Skip navigation
Library

Problems, Oddities, and Feedback

477 replies [Last post]
Fugu23's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2010

Holy shit no kidding. Didn't we have one of these before?

gro-dhal's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/04/2010

Actually it's quite handy because I was just thinking how much i'd like to listen to some Mahler, visit Amsterdam and date a single Christian man while growing shiitake mushrooms in a bottle.

Luagar's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2010

We're under attack!

 

 

Free music everywhere...

B
B's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2010

Holy shit!

quirk's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2010

gro-dhal wrote:

Actually it's quite handy because I was just thinking how much i'd like to listen to some Mahler, visit Amsterdam and date a single Christian man while growing shiitake mushrooms in a bottle.

It appears as if spambots are simply trying to make us more interesting.

Offline
Joined: 06/29/2010

Galactic Overlord Spamtazio has breached our defenses. May god help us!

B
B's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2010

Clean up in aisle 10!

Wow!  There were like 200-300 spam posts.

gro-dhal's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/04/2010

Reminds me of when I spammed a white supremacist site with bandwidth-busting Dalek pictures. I'm pretty sure they never managed to track down and delete all of them.

Offline
Joined: 07/27/2010

 i need some help on oblivion  i have 2 accounts my 2nd ones level 37 and i cant find a dremora lord i did some searching and found theres one in bruma  guild of mages  but wasnt till i got the blades finished i couldnt get that spell cause the guild was under attack and they all got killed by wraiths is there any other way to get that spell??

Proweler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2010
Offline
Joined: 07/27/2010

i when to that one some reason it wont let me ask anything there do i have to make another account for that one?

Lady N's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2010

...yes, thats how forums work. You need a separate account for each site/forum. 

Lady N's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2010

Getting a weird error in relation to time. When I'm logged out, the timezone is wrong, as it to be expected, but for some reason this leads to the forum thinking that posts made after the time in the default timezone have not yet been made. For instance, this post won't show up to me if I log out. 

B
B's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2010

Lady N wrote:

Getting a weird error in relation to time. When I'm logged out, the timezone is wrong, as it to be expected, but for some reason this leads to the forum thinking that posts made after the time in the default timezone have not yet been made. For instance, this post won't show up to me if I log out. 

That is weird.

Lady N's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2010

Never mind, it doesn't even appear to be a timezone thing. The latest post I see in the IFC thread is Dunmerdude's, and it always shows up as having been made 28 minutes ago. 

gritz's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/23/2010

Are there any plans to divide the game books into categories and subcategories?

Hundreds of books in alphabetical order is much less usable than having sections labelled "History", "Notes and Letters", "Official Documents", "Diaries" and such, as it was with the old system.

Fugu23's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2010

gritz wrote:

 having sections labelled "History", "Notes and Letters", "Official Documents", "Diaries" and such, as it was with the old system.

Or at the very least they should be tagged with similar stuff.

Lady N's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2010

They should already be tagged, though I remember xan having problems with the tags a while back. If some are missing I can try and fix them asap. 

The problem with the old system (besides the fact that it would be harder to transfer over) is that it wasn't as neatly organized as it appears. Something in "Fiction" could be "Scholarly" or a "Personal Correspondence". Likewise, something in the "Fiction" category could be religious or concerned with the Dwemer. Tags are a smoother system as they allow for a book to be placed in multiple categories, and for those categories to extend across games.

Anyways, no, there was no plan to incorporate the old categories. I will look into having an easier (more obvious) tag-based search system though. 

 

Fugu23's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2010

The thing that bothers me most when I'm trying to find something is that the search goes through the forums as well as the library itself. I'd have to do an advanced search to seperate the two. I guess one could argue that I might as well be doing an advanced search anyways if I'm looking for books, but in that case, can we get a link directly to it on the main page somewhere? It'd save a few clicks and some wasted loaded pages (and I'd assume bandwith as well).

EDIT: Maybe I'm just dumb, because I was looking for Withershins yesterday and could only remember that it had to do with letters and the guy went backwards at the end. And these were obviously very generic search terms. Today, after I found the story without the search, I try putting in "alphabet". It shows up like the third one down. :P

Still, though, it seems to organize them by date, and if that's the case forum posts will always come first, if the search terms are found in anything.

Proweler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2010

Hey folks,

I appologise for my somewhat unannounced disapearance. I had to sort out some personal stuff during the vacation and university has recently started again. I'm back now, though I can't say in which capacity. I'm doing a Masters degree in Computer Science now and workloads tend to varry between naught and ridicilous.

Regards,

Proweler

Proweler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2010

Fugu23 wrote:

The thing that bothers me most when I'm trying to find something is that the search goes through the forums as well as the library itself. I'd have to do an advanced search to seperate the two. I guess one could argue that I might as well be doing an advanced search anyways if I'm looking for books, but in that case, can we get a link directly to it on the main page somewhere? It'd save a few clicks and some wasted loaded pages (and I'd assume bandwith as well).

EDIT: Maybe I'm just dumb, because I was looking for Withershins yesterday and could only remember that it had to do with letters and the guy went backwards at the end. And these were obviously very generic search terms. Today, after I found the story without the search, I try putting in "alphabet". It shows up like the third one down. :P

Still, though, it seems to organize them by date, and if that's the case forum posts will always come first, if the search terms are found in anything.

Yeah, noticed it too. Right now it goes by relevance, date posted, number of comments. I've changed it to only work by relevance. I tried a few searches and it seems the results have improved.

If this doesn't work we'll have to look deeper into drupal to exclude the forum.

Lady N's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2010

Yay, someone who knows about Drupal is here! Can you help me with the tag menu? Its not dropping down atm, and the main page is just all the tagged content in alphabetical order. 

Proweler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2010

You mean the one in the side bar? Drops down for me just fine and yeah, otherwise it looks like a mess.

Not sure what to do about it, what do you want to do?

Lady N's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2010

I wanted it to drop down like the menus under Library navigation, so that they expand but do not load a new page. For the main page a list of tags (maybe with number of pages contained) would be good. Theres a post about my trials with it in the private forum. 

Fugu23's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2010

Dunno if you noticed, but there's alot of "advertisement" accounts.

Proweler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2010

Yeah, I just noticed. They can't post because they're using fake gmail adresses but looks like I'll have to drop in a captcha module.

Jeroic's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2010

Proweler wrote:

Yeah, I just noticed. They can't post because they're using fake gmail adresses but looks like I'll have to drop in a captcha module.

Just watched a documentary on Luis Von Ahn last night. I'd recommend it for any reputable forum anyway. 

But yes, there are a few more porno ad bots.

Lady N's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2010

I think I've finally figured out banning, so I'll be removing them when they pop up. 

 

Honestly, I can't imagine that anyone sees a title like "milfs in heat" and thinks "hm, I think I'll fap to that."

Jeroic's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/28/2010

Lady N wrote:

I think I've finally figured out banning, so I'll be removing them when they pop up. 

 

Honestly, I can't imagine that anyone sees a title like "milfs in heat" and thinks "hm, I think I'll fap to that."

 

If it exists, it's somebody's fetish. Unfortunately for most of us.

Lady N's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2010

I don't have a problem with people getting off to hot older women - they need loving too! - but the names are just so damn unappealing.