Master One" Ami said

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 08:52 PM

With an almost effortless bound Sigurshrun is a few feet behind the group, he laughs but with no cheer, "so this is the best group those pathetic Imperials could muster to come in here?"

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 08:52 PM

QUOTE(Dumbkid @ Oct 28 2004, 09:00 PM)

There is a sound like thunder; like laugher.

The Breton girl clutches the dagger with her long, nimble fingers.

*





The dagger promptly sit in the girl's hands, being silvery and pointy like daggers are wont to be.

The cloaked figure is moving ahead ...

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 08:54 PM



The Breton girl rises to follow...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 08:55 PM

Reichi also follows, he looks over his shoulder.Why hadn't the hunters followed?Maybe they had turned back?Or they were being very stealthy.

 

Posted by: Sheogorath Oct 28 2004, 08:55 PM

A childís voice can be heard singing through the walls:

Itís a funhouse, a madhouse, a palace of magical sin
But beware you leave nothing behind
For if you go back through the way you came in
The Dam Dog will swallow your mind.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 08:56 PM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 28 2004, 06:02 PM)

With an almost effortless bound Sigurshrun is a few feet behind the group, he laughs but with no cheer, "so this is the best group those pathetic Imperials could muster to come in here?"

*





*One ignores the mindless ramblings of the groups newest member and looks skeptically at Reichi...he then proceeds down the hallway following the Stranger...*

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 08:57 PM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Oct 28 2004, 09:05 PM)

A childís voice can be heard singing through the walls:

Itís a funhouse, a madhouse, a palace of magical sin
But beware you leave nothing behind
For if you go back through the way you came in
The Dam Dog will swallow your mind.

*





Reichi listened to the odd song.He knew what 'Damn dog' ment.The mad god.Of all the hiding places he chose a Sheogorath shrine.Wonderful.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 09:00 PM

Dane saw bright red eyes at the top of the stair well What is that he thought

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 09:00 PM

QUOTE(Sheogorath @ Oct 28 2004, 06:05 PM)

A childís voice can be heard singing through the walls:

Itís a funhouse, a madhouse, a palace of magical sin
But beware you leave nothing behind
For if you go back through the way you came in
The Dam Dog will swallow your mind.

*






*The song flows through the Young Girls head and causes her eyes to go bright red if only for a second...The Girls not sure if any seen her, but makes a evil grin quite visible...*

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 28 2004, 09:05 PM

The nord woman scrutinizes the child, then calmly walks up the stairs, drawing her sword as she does so.
"I suppose we'll need a new way out then."

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 09:05 PM

Dane looked back at Sigurshrun Who is this, is he even real? he gripped his sword still looking at Sigurshrun as if he was a ghost

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 09:05 PM

Sigurshrun hears the childlike singing through the walls...placing his hand on the hilt of his broadsword ready to draw it, the sound sickened him but he knew not why.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 09:07 PM

* The girl stops as the group walk past her, turning One see's her eyes flash bright red and shadows begin to surround her...when the shadows lift the group learns that it was no girl at all, but a Mummy using Illusion...it raises its arms and comes towards the group...*

"Ami watch yourself...several diseases come from those foolish enough to come across a Mummy..."

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 09:09 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 09:17 PM)

* The girl stops as the group walk past her, turning One see's her eyes flash bright red and shadows begin to surround her...when the shadows lift the group learns that it was no girl at all, but a Mummy using Illusion...it raises its arms and comes towards the group...*

*





The cloaked figure raises a hand, a soft glow indicating magic in use; the silver dagger the figure had offered is gripped in a telekenesis spell and sails toward the mummy, seeking to tear a hole in something vital.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 09:09 PM

Sigurshrun's eyes flash with a brief glint of light. He drew his sword and a pulse of destructive magicka flew from it at the approaching mummy.

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 28 2004, 09:10 PM

The woman waits patiently, her eyes on the way ahead as her companions battle.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 09:10 PM

Reichi leapt at the mummy, and slashed wildly several time with Frostgore as he landed in front of it.

 

Posted by: SEKKA Oct 28 2004, 09:11 PM

A sound like that of a skirmish is heard somewhere in the dark room... and a the voices are heard again "Stop killing them we neeed to find out where ...he...put them...please can we just leave you are better withought them, you snuck up on...BLOOD WILL FLOW..." once again a shadow runs along a far wall.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 09:12 PM

*The groups combined efforts bring the Mummy to its knees with relative ease, One casts the final fire spell which sends the Mummy to its final resting place...the silver dagger still sticking out of its head...*

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 09:14 PM

Dane was about to help but sought that the mummy was killed by a fire spell "The second floor is ahead we must make haste"

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 09:14 PM

Sigurshrun, calmly: "I hope this place can present more powerful things than that within its walls." Without moving his head his eyes gaze from person to person in the group examining them.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 09:14 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 09:22 PM)

*The groups combined efforts  bring the Mummy to its knees with relative ease, One casts the final fire spell which sends the Mummy to its final resting place...the silver dagger still sticking out of its head...*

*





The dagger floats to the cloaked figure's outstretched hand and disappears under the folds of the cloak; the figure never once looked back at the mummy, nor turned from his or her forward march.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 09:16 PM

Reichi gives the mummy a final kick before turning to continue moving.He begins following the group, staying towards the middle.The middle was always the safest place.

 

Posted by: Dumbkid Oct 28 2004, 09:17 PM

Of all strange things that ever there were...

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 09:18 PM

Sigurshrun hears the continuing song of the demented god in his mind..but ignoring it for the moment...he continues walking with the group a few steps behind, slowly and casually.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 09:19 PM

Dane saw dead bodies from the first squad who tried to reach the second floor

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 09:20 PM

Soft footsteps echo from behind.

Arynel appears.

"I haven't missed much, have I?"

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 09:22 PM

Sigurshrun glances over his shoulder at Arynel, "State your name peasant."

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 09:23 PM



"I am none but a traveler, and a bard." Arynel says. "I would appreciate your name though."

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 09:24 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 09:30 PM)

"I haven't missed much, have I?"

*




"Nothing much." Reichi says.Still moving forward.The absence of the hunters was... disturbing.Reichi didn't want to risk stopping to long in this place.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 09:26 PM

Sigurshrun gives a cold stare while walking, "I am Sigurshrun...and that is all you need to know of me." He sheaths his broadsword.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 09:27 PM

The cloaked figure glances back, as though wondering if everyone is more interested in talkng or pressing onward.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 09:30 PM

"For all its horror," Arynel begins. "There is a certain nostalgia to this place, as if from a twisted childhood."

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 09:31 PM

Reichi follows behind the cloaked figure.Something was disturbing about this place.He knew the Hunters had followed him in.There would be no way they would give up the hunt.But where were they?

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 09:32 PM

Sigurshrun's eyes glow faintly, "there is something foul up ahead" with unnatural speed he leaps forward out of sight.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 09:32 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 09:40 PM)

"For all its horror,"  Arynel begins.  "There is a certain nostalgia to this place, as if from a twisted childhood."

*





The cloaked figure looks toward Arynel for a second, the turns away, hooded head bowed thoughtfully.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 09:33 PM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 28 2004, 07:42 PM)

Sigurshrun's eyes glow faintly, "there is something foul up ahead" with unnatural speed he leaps forward out of sight.

*





"Ah, see the fool charge forward to his doom." Arynel says, watching Sigurshrun run ahead.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 09:40 PM

Suddenly two spears whistled through the air, one after Reichi and another after Sigurshrun.Reichi jumped out of the way, as the spear hit the floor it stuck in the Daedric stone.Two of the hunters charge out.One after Reichi and one after Sigurshrun.

Reichi climbed to his feet to fight off the hunter.Why did they attack the nord as well....?puzzling.he thought.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 09:41 PM


Thrusting forth his hands, a paralysis spell flies from Arynel's fingers towards one of the hunters.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 28 2004, 09:45 PM

(my last post for the night)

Sigurshrun was puzzled by the attack, his eyes blazed a deep red in his anger. He lept quickly an the hunter pinning him to the ground, "you know of my bloodline then...and it will be your death". His hands became a vibrant green as he released lethal amounts of poison into the hunter blinding him...assuredly giving him a slow painful death. Sigurshrun grinned a sinister smile as he killed him, his short fangs however remained hidden in the shadow.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 09:48 PM

The cloaked figure turns around fully to look upon the now beaten hunters and their 'prey', looking slightly iritated.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 09:48 PM

The spell was absorbed by the hunter's armor.Had he not been helmed, the party could have seen a grin on the hunter's face.He struck out with a shortsword at Reichi, who parried the blow with his own weapon and then stuck at the hunter.The enchament of the blade also was absorbed, but the blade found its way into the eyehole of the helmet.The huntered screamed in agony and stumbled backwards, pulling his helmet off and clutching his bloody eye.However, removing the helmet broke the armor's full body spell protection.Reichi wasted no time and thrust the weapon's blade in the hunter's throat.Then withdrew the blade, the hunter collasped to the ground, not a single drop of blood spilled from his throat.

The frost enchantment had frozen his blood on contact.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 09:48 PM



Arynel turns to the cloaked figure.

"Who are you?" The Breton asks, his words laced with a charm spell.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 09:58 PM)

Arynel turns to the cloaked figure.

"Who are you?"  The Breton asks, his words laced with a charm spell.

*





Arynel may sense that his spell seems to have fizzled - or, more presicely, got absorbed and nullified.

Wordlessly the cloaked figure pulls out the short blade he or she used earlier and holds it up to his or her hooded face ...

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 09:54 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 28 2004, 08:03 PM)

Arynel may sense that his spell seems to have fizzled - or, more presicely, got absorbed and nullified.

Wordlessly the cloaked figure pulls out the short blade he or she used earlier and holds it up to his or her hooded face ...





The Breton watches...and waits.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 09:55 PM

Clank clank clank, another of the hiden hunters ran off.Howeve rhe was heading towards the entrance.The cowardly fool had forgotten the child's song.Soon after a scream was heard.Reichi continiued into the the tower.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 09:57 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 10:04 PM)

The Breton watches...and waits.

*





After a moment, the cloaked figure's shoulder slump almost impreceptibly, and the short blade is sheathed with a sigh of metal on leather.

With a wave of his or her hand, the cloaked figure encourages people to get moving once more.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 09:58 PM

Arynel begins moving forward, slowly.

The Breton is surrounded by the aura of a sanctuary spell.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 09:59 PM

Reichi impatiently walks faster, walking at the cloaked figure's side.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 10:04 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 28 2004, 10:09 PM)

Reichi impatiently walks faster, walking at the cloaked figure's side.

*





Soon the party comes to a juncture, the path splitting left and right. Glowing dots of red light can be faintly seen down the left, while the right sighs with the sound of a laughing breeze, carrying another song ...

The cloaked figure looks first one way than the other, weighing which potential death is more worth taking.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 10:05 PM

"Which way?" Arynel muses.

The Breton looks down first the left hall, then the right.

He does not move, but waits.

In silence.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 10:08 PM

Reichi looks down one hall then the other."Lets see...one has red lights..and that could be bad..and firey...the othe rhas laughter...and thats not very comforting....bah..."

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 10:09 PM

*Trailing behind One and Ami finally catch up to the group looking cautiously down each pathway...*

"Well Master One...which way?" Ami asks

"Laughter or fire, laughter or fire..."

*One seemingly meditates himself to another plane wherein a bright light blinds him...he again hears the voice from the Hearthfire Ball...*

"Go towards the laughter...........somethings wrong with my......................ember the Dwarven machines..........................st parts................what the he...................................its not................
............doom........................................hamber...................Gyriale.....................................................iilic Brandy..............................tones.................................Grad.............................se the S............................................ight.............rath...
................tal cham.....................................hifting...............


*In an instant hes back looking to each hallway....he ponders what he'll do...*

"We'll go towards the laughter"

*With that the group make their way towards the laughter...*

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 10:12 PM

QUOTE(One87xe @ Oct 28 2004, 10:19 PM)

*Trailing behind One and Ami finally catch up to the group looking cautiously down each pathway...*

*





The claoked figure pulls out two throwing knives, and with a quick movement sends one hurtling down each corridor. There is a thud and a screech from the left and one of the red lights vanishes; there is but the clang of metal on stone to the right ...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 10:13 PM

Reichi finally decides and walks off down the hallway with the red lights.Laughter is bad in Sheogorath's domain.It could be made to driv epeople insane or something.

The red light was very good either though....

Then the cloaked figure tossed his throwing knives down the corridors.as both corrdiors produced a result, Reich isteped back.Both were bad.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 10:14 PM

"I suppose we go left." Arynel says as the knives hit their targets. "The right seems to dead end."

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 10:15 PM

"Oh...right..."Reichi mumbled before heading towards the left corridor instead.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 10:16 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 28 2004, 10:25 PM)

"Oh...right..."Reichi mumbled before heading towards the left corridor instead.

*





The knife from the left comes hurtling back ...

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 10:17 PM



Arynel quickly casts a sanctuary spell as the knife hurdles through the air.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 10:19 PM

"#$%&."Reichi cusred as he saw the knife hurtling back.He sheilding his face with frostgore and dcuked.The dagger flew over his head.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 28 2004, 10:23 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 28 2004, 10:29 PM)

"#$%&."Reichi cusred as he saw the knife hurtling back.He sheilding his face with frostgore and dcuked.The dagger flew over his head.

*





The lcoaked figure reaches an outstreched hand, which again glows softly with magic; the throwing knife snaps neatly into his or her palm.

Gesturing for the others to go right, he or she turns down the left corridor, drawing the short blade.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 10:25 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 28 2004, 08:33 PM)

Gesturing for the others to go right, he or she turns down the left corridor, drawing the short blade.

*





"I suppose we should go right then." Arynel says flatly, staring down the left corridor.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 10:25 PM

Reichi looked confused for a moment.Then growled and turned again towards the right corridor.He charged down the corridor.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 28 2004, 10:26 PM



The Breton follows suite, still surrounded by a sanctuary spell.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 10:27 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 28 2004, 07:35 PM)

"I suppose we should go right then."  Arynel says flatly, staring down the left corridor.

*





"Agreed"

*One and Ami make their way towards the right hallway...*

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 28 2004, 10:30 PM

Dane follows the others into the right hall sword unsheathed

occ: bye guys im done for today looks like Loranna and One87xe will be the only ones here happy.gif

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 28 2004, 10:35 PM

OOc:Thats all for me tonight as well...um...just assume Reichi follows the group around ..yeah... tongue.gif

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 28 2004, 10:37 PM

<ooc>...seems everyone's gone for tonight so I'll post about what happened to them then leave this til tomorrow...<ooc>

*Before they progress any farther down the hallway a strange aura of light appears and teleports everyone back outside to the Imperial camp...stunned One looks around and finds a tattered piece of paper written in green ink at his feet...the note says "wrong way...try again--Grada"...disappointed at his first foray inside of the Tower, One and Ami ask Jaxas for a spot to rest..."Tomorrow" is all One can think of...*

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 01:04 PM

Reichi awoke in the morning.After he had gone to sleep outside the tower wher ethey had been teleported.He had a quick breakfast consiting of some bread , meat and ale that had been served at the encampment.After eating Reichi let his gaze drift back to the tower.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 03:52 PM

OOC: I'm gonna go hang out with some old high school friends for supper, but I'll be back with you all later tonight. See ya.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 29 2004, 03:58 PM

<ooc> this is actually going better than I had intended, especially for starting it on a Thursday...hopefully it goes as smooth through the rest of the story <ooc>


*After some much need rest One and Ami awake at the Imperial Camp and give an update to Jaxas...*

"Hmm...so you cleared the first floor and then got teleported back out here, right?" Jaxas asked

"Seems that way...yes"

"Did you find any of the stones?" Jaxas inquired

"Nope...not even any bodies that looked like Nightblades"

"Well somewhere among this cursed place thier bodies have the stones on them...it should be your focus to at least find one of the stones" Jaxas said

"Whats so important about these stones anyways? Weren't they made by Elder Council Mages?"

"Yes the stones were made by Council Mages...but they act more like keys...Roffa the one who brought the stone information, was semi-confused as to their intended purpose, as he got a pretty cryptic briefing about them himself...all I can say is find them as they seem to be that important, somehow connected to the Elder Scrolls...I'm a warrior and have no such knowledge about the Scrolls at all...but if the stones are connected to the Elder Scrolls it must be crucial to have them in the Empire's possession" explained Jaxas

"Will do"

*One and Ami remain at the Campsite and wait for the others to arise...*

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 05:33 PM

occ: I really like this RP good job One87xe

Dane was suprised he was back in his quaters. He walked out the camp and looked at the tower "This is gonna be tough one.." He walked back into the armory "At ease solider, I'm gonna need some more suitable weapons.." Dane took a sliver dagger and put it in his scabbard that was on his right shoulder he also suited himself in Imperial Sliver Armor "It's a good thing I brought this" he picked up his ebony spear which was a gift to him form the Emperor himself.

 

Posted by: Arrogant_Hero Oct 29 2004, 05:34 PM

The Arrogant One appears...

...covered in the finest clothes he could steal... er... find. Which includes a large, blood red, ebony sword twice his height, and length, which rests on his back, in a stealth made of gold colored, netch leather. A leather, quiver of arrows, and a bow also rest strapped to his back, and a small, forearm length, stealth lies on his hip with a strangely, shaped, golden handled, dagger resting in it.

Duríel is built like an Orc and is a few heads taller than most Nords. He has extremely, handsome features which include one blue eye, and one green eye. Although he would never say it himself, his family lineage is mixed with Dunmer and Altmer. Which would explain Duríelís strange appeal to Mers. I mean how many Redguards can get a honest compliment from a Dunmer female?

The handsome Redguard approaches the campsite with a perturbed look on his face.


"Iím late. I missed the first day."

A small smirk escapes Duríelís lips.

"Those wenches sure do know how to party."

Duríelís moment of lustful memories pass and he looks around the camp. Duríel eyes One from a distance.

"That Redguard looks familiar."

With a cocky, arrogant, stride Duríel walks around the campsite looking for allies, and pretty ladies....

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 29 2004, 06:09 PM

<ooc> three cheers for Lor on her birthday...hope its a good one...now back to the action at hand <ooc>

*One and Ami survey the entrance to the Tower...the hallways seemingly clear as they await at the entrance...they make their way down the first hallway and up the stairwell to the second floor...half expecting to see the cursed fork, One is surprised as the hallway now leads to high circular room with a spoon standing upright on the floor, surrounded by Daedric Glyphs...One begins to translate it: "...beware the fountain"?...not seeing any fountain, and not being able to go any farther, One and Ami survey the room looking for a switch or lever that will render passage...*


"Beware the fountain? What could that mean Master One?" Ami asks

"I don't know Ami...but whatever it is it cant be good"

"I dont think anything about this place is good Master One" Ami says

*Seemingly puzzled by how to get out of the room...One and Ami still search for a way to proceed...*

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 06:52 PM

Sigurshrun finds himself outside of the tower, a few yards from the front door....assuming some force teleported him outside against his will, he gave an almost demonic grimace. "So this place has more tricks than i gave it credit for...perhaps i shall venture to the top from the outside..." Standing straight up and looking at the sky, purple light surrounds his feet as he makes a leisurely float upwards.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 29 2004, 06:56 PM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 29 2004, 04:02 PM)

Sigurshrun finds himself outside of the tower, a few yards from the front door....assuming some force teleported him outside against his will, he gave an almost demonic grimace. "So this place has more tricks than i gave it credit for...perhaps i shall venture to the top from the outside..." Standing straight up and looking at the sky, purple light surrounds his feet as he makes a leisurely float upwards.

*






*The Harpies surrounding the upper reaches survey Sigurshrun as he attempts to Levitate to the top, waiting to dive-bomb him and tear him usunder as they did the other mages which attempted this route...cautiously circling they wait for the opportune moment to strike...*

 

Posted by: Arrogant_Hero Oct 29 2004, 07:08 PM

Duríel turns his attetion away from One entering the tower to look at the careless Mage as he levitates in the air...

"Fool. Those Harpies will kill him."

Duríel then crosses his arms and smirks.

"This will be interesting to watch."

After a few seconds of watching Duríel changes his mind.

"Forget it. If that fool wants to die its his problem."

Duríel then shakes his head as he enters the tower to catch up with One

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 07:16 PM

Reichi seeing the others entering the tower , Reichi followed and entered as well.He followed the path they had used before, and reached the circular room with the spoon standing upright.He noticed One and Ami in the room but disregaurded them.Kneeling down and staring a tthe spoon."Hmm?"

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 07:19 PM

"What? they left already, recruit hurry up my horse" Dane mounted his horse and rode to the tower spear first

occ:I'll be back I'm watching a movie, happy birthday Loranna

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 29 2004, 07:21 PM

*Having seemingly searched all the area in the room One and Ami look at each other in confusion...*

"So what now Master One?" Ami questions

"Hmm...well we cant go all the way back outside as you remember what happened to Dane's men...I guess we'll have to find another way"

"And what about that spoon? It's really creeping me out" Ami says

"Well lets see..."

*One steps forward and kicks the spoon over, causing it to spin on the ground in a counter-clockwise motion...the runes surrounding the spoon begin to light and One can hear what seems to be Dwemer machinery begin to take life...as the spoon turns the farthermost wall begins to rise and another hallway is exposed...the walls of this hallway shimmer with unknown magickas...*

"Well Master One...what now?" Ami asks

"We wait...I dont like the looks of that hallway at all, it might be safer if we wait for some others to catch up with us..."

*The pair wait to see if any are behind...*

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 07:27 PM

The cloaked figure from before steps out of a shadow ...

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 29 2004, 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 04:37 PM)

The cloaked figure from before steps out of a shadow ...

*





*Ami turns startled that Stranger appears out of nowhere...she also notices Reichi creeping behind them...*

*whispering* "Master One...isn't that the one from the Tavern...the wolf?" Ami asks

*Looking down the hallway they passed through One notices Reichi attempting to hide among the shadows...he also notes that he hadn't felt the presence of the Stranger before his/her sudden appearance...*

"Hmm...I guess we can proceed, at least some are behind us...keep your eyes peeled Ami, nice to see you again Stranger...say do you have a name or are you one of those strong silent types?"

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 07:34 PM

QUOTE

"Hmm...I guess we can proceed, at least some are behind us...keep your eyes peeled Ami, nice to see you again Stranger...say do you have a name or are you one of those strong silent types?"



One gets the impression that the stranger's shoulders slump slightly, and there is the hiss of metal on leather as, one again, he or she unsheathes the short blade, to hold up to his or her hooded head.

The figure sheathes the short blade with slightly more gusto than usual.

 

Posted by: One87xe Oct 29 2004, 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 04:44 PM)

One gets the impression that the stranger's shoulders slump slightly, and there is the hiss of metal on leather as, one again, he or she unsheathes the short blade, to hold up to his or her hooded head.

The figure sheathes the short blade with slightly more gusto than usual.

*





"Ok...strong silent type it is..."

*One and Ami proceed down the shimmering hallway towards the darkness...no sooner had they progressed than another large bronze door blocks their progress...*

<ooc> I'll be back shortly as life thinks it's funny to constantly harass me <ooc>

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 07:45 PM

Reichi followed them into the corridor.He looked at the bronze door.Then to frostgore.Then to the door again.Nah...its enchament aint that strong....he thought.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 07:50 PM

As Reichi and the cloaked figure step into the corridor, darkness overcomes them both, causing them to temporarily lose sight of One and Ami.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 07:59 PM

Reichi wasn't terribily perturbed by the sudden darkness.He had as both a Assassin and a Werewolf learned to work in the dark and depend on other sense than Eyesight.Still being seperated from One and Ami wasn't a good thing.At least the cloaked dude was here.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 08:03 PM

The cloaked person was minorly annoyed at the encroaching darkness; while not necessarily handicapped to any great extent by it him or herself, the others probably weren't as skilled in working blind as he or she and thus would prove to be impediments. Still, at least they were there to take any stray hits ...

The cloaked figure readies the short blade and moves forward silently ...

Reichi will feel something scuttle across his foot.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 08:13 PM

Reichi jumped back and shook his foot frantically as he felt something scuttle across his foot."What the hell was that?"he gasped.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 08:16 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 29 2004, 08:23 PM)

Reichi jumped  back and shook his foot frantically as he felt something scuttle across his foot."What the hell was that?"he gasped.

*





'That' proves to be a diseased rat, which takes offense at Aki and tries to bite him. The cloaked figure cannot be seen right now, though there is the sound of something just up ahead where he or she should be - something kind of large and gurgling ...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 08:22 PM

The rat bit into Reichi's wolf-fur boot.Reichi mumbled and curse and skewered the pest with his weapon.Then kicked its corpse away."Stupid rat."

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 08:25 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 29 2004, 08:32 PM)

The rat bit into Reichi's wolf-fur boot.Reichi mumbled and curse and skewered the pest with his weapon.Then kicked its corpse away."Stupid rat."

*





Splat! goes the rat.

Growl! goes the large toothed maw now snapping at Reichi in the darkness.

Squeal! go other rats that seem to be underfoot.

... goes the cloaked figure, who isn't even smellable at this moment - nor are One nor Ami, for that matter.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 08:30 PM

Reichi struck out blindly at the what was attacking now with his weapon."Grah!Die damnit die!"

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 08:30 PM

There is a flash of light and the Breton appears inside the tower.

He goes off to search for the others.

He hears rats...

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 08:32 PM

Dane hurries into the second floor rembering to go into the left hall he found himself in the same circular room that One and Ami were in and went into the opened passageway... spear in front

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 08:34 PM



Arynel sees Dane run by, holding a spear. The Breton follows closely behind.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 08:37 PM

Things are rather dark for Arynel and Dane; Arynel might or might not notice that something else feels funny, like something in the air isn't quite right.

Reachi feels his blade skid across tough, scaly hide and briefly the outline of a Daedroth can be seen as it charges up a poison bloom spell to hurl at the Dunmer Assassin-Wolf. A second rat tries biting at his ankle while all this happens, though in a small display of justice the third rat gets stepped on by the Daedroth and makes a satisfying splurching sound.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 08:39 PM



Arynel casts a night eye spell.

"Something's not right." The Breton whispers.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 08:43 PM

Dane sees Arynel behind him "Stay close Breton" It was slient and dark then a shadowy figured pounced on Dane

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 08:44 PM

QUOTE(niceguy5 @ Oct 29 2004, 06:53 PM)

Dane sees Arynel behind him "Stay close Breton" It was slient and dark then a shadowy figured pounced on Dane

*





"Shut your eyes!" Arynel yells.

Stretching forth his hands, the Breton sends a blinding light out from his fingers.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 08:46 PM

"AAARgh!I had enough of this!"Reichi shouted before smacking the Daedroth across the side of the head with the blunt side of the weapon.Followed by a swift kick with boot with the rat biting into it into the Daedroth's groin, reichi then stumbled back.Coughing from the poisonbloom spell.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 08:47 PM

Dane puts his hands over his eyes the blind spell made the cuture retreat back down the hall with a dreadful scream. Gasping for air "You saved me..." *gasp* "...Arynel right?"

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 08:48 PM

QUOTE(niceguy5 @ Oct 29 2004, 06:57 PM)

Dane puts his hands over his eyes the blind spell made the cuture retreat back down the hall with a dreadful scream. Gasping for air "You saved me..." *gasp* "...Arynel right?"

*





"Yes, that is my name." The Breton answers Dane. "We can't afford to stay in one place for long, we need to keep moving."

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 08:50 PM

"Yes.." Dane picks himself up seeing a few scratches on his arm then picks up his ebony spear and walks slowy in the darken hall but now with a ready-stance

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 08:51 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 29 2004, 08:56 PM)

"AAARgh!I had enough of this!"Reichi shouted before smacking the Daedroth across the side of the head with the blunt side of the weapon.Followed by a swift kick with boot with the rat biting into it into the Daedroth's groin, reichi then stumbled back.Coughing from the poisonbloom spell.

*





Reichi succeeds in annoying the Daedroth, and the creature swings a clawed hand at him while rubbing its bruised and battered head with its free hand.

Arynel's light spell reveals that the tower looks a lot larger than he or Dane might remember, almost as though the two of them were no longer adult-sized. Strange shadows are thrown by every jutting corner and for a second, Arynel could swear that the shadowy figure attacking Dane looks familiar, with a swirl of blond hair covering delicate, girlish features ...

... then whatever it is roars and casts a dsipel, before trying to savage Dane with sharp talons as the light fades ... until Dane drives it off.

(sorry; bad timing sad.gif)

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 08:56 PM

The claw tore through Reichi's cuirass like soggy papers, and left shallow cuts allong his chest.Reichi thrust Frostgore at the creature's throat.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 09:00 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 29 2004, 09:06 PM)

The claw tore through Reichi's cuirass like soggy papers, and left shallow cuts allong his chest.Reichi thrust Frostgore at the creature's throat.





The creature roars - and as it gurgles Reichi hears its dying cry come out as " ... RRRraaawwaaaaa off Harg is NOT PLEASED!"

As the Daedroth hits the ground, Reichi sees that it was, in fact, a large, familiar Nord clad in a Daedroth skin - and standing over him is the cloaked figure, hood thrown back to reveal angry Redguard features and eyes blazing with hate.

"You'll pay for that and the lump on my head pup ..." snarls Samson's voice as a silver longsword thrusts out with blinding speed ...

Should Arynel and Dane reach Reichi however, they'll see him poking at naught but shadows.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 09:03 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 07:10 PM)

Should Arynel and Dane reach Reichi however, they'll see him poking at naught but shadows.

*





Arynel rushes forward.

"What has happened here?" The Breton asks himself.

His mouth is open, as if to speak, but he has no words.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 09:14 PM

Reichi ducked the blow.That 'Harg' wasn't Harg, and Reichi knew it.Harg wouldn't use claws, he had none.Harg wouldn't use a poisonbloom, Harg would us ehis mudcrab sized fists to lay Reichi flat.Reichi rushed Samson and attacked with a chopping attack.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 09:17 PM


"I hope this works. I cannot afford to hesitate."

Thrusting forth his arms, the Breton casts a paralyzation spell.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 09:18 PM

Something caused reichi to freeze suddenly.Paralyzation, but from where?He had hear dvoices, but they were far-off.As if much farther than they really were.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 09:22 PM

Arynel recalls he left a pie in the oven

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 09:23 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 29 2004, 09:28 PM)

Something caused reichi to freeze suddenly.Paralyzation, but from where?He had hear dvoices, but they were far-off.As if much farther than they really were.

*





Arynel's spell as slightly late, as Reichi's thrust connected; Reichi sees Samson's eyes widen and start to glaze over, while Arynel sees the cloaked figure get run through from behind by Reichi's Frostgore. Either way, the cloaked figure stumbles away from Reichi and sinks to their knees ...

The smell of blood is very strong in Reichi's paraylized nostrils ...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 09:24 PM

((Um...Arynel you messed up in two places there.One the 'harg' is already dead and the still standing is samson....and um..
Well

QUOTE

Should Arynel and Dane reach Reichi however, they'll see him poking at naught but shadows.


So you wouldn't be able to tell what Reichi was attacking))

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 09:26 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 29 2004, 09:34 PM)

((Um...Arynel you messed up in two places there.One the 'harg' is already dead and the still standing is samson....and um..
Well

So you wouldn't be able to tell what Reichi was attacking))

*





Whoever the cloaked figure really is, he - or she - is looking rather hurt right now to Arynel and Reichi.

(aki, can you pop in the chat? it'll make organizing these things easier smile.gif)

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 09:27 PM

Dane was in a daze his head was spinning he couldn't see Arynel anymore and felt the walls grow bigger and him shrink

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 09:31 PM

((I don't know how to work the thing. dry.gif))

reichi might have done something other than stand there and stare.had he not bee paralyzed.howeer he was and simply stood there, staring, the first two thoughts through his mind were:

Holy crap!Its the cloaked dude!Damnit...

Man...for all the fancy dagger throwing...i sure beat him pretty quickly....

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 09:33 PM



With a wave of his arm, the Breton casts dispel at Reichi.

OOC: Go to the sticky at community discussions, go to the java chat link, type a screenname, log in, click channels, scroll down untill you see #thetwistedtower, and double click smile.gif

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 09:38 PM

The cloaked figure leans forward - and Arynel can see long silver hair fall out of the hood, and the ragged breathing that's coming from the figure sounds familiar to him ...

... and then, just as that image has enough time to register - the lights come back on; the cloaked figure is standing a good fifteen feet away, looking a bit ragged but otherwise unhurt and the same as before. Shards of metal on the floor suggest that his or her throwing knives have been busily breaking on the walls though ...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 09:38 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 29 2004, 09:43 PM)

With a wave of his arm, the Breton casts dispel at Reichi.

OOC:  Go to the sticky at community discussions, go to the java chat link, type a screenname, log in, click channels, scroll down untill you see #thetwistedtower, and double click smile.gif

*




((There was no #thetwistedtower in the list
sad.gif))

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 09:41 PM

((Found it.))

Reichi blinked.The figure had just been in front of him, now he was fifteen feet away?"Bah...this is messing with my head."Reichi mumbles.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 09:44 PM

The Breton steps forward, as if to run, but does not.

Arynel raises a hand, as if to cast a spell, but does not.

"I haven't a clue." He says at last.

He scratches his chin.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 09:45 PM

The cloaked figure slowly looks around, noting the broken knives, and his or her shoulders slump ...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 09:48 PM

Reichi looked at the broken knives."Were those your only weapons?"he asked the cloaked figure.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 09:49 PM

"Something is wrong here." Arynel begins. "I feel the mad one is behind this."

The Breton looks around at the others.

"I usually pride myself in being able to think quickly, but in this I am without...anything."

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 09:51 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 29 2004, 09:58 PM)

Reichi looked at the broken knives."Were those your only weapons?"he asked the cloaked figure.

*





In response, the cloaked figure looks at Reichi as though half expecting him to attack, but slowly draws forth a couple more throwing knives. Said throwing knives are obviously non-magical, however, unlike the jinkblade from before.

The figure holds up his or her short blade and examines the now nicked and slightly-bent blade; if people look they can see the walls look rather scratched up.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 08:01 PM)


The figure holds up his or her short blade and examines the now nicked and slightly-bent blade; if people look they can see the walls look rather scratched up.

*





"Were you attacking the wall?" Arynel asks sarcastically, examing the scratches.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 09:53 PM

"Okay...so..where to from here?"Reichi asked,"There seems to be no way but back.and headng back to the entrance is.....suicide."

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 09:56 PM



"Which is more important, life or sanity?" Arynel conjectures.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 09:58 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 29 2004, 10:03 PM)

"Were you attacking the wall?"  Arynel asks sarcastically, examing the scratches.

*





The cloaked figure glares at Arynel, but then gives a start and points at the wall.

The scratches had previously been randomly placed, as though the walls were attacked in a frenzy; now, Arynel and Reichi can see them wiggle into the shape of words ...

Come my good friends and let yourself enjoy this jest;
No one wants to be a bother, a pain, or a pest.
Of course, should you insist, I'll have to get more subtle ...
... And that, I am afraid, will be nothing but Trouble.


- S -

P.S. Sweetrolls and brandy await two floors up; be my guests and help yourselves.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 10:01 PM

Reichi read the message, and noticed the P.S."Hmm?Yeah...like we can get to them."he remarked sarcastically.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:02 PM


"I have a very bad feeling about all of this." Arynel says.

"And now I'm hungry." The Breton adds, rubbing his stomach.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 10:04 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 29 2004, 10:12 PM)

"I have a very bad feeling about all of this."  Arynel says.

"And now I'm hungry."  The Breton adds, rubbing his stomach.

*





The cloaked figure looks at Arynel and for a moment looks like he or she is considering turning around and heading back despite the danger, just to avoid being around him. He or she eventually decides to stay, however, and motions people to follow ...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 10:06 PM

Reichi having no better ideas followed the Cloaked figure.Whistling 'A Rude Song'.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:07 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 29 2004, 08:16 PM)

Reichi having no better ideas followed the Cloaked figure.Whistling 'A Rude Song'.

*





Arynel hums the song as he follows close behind.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 10:08 PM

(ahh a refreshing nap)

After levitating up a few stories, Sigurshrun notices bird-like figures swooping down from high above at incredible speed...taking them for harpies, as they were, he grinned...he unsheathed his broadsword and fired bolts of destructive magicka from it at 3 of them, though they still came. As they closed in, with a quick burst he moved himself to the outside wall of the tower and ceasing his levitation spell kicked off against it sending him as a missile towards one of the harpies, slicing his sword clean through part of one...before falling furiously back towards ground, left foot first. Any outside who saw would have thought him plummeting...though a few yards before the moment of impact his pace was greatly slowed as he softly touched down...with a smile he walked into the doors of the building, thinking that perhaps the bloodthirsty harpies would follow him to the ground and wreak havoc on the encampment.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 10:08 PM

The cloaked figure leads the group to another juncture, this time with corridors heading north and east. Thus far, no sign of One or Ami has been seen.

The cloaked figure looks down both corridors, then turns to the others as though to ask their opinions.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 10:10 PM

both corridor seemed the same this time."Hm...."Reichi mumbled looking down each one.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 10:18 PM

As Sigurshrun walks into the tower he doesn't see anyone but detects their scent in the air...he walks towards where he believes them to be, awaiting anything that may wish to step in his way.

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 10:19 PM

*A quiet, but throaty roar emerges from the left chamber, and the little light there is in the hall seem to flicker.*

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 10:21 PM

Reichi looked down at the left chamber with a raised eyebrow.He began to walk down towards it.He rembered a old saying, 'Curioussity killed the Khajiit.

Luckily, he wasn't a Khajiit.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:21 PM

Arynel shakes his head from side to side and follows behind Reichi.

"Naivety killed the werewolf." The Breton whispers.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 10:24 PM

Dane followed the group now with his spear in his right and his dager in his left

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 10:24 PM

*The chamber is dark, and there is something...breathing within.*

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 10:25 PM

"Better than standing around."Reichi said dismissly, still heading down the corridor.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 10:26 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 29 2004, 10:35 PM)

"Better than standing around."Reichi said dismissly, still heading down the corridor.





The cloaked figure draws forth a throwing knife, not wanting to abuse the poor short blade any further if avoidable.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 10:30 PM

Sigurshrun smells foul things and hears eerie noises...ignoring them he runs along the walls of the tower with great speed, following the scent of his...companions...he comes upon line-of-sight with them and with a bound leaps upon the back of Reichi and ricochets forward down the corridor, his eyes glow, "You REAK of lycanthropy, DOG."

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:31 PM



Arynel thrust forth his hands and casts paralysis at Sigurshrun.

"He's not causing any trouble." The Breton says. "But you're about to."

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 10:31 PM

*A large, winged creature hurtles itself at Reichi and his assailant, while another swings its heavy tail at the stranger's feet. A sword unsheaths in the darkness*

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 10:32 PM

Reichi twists his body as much as he can under Sigurshrun's weight to face him"As if you didn't mutt-face."he stated flatly.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 10:32 PM

Dane stopped he saw few red eyes at the end of the hall "Everyone watch out!" Dane threw his spear at the winged creature it pireced the creatures wing but it still was inflight Dane rolled out the way

(sorry bad timing)

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 10:35 PM

QUOTE(niceguy5 @ Oct 29 2004, 10:42 PM)

Dane stopped he saw few red eyes at the end of the hall "Everyone watch out!"

*





The cloaked figure is already leaping back, avoiding the tail swipe, and throwing a throwing knife at the creature making the attack.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 10:35 PM

Sigurshrun smiles grimly, resisting the spell, "I have no quarrel with him, but no association with any..." his words are cut short by the sudden appearance of the winged foe. He draws his katana and leaps above the creature's head.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:35 PM



Arynel surrounds himself with a sanctuary aura and draws a silver longsword.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 10:38 PM

With Sigurshrun finally off of him, Reichi rolled out of the Creatures path and stood.Do i have a 'Werewolf' sign tapped to my back or something?he thought before attacking the creature attacking the cloaked figure.

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 10:38 PM

*A blackend sword, followed by a skull of some sort, hurtles itself at Arynel, but hesitates. The creatures, now revealed as winged twilights, bare their fangs and ready their attack*

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:39 PM



Arynel holds up his sword, but does not attack.

"How strange..." The Breton begins.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 10:39 PM

Kicking against the ceiling of the tall corridor Sigurshrun flies back down to the beast with the point of his health absorbing enchanted katana aimed at the creature's neck

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 10:42 PM

What is going on here while the winged creature flew by Dane quickly leaped on it thursting the spear in more into the creatures belly

occ: if you don't know already, if I write in ittalics it means Dane is thinking to himself

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 10:42 PM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 29 2004, 10:49 PM)

Kicking against the ceiling of the tall corridor Sigurshrun flies back down to the beast with the point of his health absorbing enchanted katana aimed at the creature's neck

*





The cloaked figure casts a telekenesis spell to snag the thrown throwing knife, readying it for another go if need be ...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 10:47 PM

Reichi jumped on the back of the winged Twilight."Yee-HAW!"he shouted as the Twilight took off and began flying aeround, trying to shake Reichi from its back."Wahoo!"

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 10:49 PM

*The skull utters a sharp command, and the daedra disappear in a puff of smoke and a horrible smell. The thing fades back into the darkness itself, its scaled tail and robe the last to be seen. A single word echoes back to the group.*
"Filthhhy emmmpire..."
*And the only thing that can be heard is the clacking of claws upon stairs*

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:49 PM

Arynel recalls he bakes too many pies.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 10:50 PM

After killing one of the Twilights, Sigurshrun drew his broadsword and swung it in a wide circular arc about himself, encompassing everything in a 10 foot radius with destructive magicka (with no regard for whom it may strike with blade or spell)

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 10:51 PM

the daedra dispaeared from Underneath Reichi."Oh...thats no good."was all Reichi said before he fell and hit the floor with a *THUD*.

"Ow..."

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:51 PM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 29 2004, 09:00 PM)

After killing one of the Twilights, Sigurshrun drew his broadsword and swung it in a wide circular arc about himself, encompassing everything in a 10 foot radius with destructive magicka (with no regard for whom it may strike with blade or spell)

*





Waving his arms, Arynel creates a protective aura around himself.

"What are you doing?" He yells.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 10:52 PM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 29 2004, 11:00 PM)

After killing one of the Twilights, Sigurshrun drew his broadsword and swung it in a wide circular arc about himself, encompassing everything in a 10 foot radius with destructive magicka (with no regard for whom it may strike with blade or spell)

*





The cloaked figure now has a quarrel with Sigurshrun; namely the heat from the blast has set his or her cloak on fire, despite the energy directly touching the figure getting absorbed. The figure tries to put his or her cloak out ...

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 10:53 PM

Sigurshrun's magic made the winged twilight fall with Dane still riding it but the twilight cushioned his fall but he was still a little daze. The twilight was dead he took the spear out of its body the spear was covered with blood

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 09:02 PM)

The cloaked figure now has a quarrel with Sigurshrun; namely the heat from the blast has set his or her cloak on fire, despite the energy directly touching the figure getting absorbed.  The figure tries to put his or her cloak out ...





Putting his hands next to the cloak, Arynel sends a gust of frosty air from his fingers to extinguish the flames.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 10:56 PM

Sigurshrun lowers the middle of his brow, feeling no need to explain himself...torch light shines on the side of his face for the first time fully revealing his features....anyone looking may notice the Elven shaped ears with the pale Nord skin and silvery white hair (despite looking no older than 30).

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 10:56 PM

*A sharp shriek errupts from the passage they just came from, and the distinctive sounds of a person with armor stopping, dropping, and rolling can be heard.*

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 10:57 PM

QUOTE(Chex @ Oct 29 2004, 09:06 PM)

*A sharp shriek errupts from the passage they just came from, and the distinctive sounds of a person with armor stopping, dropping, and rolling can be heard.*

*





"What was that?" Arynel asks, pointing back towards where they had come from.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 10:58 PM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 29 2004, 11:06 PM)

Sigurshrun lowers the middle of his brow, feeling no need to explain himself...torch light shines on the side of his face for the first time fully revealing his features....anyone looking may notice the Elven shaped ears with the pale Nord skin and silvery white hair (despite looking no older than 30).

*





People might hear a muffled gah! from the cloaked figure as he or she gets assaulted by fire and cold in rapid succession.

Somewhere else, someone wonders if the mortals will avoid killing themselves before the rest of the evening's entertainment can be trotted out ...

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 10:58 PM

Dane waits and hears svereal foot steps he looked at the others behind him then looks back at the hall which seemed to go on forever gripping his blade. He saw the cloaked figure on fire "Someone help" sevreal other fireballs came down the hall at the group

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 10:59 PM

Sigurshrun raises his glance to see down the corridor...but can only make out a moving silhouette in the dark.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 11:01 PM

QUOTE(Chex @ Oct 29 2004, 11:06 PM)

*A sharp shriek errupts from the passage they just came from, and the distinctive sounds of a person with armor stopping, dropping, and rolling can be heard.*

*





"Oh...bloody Obilivion..."Reichi muttered."Always something."

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 11:02 PM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 29 2004, 11:09 PM)

Sigurshrun raises his glance to see down the corridor...but can only make out a moving silhouette in the dark.

*





The hooded figure turns and starts walking down the other corridor; those versed in reading body language may guess they are lucky he or she isn't throwing knives at them right now ...

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 11:06 PM

*A certain nord woman jogs up, one hand upon her sword and the other brushing soot from her robe.*
*She blinks in suprise at the gathering. Then shrugs.*
"As long as the Ogrims haven't learned to shoot fire...Say, have you folks seen a giant lizard recently?"

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 09:12 PM)

The hooded figure turns and starts walking down the other corridor; those versed in reading body language may guess they are lucky he or she isn't throwing knives at them right now ...

*





Arynel watches the hooded figure walk away.

"Do we follow?" The Breton asks.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 11:07 PM

"No lizards here...unless our cloaked friend is a Argonian, but i doubt that."Reichi responded.

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 11:13 PM

*Peers at their cloaked friend*

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 11:14 PM

Sigurshrun slowly walks by Reichi, "Tell me...wolf...what was the cause of your curse...of all these...mortals...your similarity to myself makes me find you the most...tolerable."

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 11:15 PM

"A werewolf bite.What else?"Reichi said, looking at the man.Man, this group wasn't freaking out about what he was.That meant one of two things.They were used to strange stuff, or they were dumb as dirt.Hopefullly the the first one.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 11:16 PM

The hooded person turns back around the corner ...

Anyone who goes to look now will need sharp eyes, keen ears, and possibly some magically-augmented senses to boot.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 11:18 PM

Shaking his head from side to side, Arynel races after the cloaked figure.

The Breton's body begins to fade...

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 11:19 PM

Reichi watches Arynel run after the figure.Reichi sighs and run after.Almost tempted to yell 'wait for me!'.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 11:20 PM

The Breton is now completely invisible, still racing ahead towards the mysterious cloaked figure.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 11:21 PM

Sigurshrun sees a few running towards the hooded stranger's direction and follows walking.

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 29 2004, 11:23 PM

The bite mark form the creature ealry that bite Dane was now turing purple he felt his knees on the ground and he feel to the ground paralyis "wait...for...me" he could hardly get any words out

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 11:26 PM

Sigurshrun hears the plea for help yet continues walking ahead.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 11:28 PM

Reichi heard the plea ,turned around, and ran over to Dane.He helped Dane to his feet."You okaY?"

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 11:28 PM

Arynel will see the hooded figure try to blend in with a shadow, and start looking at his or her wounds.

He will also see two shadowy hands reach out from the wall, seemingly from out of the shadow itself, and yank the hooded figure into the shadow ...

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 11:30 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 09:38 PM)

Arynel will see the hooded figure try to blend in with a shadow, and start looking at his or her wounds.

He will also see two shadowy hands reach out from the wall, seemingly from out of the shadow itself, and yank the hooded figure into the shadow ...

*





Still invisible, Arynel charges into the shadows after the hooded figure.

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 11:30 PM

*The woman watches, in awe.*
"Not my lizard then...Unless he's learned to become one with the wall..."

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 11:35 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 29 2004, 11:40 PM)

Still invisible, Arynel charges into the shadows after the hooded figure.

*





Arynel has discovered a secret door! ... as it's closing. Arynel inflicts minor damage upon himself by running into a door.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 09:45 PM)

Arynel has discovered a secret door! ... as it's closing.  Arynel inflicts minor damage upon himself by running into a door.

*





Putting his hands on the wall, Arynel casts the most power unlock spell he can muster.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 11:41 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 29 2004, 11:47 PM)

Putting his hands on the wall, Arynel casts the most power unlock spell he can muster.

*





The door clicks and slides open silently, revealing a hidden stairwell leading both up and down. Currently, there is no sign of the hooded figure, though some sounds of a struggle can be heard.

Due either to the acoustics or the inflnece of outside forces, it's impossible to tell where the sounds originate.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 11:41 PM

Reichi noticing that Dane didn't respond, drags himself along in the direction he was originally going.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 11:43 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 09:51 PM)

The door clicks and slides open silently, revealing a hidden stairwell leading both up and down.  Currently, there is no sign of the hooded figure, though some sounds of a struggle can be heard.

Due either to the acoustics or the inflnece of outside forces, it's impossible to tell where the sounds originate.

*





"Up or down?" Arynel asks himself.

"Down makes for easier travel." The Breton says at last, running down the stairs.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 11:45 PM

Sigurshrun sees where Arynel has followed down the secret door and decides to follow, hearing also the signs of struggle. He sheathes his broadsword as he enters the door ...curiously for a moment looking at the up and down stairway.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 11:45 PM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 29 2004, 11:53 PM)

"Up or down?"  Arynel asks himself. 

"Down makes for easier travel."  The Breton says at last, running down the stairs.

*





It seems that S lied; the sweetrolls were not two floors up, but rather several stairs down.

On the stairs themselves.

Glazed in syrupy sugary coating.

Placed where careless feet might step on them and slip ...

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 11:46 PM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 09:55 PM)

It seems that S lied; the sweetrolls were not two floors up, but rather several stairs down.

On the stairs themselves.

Glazed in syrupy sugary coating.

Placed where careless feet might step on them and slip ...

*





Arynel eyes the sweetrolls thoughtfully.

The Breton bends down to pick up the tray.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 11:46 PM

Reichi followed Sigurshrun into the starwell."Wow..lots of stairs.."he remarked.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 11:49 PM

Sigurshrun nimbly walked down the stairs...the smell of sweet rolls annoying his sensitive nose as he did so..

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 11:50 PM

Arynel takes a big bite out of one of the sweetrolls.

The Breton's eyelids close as he smiles with delight.

 

Posted by: Aki Oct 29 2004, 11:50 PM

Reichi followed.He too smelled the sweetrools.Mmmmm sweetrolls...

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 29 2004, 11:52 PM

*Finds herself alone*
*Jumps at a loud noise*
*Strides purposefully towards the door*

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 29 2004, 11:53 PM

QUOTE(Aki @ Oct 30 2004, 12:00 AM)

Reichi followed.He too smelled the sweetrools.Mmmmm sweetrolls...

*





Sweetrolls ... that heavenly food. Is it any wonder that the vessel of Azura Herself was in love with the delicious sweetroll? And with such a tasty glaze - so sublime, it must have been made with mind-enhancing potions ingreients and a touch of telvanni bug musk with some spice and something tantalizing yet maddeningly addicting ...

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 29 2004, 11:54 PM



Arynel finishes off the first sweetroll.

"Delicious." The Breton says, reaching for a second.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 29 2004, 11:59 PM

Sigurshrun walks up behind Arynel...eating away....he smirks at the vulnerable position Arynel leaves himself in...

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 30 2004, 12:00 AM

QUOTE(NordRogue @ Oct 29 2004, 10:09 PM)

Sigurshrun walks up behind Arynel...eating away....he smirks at the vulnerable position Arynel leaves himself in...

*





Arynel holds out the tray towards Sigurshrun.

"Take one, they're delicious." The Breton says with a smile.

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 30 2004, 12:04 AM

QUOTE(Arynel @ Oct 30 2004, 12:10 AM)

Arynel holds out the tray towards Sigurshrun.

"Take one, they're delicious."  The Breton says with a smile.

*





Pleasant-sounding female voices can be heard below, la-la-la-ing.

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 30 2004, 12:04 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 10:14 PM)

Pleasant-sounding female voices can be heard below, la-la-la-ing.

*





Arynel smiles from ear to ear. The Breton takes one last sweetroll, drops the tray, and charges down the stairs.

 

Posted by: NordRogue Oct 30 2004, 12:06 AM

(me last post of the night)

Sigurshrun looked almost sickened, "I do not find foods to be...a necessity."

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 30 2004, 12:11 AM

Downstairs, Arynel sees two comely Breton maidens - Ala and her companion. Wearing naught but simple sundress-like outfits, they laugh and wave at him, holding forth wine and sweetrolls they take from a wooden bowl sitting betwixt them.

"There you are!" Ala says coyly, pointing at Arynel with a bare, shapely foot. "We've been looking for you ..."

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 30 2004, 12:12 AM



Arynel smiles at the two Breton maidens.

"How are you Ala?" He asks. "And who is this you have with you."

 

Posted by: Chex Oct 30 2004, 12:15 AM

*Trips over the sweetroll tray on her way down*
"#@$^#@^#@^####%@$@#@!."

 

Posted by: niceguy5 Oct 30 2004, 12:17 AM

Dane woke up by himself in the dark he wanted to yell out hello but there was no one in sight. He saw a piece of candy next to him Couldn't hurt After Dane ate it he felt his arm was regaining some energy and he felt as good as ever This...candy just saved my life he stood up which way did they go

[edit] just a little change then happy.gif

 

Posted by: Loranna Oct 30 2004, 12:21 AM

(I think Aki had to leave niceguy sad.gif)

Ala giggles. "Oh, right - Arynel, this is Sara. We've both been waiting for you to come back ..."

Sara and Ala laugh at Chex and toss sweetrolls at her. "Clumsy!" Sara says. "Here; eat and let the food refresh you. Good for the bruises and cuts you've all got ..."

Ala beckons Arynel to come sit between them. "We never finished our night together last time," she reminds him ...

 

Posted by: Arynel Oct 30 2004, 12:22 AM

QUOTE(Loranna @ Oct 29 2004, 10:31 PM)



Ala giggles. 
"Oh, right - Arynel, this is Sara.  We've both been waiting for you to come back ..."

Ala beckons Arynel to come sit between them.  "We never finished our night together last time," she reminds him ...

*






"How could I forget?" Arynel asked with a smile.

The Breton sat between the two women.
"It is nice to meet you, Sara."

 

Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)